• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

"acromioclavicular hypertrophy, and associated bone marrow edema"

Digitalash

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I posted this in my other thread "injury update" but doesn't look like I'm gonna get much feedback there. That's mostly about the double labrum tear I recently had confirmed via MRI, but it also showed this. The doctor barely mentioned it and I can't find anything about what exactly would cause this or how this will affect me. Anyone know why my bone would be bruised, or what part of my AC joint has hypertrophied exactly? Should I be worried or is this normal for weightlifters or is it related to my labrum tear?

Damn it Digital :(
Sorry to hear your nightmare came true bro.
The positive though is that you can begin the road to recovery man.
Wish you all the best in doing so!
I have no input on your question here other than call to call your Dr. And possibly post this in the training forum to.

This is not an uncommon injury for marathon kayakers but I have no idea if it is common with weight lifting. If I found out it was common among weight lifters though, it would hardly surprise me.

There are many things that can cause such an injury including dislocating your shoulder, arthritis, over exertion, over extending, blunt force injury and the injury that caused your labrum tear could very easily have something to do with it.

The most likely reason your Doc barely mentioned it is because it is not that serious. It is a very treatable injury and not normally something to worry too much about, especially after your doctor already knows about it.

If you are concerned or having too much pain talk to your doc once again about some physical therapy and/or medication.

You should heal up just fine if you keep communicating with your doctor. Best of luck!

Thanks guys, I assumed it just wasn't a very big deal. I'm guessing it was either the stress that caused the tear or the fact I was lifting with a tear and probably putting stress in places that aren't meant for it. Also thanks Dath, it definitely has been a nightmare lol. I'm looking into getting a payment plan with an ortho for the labrum surgery, or possibly even going to a medical school since they will apparently sometimes do pro-bono work. Just trying to find out as much as possible about everything so I can see what my options are, appreciate the input though guys

Back