• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Got Shoulder Pain?

Will Brink

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
A few thoughts on shoulder pain

Aches and pains are very common to athletes and people who exercise regularly and the shoulders are a common area for chronic aches and pains. Some times the pain is due to a specific injury which needs to be diagnosed and treated by a medical professional.

However, much of the time the aches and pain in the shoulders are due to muscle imbalances in the rotator cuff muscles, which can be stretched and or strengthened to both improve function and reduce pain.

One simple gizmo I have found very helpful is called The Rotater. It’s a simple yet effective method of both stretching and strengthening the rotator cuff muscles.

The Rotater can be used to strengthen the shoulders, improve function, reduce pain, and so forth, my vid/write up on it:

Curing Shoulder Pain

A regular schedule of strengthening and stretching the rotator cuff muscles can go a long way (eg, "pre hab") to avoiding injuries. If having ongoing pain, best to consult a medical professional on that. I recommend a Physiatrist, a lesser known profession where rehab is stressed:

http://www.aapmr.org/patients/aboutpmr/pages/physiatrist.aspx

A lot of orthopedic types seem to want to make holes in people first, ask questions later. Not all, but I find they recommend surgery faster than seems warranted. Physiatrist's are rehab docs, and if you find one specializing in sports related injuries, can be very helpful.

As a rule, shoulder issues with weight training are caused by over use syndromes, too much pressing combined with not enough pulling (causing imbalances), excess volume, and other possible factors. Tight, and or weak/unbalanced rotator cuff muscles are also one possible cause for sure.

Many find ART (Active Release Technique) quite helpful for shoulder pain, and although it hurts (in a "good hurt" kinda way...) it brings some serious relief for some. Various PTs, chyropractors, are ART certified.

Back