• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Florida Drivers Shelling Out Nearly $6 A Gallon At Some Gas Stations

Big Pimpin

Sancho
Registered
Reaction score
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
IML Gear Cream!
TAMPA (CBS Tampa) ??? Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn???t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

???Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,??? Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, told CBS Tampa, adding that people regularly complain about gas prices in that area.

The Sunshine State is opening up its wallet, paying an average of $3.67 a gallon of unleaded gas, 12 cents more than the national average. And it???s only expected to go up.

???It doesn???t look like we will have relief at the pump anytime soon,??? Brady told CBS Tampa. ???I do think we will see prices surpass $4 a gallon. I think we will see that closer to spring time.???

One reason for the high prices is the conflict with Iran over the Strait of Hormuz. Iran has threatened to disrupt oil shipments through the waterway due to the European Union sanctions leveled against the country over its nuclear program, causing the price of crude to skyrocket. Trading on a barrel of crude today is a little over $106.

Another reason for the high gas prices: positive economic news. The drop in the unemployment rate and improved housing market numbers have caused gas and oil prices to rise.

???I know it frustrates quite a few consumers why positive news will lead to higher prices,??? Brady told CBS Tampa. ???It really just comes down to speculation.???

A third culprit behind the gas price boom is Greece. The EU???s bailout for the indebted country only adds to the global fuel demand.

And because of these reasons, Brady believes that Florida and the rest of the U.S. could see historic gas prices.

???I think this year we will see much higher highs.???

Believe it or not, those prices aren???t the highest in the nation. According to GasBuddy.com, motorists in Alaska are paying a whopping $6.34 for a gallon of regular at some gas stations. The cheapest gas can be found in Wyoming at $2.75 a gallon.

Yes, the "gas histeria" is all over the media - again.

Ooh....aww!! I have to pay more for gas.

Buy a gas efficient car and drive less, douche bags.

The issue of high gas will be with us for some time.

I remember that thread I started prediction Brent Crude to hit at least $150 USD per barrell.

I was off by about 6 months.

I expect future hikes when the Iran attack starts - and I think the attack will happen before August 1st.

That seems bass ackwards, you would think states by the ocean and near oil would pay lower prices and land locked places like Wyoming would pay higher prices... I guess it's all based on demand and not supply... Really sounds like price gouging teetering on profiteering...

With mild winter we have plenty of oil on hand. Problem is along with middle east bullshit is the oil co. shipping our oil to China which makes me nuts.Sipping it to China instead of keeping it here to help knock prices down???
Oil co. lining pockets. Also the pipeline was a bust because Obama doesnt want to touch it until after election so he doesnt piss the tree huggers off but basically said a fuck you to the unions that played a huge part in getting him the job in the first place. Plus I think alot of these refineries are still shut down in the Gulf because of the oil spill. What option do they give us...go out and buy that piece of shit Chevy Volt....fail.

With mild winter we have plenty of oil on hand. Problem is along with middle east bullshit is the oil co. shipping our oil to China which makes me nuts.Sipping it to China instead of keeping it here to help knock prices down???

O'reilly made this argument as well and was quickly shown that by shipping domestic to china, we would lower global prices. So we still benefit whether or not the oil stays in the U.S. or wherever.

O'reilly made this argument as well and was quickly shown that by shipping domestic to china, we would lower global prices. So we still benefit whether or not the oil stays in the U.S. or wherever.

SFW, I would like to see that. I just dont get it.It just seems that whatever the deal is the only people winning here are the oil co. whether its with the speculators or whatever.

TAMPA (CBS Tampa) ??? Talk about pain at the pump! Some Florida drivers are spending nearly $6 a gallon to fill up their gas tanks.

According to GasBuddy.com, motorists are shelling out $5.89 for a gallon of regular gas at a Shell station in Lake Buena Vista, topping out at $5.99 a gallon for premium. It doesn???t get better at a Suncoast Energy station in Orlando, where drivers are paying $5.79 for a gallon of regular.

???Prices over in the Disney World area are much higher than any other place in Florida,??? Jessica Brady, AAA spokeswoman, told CBS Tampa, adding that people regularly complain about gas prices in that area.

The Sunshine State is opening up its wallet, paying an average of $3.67 a gallon of unleaded gas, 12 cents more than the national average. And it???s only expected to go up.

???It doesn???t look like we will have relief at the pump anytime soon,??? Brady told CBS Tampa. ???I do think we will see prices surpass $4 a gallon. I think we will see that closer to spring time.???

One reason for the high prices is the conflict with Iran over the Strait of Hormuz. Iran has threatened to disrupt oil shipments through the waterway due to the European Union sanctions leveled against the country over its nuclear program, causing the price of crude to skyrocket. Trading on a barrel of crude today is a little over $106.

Another reason for the high gas prices: positive economic news. The drop in the unemployment rate and improved housing market numbers have caused gas and oil prices to rise.

???I know it frustrates quite a few consumers why positive news will lead to higher prices,??? Brady told CBS Tampa. ???It really just comes down to speculation.???

A third culprit behind the gas price boom is Greece. The EU???s bailout for the indebted country only adds to the global fuel demand.

And because of these reasons, Brady believes that Florida and the rest of the U.S. could see historic gas prices.

???I think this year we will see much higher highs.???

Believe it or not, those prices aren???t the highest in the nation. According to GasBuddy.com, motorists in Alaska are paying a whopping $6.34 for a gallon of regular at some gas stations. The cheapest gas can be found in Wyoming at $2.75 a gallon.
Gas prices are getting out of hand.

It doesn't have anything to do with the middle east.

The average in FL is $3.67, says the article. The ones its talking about that are almost $6 are the ones around disneyworld. This is about robbing tourists, which is a chief business around the disney area.

Typical media fear-mongering.

Gas near me just went up 30 cents a gallon over night.

IML Gear Cream!
Saw an interview with Donald Trump and he said, "the US should consider seizing oil fields in Libia and Iraq to reinburst the 1.5 trillion the United States has spent on the war." Pretty radical stand but a one of the many solutions to keep gas prices under control.

soon , peeps will rebel and carpool and/or stay the fuk home like before and it will have to stabilize or decrease!

Our prices are up and we get most of ours from the US and Indonesia, how the Middle East comes into play is beyond me on that...

Gas was $3.91 at my local cheep station in the Bay Area on Tues. Last night driving home, I noticed it had bumped up $0.20 overnight to $4.11.

I blame Barry Sotoero

soon , peeps will rebel and carpool and/or stay the fuk home like before and it will have to stabilize or decrease!

No way. People rarely band together.

prices-ouch.jpg

:eek: :mooh: :wits:

Oil co. lining pockets. Also the pipeline was a bust because Obama doesnt want to touch it until after election so he doesnt piss the tree huggers off but basically said a fuck you to the unions that played a huge part in getting him the job in the first place. Plus I think alot of these refineries are still shut down in the Gulf because of the oil spill. What option do they give us...go out and buy that piece of shit Chevy Volt....fail.

Supply and demand, you all want the benefits of capitalism but when it does not work in your favor, you bitch. Sure it is shitty when the refined products are exported and we pay more, but what we pay is LESS after taxes than what they sell it for. I do agree that a small export tax needs to be put on petroleum distillate exports, it would keep a lot more here. What gets me is we pay farmers to either grow a specific crop or not grow at all but we won't let the oil companies, huge job creators, not drill domestically.

Our president has a plan and is doing this 100% on purpose. If you don't see that you are really fucking blind. The viability of renewable, extremely inefficient and expensive energy sources will not be realized until oil, gas, jet fuel and heating oil are so expensive it can be justified. The Keystone pipeline was a really smart investment in jobs and our future as a nation, instead he is sucking the Saudi, Brazilian and West African dicks. He is the biggest hypocrate I have ever known and I hope he rots in hell after all the BS he continues to pull. Watch Atlas Shrugged, it is a perfect example of what his second term will be like.

Yes, the "gas histeria" is all over the media - again.

Ooh....aww!! I have to pay more for gas.

Buy a gas efficient car and drive less, douche bags.

The issue of high gas will be with us for some time.

I remember that thread I started prediction Brent Crude to hit at least $150 USD per barrell.

I was off by about 6 months.

I expect future hikes when the Iran attack starts - and I think the attack will happen before August 1st.

I'm sure its bush's fault still:coffee::coffee:

It doesn't have anything to do with the middle east.

The average in FL is $3.67, says the article. The ones its talking about that are almost $6 are the ones around disneyworld. This is about robbing tourists, which is a chief business around the disney area.

Typical media fear-mongering.

Really, are you that blind too? Jesus, this has always been part of a large plan that is playing out to a T. The debt sores, people don't save all they do is spend, prices continue to rise but wages stagnate, inflammation is falsely report as 3% when it is easily triple that (look at any commodities index and how bad our currency is doing. And apparently, even though we are all broke as fuck and it will continue to get worse no matter what BS rhetoric you hear from the dems and reps, our taxes will go up because we can't afford the 1.3 trillion dollar deficits our President just put forth in his budget. You want to blame somebody, blame the last 4 presidents that have not put a real budget and energy policy together that will give us sustainable economic growth. The impact that a real, long term 50-100 year energy policy would have on REAL economic, job and wage growth in this country would be astounding. We saw it in the 1960s, 1970s, 1990s and from 2004-2007. Anyone, LAM and all his ignorance come to mind, tell you the energy industry is not a major job creator doesn't know shit. The unemployment and wage growth in the gulf states from 2004-2007 was staggering, I know because I experienced it. My income has gone up less than 8% since 2007, that doesn't include inflation, before it would go up 10-15% per year for nearly everyone in the region.

Go ahead and hate on the oil industry, its dirty, people get kick backs, wars are fought over it, but guess what, the pharmaceutical industry is so fucking rigged and dirty it makes oil look like child's play. End rant/ :jerkit:

Anyone, LAM and all his ignorance come to mind, tell you the energy industry is not a major job creator doesn't know shit.

instead of guessing at the employment that your industry provides you could do what I do and go to the BLS website, all the historical data is there.

Oil and Gas Extraction: NAICS 211
Industries at a Glance: Oil and Gas Extraction: NAICS 211

* As of January 2012 oil & gas extraction employees 186,000 people in the US and the civillian labor force is 154.3M so that's .12% of the US labor force employed in oil & gas extraction.

wow that was difficult....

IML Gear Cream!
You are so FUCKING retarded!!!!! You don't understand a damn thing about how industry works at all. Does that take into account the raw material suppliers, miners, coating companies, diagnostic testing companies and NDT suppliers, TRAVEL AGENTS, customs agents, shipping, trucking, the list goes on. If you cannot grasp that the reason the places like MI, IN, OH were hit so hard by the auto industry turn down they were a massive amount of jobs not directly related that were lost. Machine shops are a classic example, oh yeah I went there to visit many so I know what I am talking about so save me any BS you claim you know. LAM, if you actually worked in an industry besides your short stint in finance and commercial lending, you might learn how real industry works and understand why people in ND working at McDonald's now make $15/hr with full benefits. So yes, say the oil industry employs no one to anyone in the shale play areas in the US who now have jobs when they didn't for years, see what the 711 owner says now that his sales have quadruppled over night.

You probably think the Keystone pipeline getting shut down was a good idea don't you? All pro-union you are, you should have been sucking the union job cock for that one, 20K more jobs directly created by the oil industry, guess your number might have been 20K off if our President wasn't a coward who pandered to a minority of his progressive base.

That seems bass ackwards, you would think states by the ocean and near oil would pay lower prices and land locked places like Wyoming would pay higher prices... I guess it's all based on demand and not supply... Really sounds like price gouging teetering on profiteering...

the US is exporting gas and other fuels to the world market to sell to the highest bidder. this is why it matters not how much oil is extracted from the US, those company's are going to sell it to the highest bidder. anybody that thinks big oil gives a shit about what we pay at the pump is crazy, profits and dividends on stocks is all that matters. the past 30 years is all the proof that is needed about how much US large firms care about US workers, it's not their problem.

Gas, other fuels top US exports for first time - The China Post

"The most obvious downside to America's growing role as a fuel exporter is higher domestic prices. The more fuel that's sent overseas, the less of a supply cushion there is at home."

Gas, Diesel, Jet Fuel are Top U.S. Exports - Truckinginfo.com

not much info on this stuff from US websites, it's rather difficult to find about energy exports, etc.

along with the basic laws of supply and demand you have to factor in commodities trading and the fact that cumulative inflation since 1967 is roughly 200%.

current CPI index is 678
1967 CPI index is 226

((678 - 226) / 226) x 100 = 200

the US is exporting gas and other fuels to the world market to sell to the highest bidder. this is why it matters not how much oil is extracted from the US, those company's are going to sell it to the highest bidder. anybody that thinks big oil gives a shit about what we pay at the pump is crazy, profits and dividends on stocks is all that matters. the past 30 years is all the proof that is needed about how much US large firms care about US workers, it's not their problem.

Gas, other fuels top US exports for first time - The China Post

"The most obvious downside to America's growing role as a fuel exporter is higher domestic prices. The more fuel that's sent overseas, the less of a supply cushion there is at home."

Gas, Diesel, Jet Fuel are Top U.S. Exports - Truckinginfo.com

not much info on this stuff from US websites, it's rather difficult to find about energy exports, etc.

along with the basic laws of supply and demand you have to factor in commodities trading and the fact that cumulative inflation since 1967 is roughly 200%.

current CPI index is 678
1967 CPI index is 226

((678 - 226) / 226) x 100 = 200

Typical, you just ignore any ctiticism of your argument because it is not convenient. Every company sells to the highest bidder, holy shit is that a surprise?!? Do you think semi-conductor companies sell domestically in Asia if they can make more money in the the US and Europe, no they export. The purpose of going into business is to make money; if any of you missed that on day one of management class I'm sorry but it is the ultimate driving force. If there is no money to be made, there is no reason for the business unless you are the government who just prints it, that is its own fiasco.

You are so FUCKING retarded!!!!! You don't understand a damn thing about how industry works at all. Does that take into account the raw material suppliers, miners, coating companies, diagnostic testing companies and NDT suppliers, TRAVEL AGENTS, customs agents, shipping, trucking, the list goes on. If you cannot grasp that the reason the places like MI, IN, OH were hit so hard by the auto industry turn down they were a massive amount of jobs not directly related that were lost. Machine shops are a classic example, oh yeah I went there to visit many so I know what I am talking about so save me any BS you claim you know. LAM, if you actually worked in an industry besides your short stint in finance and commercial lending, you might learn how real industry works and understand why people in ND working at McDonald's now make $15/hr with full benefits. So yes, say the oil industry employs no one to anyone in the shale play areas in the US who now have jobs when they didn't for years, see what the 711 owner says now that his sales have quadruppled over night.

You probably think the Keystone pipeline getting shut down was a good idea don't you? All pro-union you are, you should have been sucking the union job cock for that one, 20K more jobs directly created by the oil industry, guess your number might have been 20K off if our President wasn't a coward who pandered to a minority of his progressive base.

relax, take some valium...you act as if you were harmed personally.

I have worked in numerous industry's ranging from the service sector in food , residential construction, IT and banking so trust me I am more well rounded than you think and a lot more than most.

total employment in that industry is about 8M or just under 5% of the total US labor force per the PWCC's own document from 2009 below.

and while I do feel for the people in areas that have been hit by unemployment this stuff is nothing new, maybe for you it is but depending on what metro area you have lived in the job situation has been bad for well over 2 decades in certain places and work sector.

and once again you aren't looking at the whole picture just what concerns you. the US home ownership rate at just under 68% along with the fact that almost 25% of US mortgages are upside down. so regardless many people can not just UP and move.

If there is no money to be made, there is no reason for the business unless you are the government who just prints it, that is its own fiasco.

that's called making a point, that it doesn't matter how much oil is extracted from the US it will never be cheap as it once was. there is no going back in time to a point when things were less expensive as you always have to adjust the price of goods and services for sale on the open market for inflation of the USD.

also you should try actually learning about the relationship between the central bank & US government because the executive branch has no say over how much money the central bank prints. right at the top of each bill it says right there "A Federal Reserve Note". the central bank does not report to the US government it reports to the Financial Stability Board (FSB) / Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in Switzerland who hands out instructions to all the central banks. the central bank only "helps" the US fed gov by default since the fed gov guarantees a variety of financial transactions, etc. that are functions of the financial services market thanks to about a 100 yeas of lobbying. the financial sectors makes all the profits while the banks have shifted the risk onto the fed government.

You think I don't know what the federal reserve is? Wow, for a smart guy you sure think some dumb things. That is up there with how we should have had an even bigger stimulus package and pack on more debt right all while growing the government? That is your idea right, the pure Keynsian economic model that failed Europe but the US will get right, correct?

You avoided the whole point of my argument which is the energy industry is a massive job creator and driving force in this country, it stretches so far you have no understanding or you just flat out refuse to listen to those who actually work in it. To some extent I get it, if I lived in Vegas where it is not even on the radar I could see how you miss things like that. Come to the gulf coast and see how long the fingers extend. No one said it was going to be $30 oil again, there wouldn't be an industry at that price, but it can be $60-70 and everybody wins at that price. I feel like I am talking to the wall, as always you conveniently misconstrue things to suit your argument; you are the perfect liberal (insert Al Gore global warming reference here).

relax, take some valium...you act as if you were harmed personally.

I have worked in numerous industry's ranging from the service sector in food , residential construction, IT and banking so trust me I am more well rounded than you think and a lot more than most.

total employment in that industry is about 8M or just under 5% of the total US labor force per the PWCC's own document from 2009 below.

and while I do feel for the people in areas that have been hit by unemployment this stuff is nothing new, maybe for you it is but depending on what metro area you have lived in the job situation has been bad for well over 2 decades in certain places and work sector.

and once again you aren't looking at the whole picture just what concerns you. the US home ownership rate at just under 68% along with the fact that almost 25% of US mortgages are upside down. so regardless many people can not just UP and move.

Misinformation and bad information construed as facts irritates me, the messenger is just that, can be anyone. You bring in home ownership like it is remotely relevant which it has not once been brought up. If you think that new industry that is not service related will not help depressed areas, again I site all the oil shale plays now. Those are horribly poor areas, especially those in the rust belt, and now they are thriving all around as the industries even remotely related are generating well paying jobs. People need to stop demonizing certain industries because of some BS they hear on the news. I know you don't go off that but sometimes you sure make the same argument I would hear on MSNBC or CNN.:hmmm:

You think I don't know what the federal reserve is? Wow, for a smart guy you sure think some dumb things. That is up there with how we should have had an even bigger stimulus package and pack on more debt right all while growing the government? That is your idea right, the pure Keynsian economic model that failed Europe but the US will get right, correct?

You avoided the whole point of my argument which is the energy industry is a massive job creator and driving force in this country, it stretches so far you have no understanding or you just flat out refuse to listen to those who actually work in it. To some extent I get it, if I lived in Vegas where it is not even on the radar I could see how you miss things like that. Come to the gulf coast and see how long the fingers extend. No one said it was going to be $30 oil again, there wouldn't be an industry at that price, but it can be $60-70 and everybody wins at that price. I feel like I am talking to the wall, as always you conveniently misconstrue things to suit your argument; you are the perfect liberal (insert Al Gore global warming reference here).
Lam
5493340l6mo.gif
:coffee:

Back