• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Reoccurring Pain....Brachialis?

DaMayor

Un~Bulking
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Re-occurring Pain....Brachialis?

Once or twice in the past few years, I have had a reoccurring pain @ my elbow when doing curls...usually 'preacher' curls. I suspect that I have strained the brachialis at the point located nearest the "inner" elbow, on the thumb side. (with palms facing upward) Doesn't seem to be a tendon.
Other than avoiding hyperextension when doing (all) curls, what can I do to avoid this? (straps, etc.) Secondly, is it altogether harmful to continue working this muscle/group with lighter weights in the meantime?

Last edited:
I've had the same problem, along with many people here.

Some things you can do:
Switch to DB preacher
Ez bar with different angles
use a straight bar
Use the cable

You mentioned hyper-extending, I think this is how my problem started as well.
I continued to work out, I used straps around my forearms and that helped, had to use them for about a month.

I always thought that golfer's elbow was more towards the posterior/ elbow side of the arm. This pain is on the anterior side, just off center. This is why I suspected the brachialis, or the general area.
I use all of the above for curls, but in most cases this happens w/ the preacher. I think I'm just adding too much weight, or an additional set when I should be finished...I hard headed that way.
We'll just rest it. I just hate down time.:mad:
Thanks for the input.:thumb:

Back