• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Controlling Sugar Intake

Gunzz160

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am currently eating a pretty clean diet but I am looking at tightening up my diet even more. My main problem is controlling the amount and types of sugar. I want to maintain enough sugar in my diet because I am in college and need my brain to function. I have a tendency to not fire on all cylinders when I don't get enough sugar:thinking:

So I know I need sugar but if I am looking at eating only "good" sugar what types should I be ingesting, what types to avoid? What should my daily total in grams be to cut some fat? Thanks

I am currently eating a pretty clean diet but I am looking at tightening up my diet even more. My main problem is controlling the amount and types of sugar. I want to maintain enough sugar in my diet because I am in college and need my brain to function. I have a tendency to not fire on all cylinders when I don't get enough sugar:thinking:

Electricity To Your Brain

Glucose is the electricity to your brain. Without enough glucose, you are definitely not going to "fire on all cylinders."

Carbohydrate Intake

For your brain to function, you need to have an intake of 100-150 gram of carbohydrates a day.

Gluconeogenesis

If you diet is low in carbohydrates, you will convert protein to glucoses.

Low Carbohydrate, High Protein

Dropping your carbohydrates low means you have to increase your protein intake.

That because protein is use for fuel, as well as muscle repair.

Three Day Rule

When going on a low carbohydrate diet, it takes about three days for your body to "retool" and turn protein into glucose.

During that three day period, you are usually in a fog.

So I know I need sugar but if I am looking at eating only "good" sugar what types should I be ingesting, what types to avoid? What should my daily total in grams be to cut some fat? Thanks

Too Much Sugar

The real problem is Quanity rather that Quality.

Consuming a little sugar isn't harmful. In fact, consuming high glycemic index foods at certain times provide an anabolic enviroment that grows muscle.

Type of Sugar To Avoid

It is more of a matter of knowing when to ingest high glycemic index carbohydrates and when to avoid them.

Low Carbohydratres = Low Testosterone

Research indicates that testosterone production flourishes best when with a 2:1 Carbohydrate to Protein mix.

Solution

Thus, what you want to do is control your carbohydrate intake so as to maximize fat loss and muscle gain while minimizing fat gain and muscle loss.

T NATION | Research-Approved Carb Cycling

Carbohydrate cycling appears to be one of the most effective solutions.

Kenny Croxdale

I recommend reading labels and staying away from High Fructose Corn Syrup. HFCS is metabolized to fat in your body far more rapidly than any other sugar. Also, because most fructose is consumed in liquid form, its negative metabolic effects are significantly magnified. Whereas the glucose in other sugars is used by your body and is converted to blood glucose, fructose is a relatively unregulated source of fuel that your liver converts to fat and cholesterol.

Thanks for the info. I have never heard of Gluconeogenesis and the process of converting protein to glucose.

I have always added about 20-30 grams of dextrose and maltodextrose to my post workout protein shake. I have heard it help transport protein/allow cells quicker access to protein while creating an increased anabolic state. I have had good mass and strength gains doing this. Plus if I don't I can feel my blood sugar dip after my workout.

Just to clarify: 2 grams of protein:1 gram of carbohydrate...Or vise versa.

Repped!:winkfinger:

Back