NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Training splits

Thread: Training splits

Rep Points

Training splits

I've always thought back & bi's go together as do chest and tri's but most of the advice in these forums suggest chest/bi's and shoulder/traps/tri's. is this written in stone?

Tat2d Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I don't think so. I am sure you will get a ton of different views, but I think it is different for everyone. When I was setting up my schedule...I went through several different ones before I found what worked best for me.
    Buff_tat2d_chic
    ~health and fitness are a lifestyle~

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I've always thought back & bi's go together as do chest and tri's but most of the advice in these forums suggest chest/bi's and shoulder/traps/tri's. is this written in stone?
    Nothing is set in stone. It is just a matter of preference. Try a couple of different spilts and find out which one you like the best and which one works the best for you. Some people find it difficult to work their tri's after chest because the tri's play such a major role in the chest w/o that they may be to fatigued to get a good tri w/o so they do bi's instead (and vice versa for working back and bi's). Other people will do their bi's with their delts. I like to have a seperate day for each muscle group. If you like chest/tri's then stick with it. But if you have never tried anything else give some other pairings a try.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's all about personal preferences...what works for you. I find training back and bis and chest and tros allows for better recovery time but you will find you are not as strong due to pre-exhaustion of the smaller muscle groups.

Lately I've been doing bis and back and tris with chest....I like the fact that I already have a good pump in those muscles and don't need as much volume to get growth. I did find it took time to develop strength though....once again give it a try and be true...allow yourself enough time to adjust to the new workouts before you make a decision.
    Searching for the right balance...

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

yeah, what they said!

I used to do chest/tris and back/bis then I switched to chest/bis and back/tris just because it's hard to work your tris after a chest work-out as well as your bis after a back work-out.

You can also work bis & tris on a separate day if you want.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I think all three varieties are good...try them all...I like to do 6 week cycles or so...good to change everything on a regular basis anyway. Keeps the body guessing and adds change and variety to your workouts too.
    Searching for the right balance...