• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

fire hose carry

dirtwarrior

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
At my gym I started a new exercise. Carry a 60# part of a fire hose around the track.
I made it around about twice and the front of my shins started hurting. It felt like shin splints but I am sure it is not since I was walking instead of running.

I stopped and tried stretching but there is no muscle there. So what can I do to continue this exercise without pain?

You got shin splints man. Get some Dixie cups dill them with water and freeze them, pull on out and rip off a little of the cup at a time exposing the ice, rub down your shins...will help with inflammation

Your calves are probably tight. Tight calves pull the toe down, and you wind up overusing the tibialis anterior (I think that's its name) on the front of your shin. Make a mental effort to relax your ankle when lifting your foot up from behind you. Also, if you land on your heel on your leading foot, it "slaps" the front of your foot down, which yanks hard on the tibialis again, which amounts to a whole lot of eccentrics as it resists lengthening. I'm guessing the added weight triggered a stability response in your ankles, and the muscles were just tighter than usual to keep you steady. Relaxing the ankle consciously will help, and you could try some exercises for the tibialis. Lift a kettlebell with the toe of each foot, with high (like 50) reps for a few weeks. Eventually the tibialis will be strong enough to overpower the resistance from the calf muscle being tight, and the soreness will go away.

Back