• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

My Journey to a 450+ lbs bench

good lifts CK. I think I might see why "tucking" the elbows is difficult for you. From what I can tell you hit pretty high up on your chest, atleast from the video. If it were me, i would try to target more around the nipple area, if not slightly below it.

I would say your grip is a bit narrow, considering your arm length. I noticed your elbows arent dipping below the bench *which is good* but I suspect that is because your elbows are flared at the bottom.

you had far better leg drive in this video, so good work there. all in all great lifts bro

good lifts CK. I think I might see why "tucking" the elbows is difficult for you. From what I can tell you hit pretty high up on your chest, atleast from the video. If it were me, i would try to target more around the nipple area, if not slightly below it.

I would say your grip is a bit narrow, considering your arm length. I noticed your elbows arent dipping below the bench *which is good* but I suspect that is because your elbows are flared at the bottom.

you had far better leg drive in this video, so good work there. all in all great lifts bro

Word thanks. i will try hitting the bar in a different spot (closer to my nips or something)
I get the narrow grip comment a lot, but to go much wider just hurts my shoulders (even though it does drastically shorten the range of motion).
Not really sure what you mean by elbows flaring. Will google it! :)

its fancy for "your elbows are out and not tucked" lol..it sounds like a vicious cycle for you..lol..you have a narrow grip because wider hurts your shoulders, but your narrow grip keeps you from really being able to tuck the elbows and hit the right spot on your chest, taking pressure off the shoulders.

Its a great thing you are open to tweaks and what not, and not bull headed "i know my shit"..reps coming

its fancy for "your elbows are out and not tucked" lol..it sounds like a vicious cycle for you..lol..you have a narrow grip because wider hurts your shoulders, but your narrow grip keeps you from really being able to tuck the elbows and hit the right spot on your chest, taking pressure off the shoulders.

Its a great thing you are open to tweaks and what not, and not bull headed "i know my shit"..reps coming

Thanks bro

I got chest again monday. Might try some technique Friday with some light weight and just try to hammer away at it.
Like I said once before I might just need in a real gym where poeple can drill it in my head and show me how to do it. I will youtube some more videos and keep at it. I dunno, its a struggle!

trust me bro, i know..I used to have a hybrid bodybuilder/powerlifting style, flat backed, flared elbows, touched high on my chest, but had great leg drive. Then I decided Id just rather move more weight and took on a powerlifter bench style. Dave tate is really good about getting set up, he's got a few videos on the subject

start ya off...EliteFTS.com: So You Think You Can Bench? - YouTube

Nice job, you should be proud of that lift.

Thanks XYZ !

Vind, I am gonna check out his videos tonight

Nice lift brother !!

I just had a nice lift myself on Saturday. I got 405. I am 45, almost 46 years old!

One suggestion I have for you to consider. It looks to me that you would aid from doing some benches with the chains. It really helps the lockout. I did them for 4 weeks. Doing progressively higher weight and only doing triples to work on explosiveness as well.

You can google this and get all the infr you need. My buddy has been doing this for a while now and he turned me onto it. He can do a shirted bench at 475... And that is with a two second pause on his chest before pressing it up!

Good luck brother...

Hey everyone!

Figured I would share this video with you guys! My bench 400lbs, its not perfect but hey it will only get prettier over the next few weeks. I am on week 4 of my 10 week cycle. My goal is a 450+ Bench before week 10!

<<< click here 400lbs bench >>>
Wish me luck! And feel free to follow my progress and lifting... I am running a pretty sweet log. Check my signature !

That was crazy complete stop and then power out the lift. No bounce and lock out there. :bow: Congrats on the PR.

And checking out what Photobucket's share option looks like...

Edit: Cool. It works. ^^^^ Click the pic.

Going for 420 Monday guys !

Thanks guys! I am anxious

Failed my lift attempt. But I will get it soon.
Motivation!

IML Gear Cream!
1. put your feet out wider. once your setup, push your heels out as hard as you can. keep your feet back where they are though, farther back than the knee. You have no stability.

2. as you come down, your coming up on your toes, you want to be driving down your heels and pushing your hips up. you loose all tightness when you lift your heels. When you go to press, you are so loose you cant just drive the bar up, your wasting energy trying to plant your feet, and you have no balance.

3. squeeze your traps and pull your shoulders back together, think of someone poking you inbetween your shoulder blades and you want to pinch their fingers with them.

This will put 10lbs on that bench.
The bench does look a little tall, but if you get your feet back, your knees will be lower, and you can plant your feet.
here is me warming up at a meet. You can see what I mean by having your heels out. I dont expect anyone to have a good arch right away, but your feet should be similar.
benchwarmup.jpg

Supps

Hey everyone!

Figured I would share this video with you guys! My bench 400lbs, its not perfect but hey it will only get prettier over the next few weeks. I am on week 4 of my 10 week cycle. My goal is a 450+ Bench before week 10!

<<< click here 400lbs bench >>>
Wish me luck! And feel free to follow my progress and lifting... I am running a pretty sweet log. Check my signature !
okay man just tell us right now...400? So how did you do it? Even Barry Bonds went to practice every now and then. LOL :) Great Work!

okay man just tell us right now...400? So how did you do it? Even Barry Bonds went to practice every now and then. LOL :) Great Work!

How did I do what? I haven't got the 450 yet bud. Still struggling. I am at the 400 mark though

I agree 100%, If you still have issues with tucking your elbow aim for your sternum. Also, maybe a lift of until you are comfortable with the positioning of the bars path.
I was unable to tell by the video, excuse me if you were doing so. Try digging your traps into the bench, imagine pinching a pencil between your shoulder blades and flare you lats HARD.
All in all good lifts Brother.

Thanks guys for the tips
going for all this again on Thursday. I really need to get my base down pat

fucking awesome job! how long are your arms?! they look extremely short.

God bless it I am short, but dont hate haha
I am like 5'5 and my arms are not very long.

Off to the gym. Have a video posted tonight. WIsh me luck!

Back