• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

The Countdown is On!

jstar

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My first competition is a mere 11 weeks away now so I decided to document the rest of my journey here, online for feedback, criticism and most of all - motivation!!! I will be competing in the Figure class and I have been working with a trainer (online)who is also a fitness competitor (and champion)so I know I am in good hands. I just have to "follow through" on my intentions and stay on my diet and training regimen.

I started dieting at 16 weeks out. Admittingly, I've had a few cheats :mad: but still made good progress. I know I need to go from loosely following the program the best I can to following it to a tee..that has been the challenge.

Although my bodyweight has only gone down by a half a pound in the past 5 weeks, I have been losing inches, thus replacing fat with muscle. The progress has come to a halt so I am going to start carb cycling next week (at 10 weeks out). Since I began I have noticed the biggest change in my legs. Leg strength is way up :thumb: and I feel how BIG they are under the layer of fat. My shoulders are a weak point so we are going to switch up my routine to emphasize them more. A few weeks ago I hurt my shoulder so I was doing rehab-only (weightless) delt exercises for 2 weeks to let them repair. Now I am doing my regular shoulder routine with lighter weight and the rehab. This will change soon so I will post it once I know exactly what I will be doing.

I will post what this week looks like even though it will change next week:

Weights:
S 2/22: 45 cardio
S 2/23: 45 cardio
M 2/24: 45 cardio
T 2/25: Chest/Biceps/Abs
W 2/26: Legs/Abs
T:2/27: 45 cardio
F:2/28: Back/Triceps/Shoulders/Abs

I've been doing the same split all along but started out with 3X30 cardio and built up to 4X45. All cardio is done first thing in the morning before eating. (No thermos)

Diet:
6 meals a day - 7 on training days (Post w/o meal)

Averaging 2000 cals...185 C, 185 P, 62 F

Meals vary day to day but usually I only have starchy carbs in meals 1,2,and 3 (and post workout)...that is if I am good!!:p

Stats:
2/22/03
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 136.5
Relaxed Waist: 29.75"
Waist sucked in:D 28.5"
Narrowest Part of Waist: 27.5"
Hips: 38.25"
L Bicep: 10.88 -11" (unflexed)
R Bicep: 10.75" (unflexed)

Updates will be every Saturday until showtime!

Oh yeah, here's my pics taken 2/13/03..about 12 weeks out.

If anyone has any input - please comment. I can use all the help I can get.

P.S.
I am not using bodyfat % testing to track my results as I have had widly varying results with it in the past. I would appreciate any competitors who would help me figure out: HOW MUCH MORE LBS OF FAT DO I NEED TO LOSE, in your opinion?

Thanks!

OK I am clueless as to how to post pics. I dont have winzip so I dont think I can download them. They are in a photo album on Walmart's website. I can email them to a moderator and then they can post them in here. Any takers?

Originally posted by jstar
OK I am clueless as to how to post pics. I dont have winzip so I dont think I can download them. They are in a photo album on Walmart's website. I can email them to a moderator and then they can post them in here. Any takers?

just link them to this thread. put the url to the pics in IMG tags.

and where in MA are ya?

Hey Monolith,

I would do that but it would give everyone total access to my account so I would rather not. If I choose "share photos" however I can email them to whoever...

In in the south shore, how 'bout you?

You can email them to me if you like just send me a pm and I'll give you my email addy :)

Hey jstar!

I was wondering where you were..

welcome back!

which show are you going to do? NPC, NABF or INBF?

Hey Lina!

How have you been?

I've been around IM a little but haven't really posted much.

The show I'm doing is WNBF, which is part of the INBF.

I just got back from a Figure Seminar given by the show's promoter and last year's figure winner and it was great! I am so glad I went because all the things they went over are certainly things I would not have even thought about.We have to do a "model walk" one at a time and after everyone completes their walk we all come out on stage in a line and do quarter turns. We were practicing them in our heels so now I know exactly what to do and what not to do as I practice at home. Only 4 other girls who would be in my class attended and all of us were first-timers so I might actually have a shot. I am excited!

I was thinking of doing NPC figure next year but a few people there were telling us that those girls are rather large (like natural bodybuilders) because there is no drug testing. In fact, the INBF is the only organization that requires fitness and figure competitors to be drug tested.

Hey Jstar!!!!

I actually know which seminar you are talking about and I was thinking about going to that one but I didn't think I was going to be ready soon so I decided to do it next time...I have too much going on and my plate is full right now. I did get some info from Nancy Andrews. I am planning to go to watch the NPC and the Northeast Classic one so I'll be rooting for ya!! :thumb: :thumb:

Talk about big though...I thought last years figure winner was great looking and NPC level looking...great size...! That's great that they had you all practice and go through the motions! Sounds like it was worth it.

Yes I am glad that they are testing so diligently and that's good. I think this is a great contest to start out with and they look like a good organization.

Hey Lina!

Yes that's the show!

You should definitely do the show if you have the time. A lot of the girls there (and there were only 6 others) were 1st timers and haven't even begun dieting or seriously getting ready. I started at 16 weeks out but that is because I have more bf% to lose! Also there is a Masters division too and 2 of those girls are in that class.

Last year's winner was there, she is pretty small in person, none of the girls were too big, which is good for me! It's presentation and conditioning that are key to doing well.

If you changed your mind there are going to be additional posing classes coming up. I will give you the dates but I don't have the flyer right in front of me at the moment.

Take care:)

I guess I'd qualify for Masters pretty soon! :( :sob: But I think that's only for the bb. I'm more interested in figure.

Sounds like the odds are good for ya! :thumb: I can't believe that some girls have not started dieting yet. I think being a perfectionist that I am I need atleast 6 months- 1yr (j/k)! :D :D No, I think I'm going to just enjoy the shows this year and maybe do something in the fall or next spring...

So where are your pics girlie? I wanna see!

IML Gear Cream!
I can't believe that some girls have not started dieting yet. I think being a perfectionist that I am I need atleast 6 months- 1yr (j/k)!

Yeah, no kidding! Most of them are already really lean though so they probably don't have to diet as long. One girl from last years show said she talked to another girl right before they took to the stage and this chick was eating french fries the day before :eek: Too funny!

No, I think I'm going to just enjoy the shows this year and maybe do something in the fall or next spring...

Cool :thumb: :cool:

So where are your pics girlie? I wanna see!

W8lifter's going to post them

Ok, still working on the pictures. I need to download them first to my PC if I can.

Well I haven't posted a darn day of eating or training but I will starting Saturday, when I get my new plan.:D

test

Finally!!!

Yes!!! Finally I am able to post these. All comments are welcome!

Backside (Yikes!)

Side View

another side

Legs

Back

last one

IML Gear Cream!
Sorry for some of the sideways photos...

anyways i am 10 weeks out so please help me figure out how much I need to lose before the contest.

Thanks!

2/28/03

Cardio
45 Minutes - Elliptical

M1
1/2 Cup Oats
1 egg
1 eggbeater
multivitamin
glutamine

C: 344.5
C: 36.5
P: 33
F: 8

M2
1/2 Cup Oats
5 oz. Turkey
1 TBL Flax Oil

C: 420
C: 27
P: 39
F: 18.5

M3
1/2 Cup Oats
5 oz. Turkey

C: 300
C: 27
P: 39
F: 4.5

*Workout

M4 - Postworkout
10 oz. Orange-Pineapple Juice
2 Scoops Whey
Glutamine

C:270
C:41
P:25
F:1.5

M5
5 oz. Turkey
1 TBL Flax
1 cup veggies

C:300
C:13
P:35
F:15.5

Totals:
C:1634.5
C: 144.5
P: 171
F: 48

That's too low...should be higher but today was poorly planned. Starting tomorrow I will be PREPARED!!!

BTW, I normally don't do weights/cardio on the same day if I can help it but this past week was messed up. Hopefully by journaling every day I will be accountable and do what I am supposed to do instead of winging it. Crack the whip :whip:

Workout:
Back/Shoulders/Triceps:

Wide Pulldowns:
12/50
10/60
7/65
8.5/60

Shrugs
10/40
10/40
10/40

Seated Cable Row
12/55
7/60
7/60

Tricep Pressdowns
15/60
12/70
10/80

Lying DB Tri Ext
12/10
5/12
12/10

Seated DB Lateral Raise
11/8
10/8
10/8

Rear Delt Machine
13/45
12/50
6/55

Crunches
Superset: Front, Left, Right
3 x 15 each

Shoulder Rehab - no weights used
Lateral Raises - 2x10
Pullovers - 2x10
Shoulder Rolls (Front & Back) - 2x10
Circles (Front & Back) - 2x25

Last edited:
Change of plans:

Originally I was supposed to change my diet/training this week but now it looks like this:

10 Weeks Out: 3/1 - 3/7

Diet: Same
Cardio: 4 X 45 (in the a.m.)
Training: Same

9 Weeks Out: 3/8 - 3/14

Diet: Carb-Cycling
Cardio: ? - may change
Training: New Plan, prioritizing shoulders

I will post the new program once I get it.

Hey I'm no expert but you look pretty good already...

Just keep at it and you'll get there...

I'm sure your trainer knows what to do

Also, better start tanning! :D

Also, better start tanning!

:laugh: That is exactly what my trainer said too!

I am going to try the spray-gun tan at TVigs. They use Jan Tana and they will also be at my show for touch-ups. Nancy said (as white as I am :D ) that you only need to do it once to get dark enough for the show. I will do a "test trial" before I snap my 8 week pics to see for myself.

Thanks W8!

Stats Page

Stats: 3/1/03 - 10 weeks out

Weight: 135.5
Tanita: 29%
Relaxed Waist: 29.25"
Nat. Waist: 28.5"
Narrowest Part: 27"
Hips: 38"
Right Bi: 11"
Left Bi: 11"

2/22 - 11 weeks out
Relaxed Waist: 29.75-30"
Nat. Waist: 28.5"
Narrowest Part: 27.5"

2/15 - 12 weeks out
Weight: 137
Tanita: 31%
Relaxed Waist: 29.5"
Nat. Waist: 28.25"
Narrowest Part: 27.25"

2/8 - 13 weeks out
Weight: 137
Relaxed Waist: 29.75"
Nat. Waist: 29"
Narrowest Part: 27.5"

2/1 - 14 weeks out
Tanita: 30%
Relaxed Waist: 30"
Nat. Waist: 29"
Narrowest Part: 27.25"

1/19 - 16 weeks out
Tanita: 32%
Relaxed Waist: 30.5"
Nat. Waist: 29.5"
Narrowest Part: 28"
Hips: 38.37"

3/1/03

M1
3/4 Cup Oats
1 egg
1 Better N' Eggs
5 fresh strawberries
glutamine
multivitamin

C: 402
C: 59
P: 22.5
F: 9.5

M2
3/4 Cup Oats
5.75 oz. Turkey
1 Cup Salad
1 TBL Flax oil

C: 547.5
C: 47.5
P: 46.6
F: 20.225

M3 - Postworkout
2 Scoops Whey
1 Cup 1% Milk
Glutamine

M4
6.25 oz. Turkey
1 Cup Salad
1 TBL Flax Oil

M5
1/2 Cup Oats
1 Scoop Whey

Last edited:
Originally posted by jstar
M4 - Postworkout
10 oz. Orange-Pineapple Juice
2 Scoops Whey
Glutamine

Ditch that Orange-Pineapple juice. Use water instead and cream. Probs 1 T heavy cream. W8 or Dp could tell you how much...

Back