• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Jon Hamm: ???Whether it???s Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian, stupidity is certainly celeb

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
'Mad Men' actor says our culture rewards reality TV stars for being 'f-ing idiots'

Oh, Jon, tell us how you really feel.

Jon Hamm is joining fellow no-nonsense Hollywood stud Daniel Craig in bashing two of reality TV???s most famous faces: Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.

???We???re at a place where the idea of being ???elite??? is somehow considered negative,??? he tells the April issue of Elle UK. ???Whether it???s Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated.???

The ???Mad Men??? actor added that these days, ???being a f???ing idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you???re rewarded significantly. ... It???s celebrated. It doesn???t make sense to me."

Last November, Craig also opened fire on the Kardashian clan, calling them ???f???ing idiots??? who had made a fortune from doing nothing.

???Look at the Kardashians, they???re worth millions. I don???t think they were badly off to begin with, but now look at them,??? Craig told Britain???s GQ at the time. ???You see that and you think, ???What, you mean all I have to do is behave like a f???ing idiot on television and then you???ll pay me millions???????

Actor Jonah Hill added his own two cents back in December, expressing his frustration at the reality TV trend to the Huffington Post.

???The truth of it is, I have friends who work in TV and the Kardashians get higher ratings than their TV shows - shows that people actually work hard on - writing and creating and trying to tell stories."

Hamm, 40, who plays ad executive Don Draper on his award-winning AMC show, also noted that female figures in today???s media are feeding into a warped image of what ???beauty??? is.

???I think Christina Hendricks is a beautiful woman, but we live in a culture where the beauty model is significantly different from Christina???s silhouette,??? he said when asked if ???Mad Men??? had altered America's concept of body image.

???Those of us that have lived with and actually seen a real woman naked and made love realize there are many, many [types].???

Read more: Jon Hamm:

Kim Kar-ugly-on has nothing but her fathers fame and his money to help out.

Paris Hilton has very little talent (even at being a human being) but she got "famous" by that little slip (I think it was on purpose) of her sex tapes being "stolen" and put on the net.

further proof that the US is devolving in terms of intelligence. I can not grasp the concept of idolizing a person that has no discernible skills but then again I have never been one to be intrigued by celebrity. I do not subscribe to the practice of putting people up on a pedestal for any thing.

So much damn truth in this thread. Hamm and Craig are decent actors who seem to mostly stay away from the trend of stupid celebrity. They're just actors who act, and they realize that.

The Kardashian girl (and Paris Hilton, as hypno mentioned above) got "famous" from a sex tape being released. Really, someone banging you is enough to get a girl famous these days?

Goddammit America, this is part of the reason why our nation is in such shit... people actually actively devoting attention to these stupid sluts, instead of things of real importance.

further proof that the US is devolving in terms of intelligence. I can not grasp the concept of idolizing a person that has no discernible skills but then again I have never been one to be intrigued by celebrity. I do not subscribe to the practice of putting people up on a pedestal for any thing.

I do, except it's only reserved for people of honor, intelligence, and virtue who strive to do everyone good. Such people are extremely rare (you'll meet only 1-2 in your lifetime), but it's worth taking notes and striving to learn from them, IMO.

My grandpa comes to mind. True man, honest fella.

I agree with the rest of your post though, would have repped it twice if I could.

Back