• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

getting older

jagbender

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
423963_225853214174025_185115038247843_465710_1719904424_n1.jpg

Well look at the bright side....unlike some of us, at least you got your head together. I'm still working on that one. :wits:

As soon as i got my head together it was when i realized that i was getting old.

Now, i'm getting old with style:winkfinger:

The body falling apart will come later...

I used to worry about getting older
Now I worry about not getting older

I used to worry about getting older
Now I worry about not getting older

lol This.

Not especially worried about death, but I notice with shock when someone 15 years younger than I am punches out. :(

Fellow teacher was stabbed and shot dead by her estranged husband. Just in her 30's and had children.

Younger brother's friend died of injuries after she went through her windshield on New Year's Day in the a.m. She also had children.

Will be 50 in August (unless I fall off a roof, a truck jumps a curb, or a car crosses the median during my daily commute) and am grateful I've made it this far. Everyone seems to think they'll make it to 100.

They won't.

Ain't that a bitch.... Ha.

I just figured out my way around the gym after nearly twenty years. Damn...... Oh well.

Looking forward to being a lean mean AARP cardholder.

I'm working 4 12's and 2 8'S a week. I spend around 5 hours a week in the gym. 75% cardio and this shit is starting to take its toll on me. I can feel it. But the last thing I want to be is an old fat guy (no offense KOS). I play a lot of raquet sports against guys in thier 20's and god willing I will be 53 next month if my heart don't explode on the Raquetball court which it feels like it is going to sometimes. I'm starting to wonder if supps or hrt is the answer. Time to see a doc and see if that is a possibilty.

54 done with PCT Bro....Test Blend/Anavar or Dbol 12 week cycles
cruise with 250mg Test E per week

Rinse and repeat

I'm working 4 12's and 2 8'S a week. I spend around 5 hours a week in the gym. 75% cardio and this shit is starting to take its toll on me. I can feel it. But the last thing I want to be is an old fat guy (no offense KOS). I play a lot of raquet sports against guys in thier 20's and god willing I will be 53 next month if my heart don't explode on the Raquetball court which it feels like it is going to sometimes. I'm starting to wonder if supps or hrt is the answer. Time to see a doc and see if that is a possibilty.

I'm 50 almost 51. Been on HRT for about a year now I don't miss my nuts don't get a chance to use them much anyway !

Feel much better on now than I did when I was 40!

lol This.

Not especially worried about death, but I notice with shock when someone 15 years younger than I am punches out. :(

Fellow teacher was stabbed and shot dead by her estranged husband. Just in her 30's and had children.

Younger brother's friend died of injuries after she went through her windshield on New Year's Day in the a.m. She also had children.

Will be 50 in August (unless I fall off a roof, a truck jumps a curb, or a car crosses the median during my daily commute) and am grateful I've made it this far. Everyone seems to think they'll make it to 100.

They won't.

It kind of puts mortality in perspective when people in your age range "checks out". Live life, have fun and "check out" exhausted!!

It kind of puts mortality in perspective when people in your age range "checks out". Live life, have fun and "check out" exhausted!!

This.

Have seen a variation on that somewhere online. Googled and found this:

???Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'???
― Hunter S. Thompson

Also from Hunter S. Thompson: "Buy the ticket, take the ride."

By the way, he blew his brains out in 2005.

hunter-thompson-3.jpg

By the way, he blew his brains out in 2005.

Hunter Stockton Thompson (July 18, 1937 ??? February 20, 2005) was an American journalist and author who wrote The Rum Diary (1998), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1971), Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 (1973), The Curse of Lono (1983), and Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs (1966).

He is credited as the creator of Gonzo journalism, a style of reporting where reporters involve themselves in the action to such a degree that they become central figures of their stories. He is known also for his lifelong use of alcohol, LSD, mescaline, and cocaine (among other substances); his love of firearms; his inveterate hatred of Richard Nixon; and his iconoclastic contempt for authoritarianism. While suffering a bout of health problems, he committed suicide in 2005 at the age of 67.

Death

Thompson died at his "fortified compound" known as "Owl Farm" in Woody Creek, Colorado, at 5:42 p.m. on February 20, 2005, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. The fatal gunshot was fired from a Smith and Wesson Model 645 handgun.

Thompson's son (Juan), daughter-in-law (Jennifer) and grandson (Will) were visiting for the weekend at the time of his suicide. Will and Jennifer were in the adjacent room when they heard the gunshot. Mistaking the shot for the sound of a book falling, they continued with their activities for a few minutes before checking on him. The police report concerning his death stated that in a typewriter in front of Thompson, they found "a piece of paper carrying the date 'Feb 22 '05' and the single word 'counselor'."

They reported to the press that they do not believe his suicide was out of desperation, but was a premeditated act resulting from Thompson's many painful and chronic medical conditions, which included a hip replacement. Thompson's wife, Anita Thompson, who was at The Aspen Club at the time of her husband's death, was on the phone with him as he cocked the gun. According to the Aspen Daily News, before setting the receiver on the counter, he asked her to come home to help him write his ESPN column . Mistaking the sound of the cocking of the gun for the sound of his typewriter keys, she hung up as he fired the gun. Juan Thompson found his father's body after hearing the gunshot. According to police reports and Anita Thompson's cell phone records, he called the sheriff a half hour later. Juan Thompson then walked outside the Woody Creek home and fired three shotgun blasts into the air as police were driving to the scene.

"Juan told me he had shot a shotgun into the air to mark the passing of his father," Pitkin County Deputy Sheriff John Armstrong said in his report.

What Doug Brinkley describes as a suicide note written by Thompson to his wife, Anita Thompson, was later published by Rolling Stone in the September issue #983. Titled "Football Season Is Over", it read:

"No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun ??? for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your (old) age. Relax ??? This won't hurt."

Artist and friend Ralph Steadman wrote:

"...He told me 25 years ago that he would feel real trapped if he didn't know that he could commit suicide at any moment. I don't know if that is brave or stupid or what, but it was inevitable. I think that the truth of what rings through all his writing is that he meant what he said. If that is entertainment to you, well, that's OK. If you think that it enlightened you, well, that's even better. If you wonder if he's gone to Heaven or Hell, rest assured he will check out them both, find out which one Richard Milhous Nixon went to ??? and go there. He could never stand being bored. But there must be Football too ??? and Peacocks..."

Funeral

On August 20, 2005, in a private ceremony, Thompson's ashes were fired from a cannon to the tune of Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky" and Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man." The cannon was placed atop a 153-foot (47 m) tower of his own design, in the shape of a double-thumbed fist clutching a peyote button originally used in Hunter S. Thompson's 1970 campaign for sheriff of Aspen, Colorado. Red, white, blue, and green fireworks were launched along with his ashes. According to his widow Anita, Thompson's funeral was financed by actor Johnny Depp, a close friend of Thompson. Depp told the Associated Press, "All I'm doing is trying to make sure his last wish comes true. I just want to send my pal out the way he wants to go out."

Other famous attendees at the funeral included U.S. Senator John Kerry and former U.S. Senator George McGovern; 60 Minutes correspondents Ed Bradley and Charlie Rose; actors Jack Nicholson, Bill Murray, Benicio del Toro, Sean Penn, and Josh Hartnett; singers Lyle Lovett, John Oates and numerous other friends. An estimated 280 people attended the funeral.

The plans for this monument were initially drawn by Thompson and Ralph Steadman and were shown as part of an Omnibus program on the BBC entitled Fear and Loathing in Gonzovision (1978). It is included as a special feature on the second disc of the 2003 Criterion Collection DVD release of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, labeled on the DVD as Fear and Loathing on the Road to Hollywood.

More @ Hunter S. Thompson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Growing older is mandatory, growing up is an option. I've always tried to have fun in life, sometimes way too much fun but so be it.

My perspective has changed with the arrival of my daughter. I always said that I didn't want to live too long, now I want to live forever to see her grow up and accomplish things. I also want to spend many, many years loving my wife.

Training in a family fitness gym, I see many people my age (51, almost 52) who are hardly mobile, in terrible shape and show up just to go through the motions. One man in particular is the same age I am, uses a walker or a cane, can barely lift 10 pound dumbbells and seems to have resigned himself to the fact that there is nothing he can do about it.

It's sad, but we have options in growing older. We just have to realize them and take advantage.

i will never die i'm forever young.
strength through oi !!!!

IML Gear Cream!
:coffee:

^^^^ When I get to DC, I'm putting you in the ground. grrr

come-at-me-dgg-ese.jpg

Note to self: NEVER go to DC again.
Deal-With-It_4f529c5bd97a0371970b06e4d9caf2d8.gif
:coffee::coffee:
ou can come and visit me a ask at my house

U habla nigga
Deal-With-It_4f529c5bd97a0371970b06e4d9caf2d8.gif