• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Possible infection, help?

LoveToLiftBig

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So I wake up this morning, look in the mirror and I have a little bit of redness around the tricep area (where I pinned sunday) of where I injected, it's a little warm to touch, and soar just like pip. I'm just gone onto my second week of my second cycle and I dunno what to do. I dunno how this is possible because I always use sterile injection techniques :/

Any help is much appreciated guys, thanks.

i would get some antibiotics bro if you get a fever its prob a infection not something to really wait and see what happens typ of thing good luck

I almost always get this in my left tri and never in my right. The redness will sometime spread to the bottom of my bi, it takes about three days to dissapate. IDK why this happens, prob too much oil and the body's natty defenses kick in. Keep an eye on it in case it gets worse ie; fever.

i would get some antibiotics bro if you get a fever its prob a infection not something to really wait and see what happens typ of thing good luck

I don't even know what antibiotics to get :/

I almost always get this in my left tri and never in my right. The redness will sometime spread to the bottom of my bi, it takes about three days to dissapate. IDK why this happens, prob too much oil and the body's natty defenses kick in. Keep an eye on it in case it gets worse ie; fever.

This sounds like some relief, I'm on the third day since injection now, or do you mean the third day since seeing the redness? It's just like a little circle of red about and inch to and inch & a half in diameter. It's not that painful, it's just like serious pip, also there is a little bit of swelling, nothing too much, just the lateral head looks a little bigger kind of :/

How serious is this brahs and how early do i need to catch it before it seriously fucks me up?

One more thing, if I do need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics will i need to come off my gear? I'm a week into it already

Last edited:
Cephalexin 500mg is what you should have on hand. If the spot grows/spreads radially outward, if you see a skip lesion, run a fever, the color is dark red or almost purplish, very swollen, tender and hot to the touch take the antibiotic twice a day for 10 days with ibuprofen. By 3 days if you do not see improvement seek medical attention ASAP!

However if you are just not sure about it you should just go to the doctor.

Cephalexin 500mg is what you should have on hand. If the spot grows/spreads radially outward, if you see a skip lesion, run a fever, the color is dark red or almost purplish, very swollen, tender and hot to the touch take the antibiotic twice a day for 10 days with ibuprofen. By 3 days if you do not see improvement seek medical attention ASAP!

However if you are just not sure about it you should just go to the doctor.

Well I've just booked an appointment or the doctor tomorrow morning, its not purple, its just red. I know the doctor is going to tell me to come off the gear most likely, but if I am taking antibiotics will it be neccassary to come off, like the antis won't work or something or can i stay on because im on my second week of cycle and will have to order my pct etc if i do :/

thnks for the help brahs

Antibiotics will not be impacted by anabolics. A few weeks back I had cellulitis in my ankle. Prescribed a course of Cephalexin and it went away. I am on TRT.

Antibiotics will not be impacted by anabolics. A few weeks back I had cellulitis in my ankle. Prescribed a course of Cephalexin and it went away. I am on TRT.

Ok so I can continue my cycle, even if doc says your gonna have to get off the gear, just wanted to know in case he trys to fool me or something

Do you guys agree with this article on an infection?

Should I start to try drain it myself?

TESTOSTERONE NATION | Injection Pain: What to Know, What to Do! - Page 1

"So, back to the beginning, if it is the 3rd day, and you are beginning to develop the symptoms I discussed �?? the pitting edema, and the swelling and pain along with HEAT at the site of injection that is not subsiding, then you pretty much can surmise that you have yourself an abscess. " ??

So basically i have an abscess?

Should I start to try drain it myself?

TESTOSTERONE NATION | Injection Pain: What to Know, What to Do! - Page 1

"So, back to the beginning, if it is the 3rd day, and you are beginning to develop the symptoms I discussed �?? the pitting edema, and the swelling and pain along with HEAT at the site of injection that is not subsiding, then you pretty much can surmise that you have yourself an abscess. " ??

So basically i have an abscess?

Absolutley do not attempt that. You are not even sure yet exactly what the problem is. You may have an infection, or it may be that the oil did not deposit deep enough into muscle tissue.

Just wait to see what the doctor says.

IML Gear Cream!
Go see a doctor, don`t mess around with this stuff. Sounds infected.

Absolutley do not attempt that. You are not even sure yet exactly what the problem is. You may have an infection, or it may be that the oil did not deposit deep enough into muscle tissue.

Just wait to see what the doctor says.

Ok gotcha bud, I'll be in the doctors in 14 hours anyway, how worse could it get?

It's only day 3 since the injection could it get so bad that I need to get cut open in 4 days?

Sounds like you missed on your injection. I had something similar happen to me with my left quad. Felt like the oil moved up to the SubQ and down my leg to my lower quad. It was horrible, I was gimping all over the place for a few days. Then it went away. Area was "swollen" and tender, but manageable when trying to message it out. Went away in a few days like Tommygunz stated...

I had this a few weeks back on both tri's. Stayed red/painful for 4-5 days then went away on its own. Guess I didn't pin deep enough.

I had this a few weeks back on both tri's. Stayed red/painful for 4-5 days then went away on its own. Guess I didn't pin deep enough.

Thats good to hear (on my part, not yours).

Made me feel a little better, will the doc be able to tell that its not an infection as opposed to it is?

You can by yourself. If it's an abscess it'll will only get worse 72h after the injection.

Last edited:
I'm going through the same thing in my left quad. About two days ago had similar symptoms, the limping around, today still swollen but pain going away along with redness. I too think I didn't go deep enough, was in a hurry and injected to fast and am paying the consequences. A little trip to the doc is always safe and while you there might as well go ahead and get some antibiotics for "emergency" purposes. Hope it clears up.

You can by yourself. If it's an abscess it'll will only get worse 72h after the injection.

So it should feel a little better tomorrow morning, if not i have an abscess and probably have to get cut open? FUCK FUCK FUCK

I'm going through the same thing in my left quad. About two days ago had similar symptoms, the limping around, today still swollen but pain going away along with redness. I too think I didn't go deep enough, was in a hurry and injected to fast and am paying the consequences. A little trip to the doc is always safe and while you there might as well go ahead and get some antibiotics for "emergency" purposes. Hope it clears up.

same bud, I just don't need this shit atm, so annoying. yeah I'm gonna ask for some antibiotics or something, i just want this shit to clear and get on with my cycle/lifting :/

So it should feel a little better tomorrow morning, if not i have an abscess and probably have to get cut open? FUCK FUCK FUCK
Dude just go see a doctor to be safe, they will give you antibiotics and it will clear up.

Dude just go see a doctor to be safe, they will give you antibiotics and it will clear up.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning so I will be seeing him then, I will report back with result and what he says. Just hope for the best and pray they don't have to cut me up

IML Gear Cream!
This happens to me one out of every three shots, no matter which lab I run. It's happened to me on 4 different labs now, and I always pin my tri's. You either didn't go deep enough into the muscle, you missed the muscle or your body is having an allergic reaction. It doesn't even phase me anymore, and it's just something I've learned to live with.

My tri will get sore the next day, and I will massage my injection site in a hot shower for about 5 minutes. Yea, it hurts to touch it, but the pain is gone in 48 hours tops.

Good luck bro, and tell your doctor you pinned vitamin b12. Lol.

That's the classic excuse, I used that one the one time I had a problem and the doctor lectured me on how dangerous injecting was.

That's the classic excuse, I used that one the one time I had a problem and the doctor lectured me on how dangerous injecting was.

It beats telling them your on gear. Even though my Dr. Does not believe me when I say I'm not in juice, he can't put in his little notes that I ever admitted it! Haha.

you should always have you PCT on hand before you start a cycle bro, I seen you said something up above that you would have to order your pct stuff if the doc told you to stop the cycle. Had to say it.

This happens to me one out of every three shots, no matter which lab I run. It's happened to me on 4 different labs now, and I always pin my tri's. You either didn't go deep enough into the muscle, you missed the muscle or your body is having an allergic reaction. It doesn't even phase me anymore, and it's just something I've learned to live with.

My tri will get sore the next day, and I will massage my injection site in a hot shower for about 5 minutes. Yea, it hurts to touch it, but the pain is gone in 48 hours tops.

Thanks bud, it's actually pretty much gone this morning, well the red and the heat is but the pip isn't and I have the doctors appointment in like 2 hours, should i tell him to look at it anyway?

Also why shouldn't I tell him I'm using gear?

If he asks why am I injecting vitamin b12 what will I say?

you should always have you PCT on hand before you start a cycle bro, I seen you said something up above that you would have to order your pct stuff if the doc told you to stop the cycle. Had to say it.

I do have my PCT on hand but I'm just saying I can tell the doc that or something

your FINE! i get it all the time depending on what im pinning. if done delta injections that have swelled, was hot, and red and even days later, the swelling, heat and redness moved down to my forearms! could possibly be just to much BA in the oil..get some grapeseed oil if it keeps hurting.

you are fine..settle

your FINE! i get it all the time depending on what im pinning. if done delta injections that have swelled, was hot, and red and even days later, the swelling, heat and redness moved down to my forearms! could possibly be just to much BA in the oil..get some grapeseed oil if it keeps hurting.

you are fine..settle

Yeah I think I panicked a little considering its just the first time its happened. I think it may possibly have not pinning deep enough.

what can i tell the doc if he asks, why am I pinning vitamin b12?

for energy! once you at it, tell him you cant sleep or you under pressure at work, need something to relax, get something for the next Tren cycle! hahahahahahahahahaha!

Yeah I think I panicked a little considering its just the first time its happened. I think it may possibly have not pinning deep enough.

Well it says you live in Ireland, and I don't know the laws there, but it's very illegal to use AAS in the states w/out a prescription. Not to mention you don't want any report of gear on your medical records. There is nothing illegal about injecting b12, so this is the way you could can be honest about having an infection from injecting a vitamin as apposed to AAS. Why did you inject b12? You like the energy boost it gives you!

Well it says you live in Ireland, and I don't know the laws there, but it's very illegal to use AAS in the states w/out a prescription. Not to mention you don't want any report of gear on your medical records. There is nothing illegal about injecting b12, so this is the way you could can be honest about having an infection from injecting a vitamin as apposed to AAS. Why did you inject b12? You like the energy boost it gives you!

Well I've been to the doctor, I woke up this morning and it feels a little better, the redness is back a little know. The doctor said he doesn't think it is an infection it could be just a reaction, if it gets worse come back.

Oh and basically I had the discussion abouit gear use, its not too illegal here its only class C I think. As for the medical record he wrote on it, "had discussion about use of anabolic steroids and there side effects, seems to have taken it on board". I stated that I didn't exactly want it on my record or that it won't look good and he said he will just write that ^

Back