• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

First (serum) Testosterone Blood Test

Poseidon

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Followed the guidelines for blood testing per this thread...
Cheap Bloodwork - How to Get It WITHOUT Insurance

Took the $50 blood test (purchased via the PrivateMD website, and taken at a LabCorp facility) to check my baseline testosterone levels. Never had my serum testosterone checked before.

I did not test for IGF-1, Free Test, Lipids, or SHBG. I just wanted to check the liver levels, FSH, LH, estradiol, and serum testosterone in order to get some baseline tests out of the way beforehand over the next year or so to establish a pattern in my levels before I get on cycle... at which point I will do the full-spectrum testing, which will probably cost over $200 for all the specific labs.

Had to fast 12 hours beforehand. I got to the test center at 9am, after being awake for 2 hours and not eating. Remembered to bring the paper that PrivateMD emailed me to bring to the LabCorp as proof of payment/ordered tests.

Only one car, so had to drive through rough traffic and drop the GF off at work and then find the LabCorp. I was a walk-in... waited about 30 mins and I could FEEL the stress building up from not eating and dealing with the last-minute searching for the fucking test center.

That stress cannot be good for an accurate testosterone reading? It would certainly affect cortisol, but does anyone know if it would impact testosterone? I'll know my results tomorrow via email.

Good job bro.....next time less stress because you know where the lab is at.....

Good job bro.....next time less stress because you know where the lab is at.....

lol ^^^^^^^^^ tru........ Yeah man relax i don't think stress will effect your test like that, could jack up your bp , hr stuff like ...so did you get the results you wanted they usually get back to ya in 24 hours time.

Not yet. Should have been emailed by now, but probably sometime today. I read people's posts about the ”free” testosterone, and I know that's what you need for muscle gains, so I'm kind of bummed I didn't get that done. But without health insurance it would probably cost me $150. The serum testosterone with all the other numbers cost $50, so I'll just deal with it for now.

Results are in

Everything seems good to go, which is to be expected since I don't abuse alcohol or other substances. Never been on cycle either.

On a Serum testosterone scale of 348-1197, I'm in the 600's. Guess I'm normal after all.

Of note: took the test at 9am. I hear most people say that the test reference value is given for tests between 8-8:30am.

Both LH and FSH are in normal range.

Estradiol is right about in the middle of the reference range, so that's normal too.

BUN is just above normal, but probably because I eat between 250-315g protein/day. (this is the indicator of kidney function. GOOD INFO HERE. I always drink a lot of water, so I think that's why I'm still healthy. I will start drinking more water.

Creatinine is in the normal range. I know this is increased in the hours after workouts when your muscles release creatinine to signal the start of muscle repair, because I was tested for creatinine once before after a workout and the doc told me it was high... but I purposely did not workout the day before yesterday's blood test for this reason. I stopped taking creatine one week before the test. I know they aren't the same thing, but I also think I've heard that creatine can affect creatinine levels and I've read that it takes roughly 3-4 weeks for supplemental creatine (saturation) to leave your system completely.

EDIT: I did not take tribulus for several days before the test. Did not drink sodas or artificial shit before the test. I know these probably wouldn't affect much, but I was just going into the test clean as possible.

Any thoughts? :shooter:

Last edited:
You seem healthy. How old are you? What are your goals?

If you are not a professional athlete or model, and don't make a living with your body, I wouldn't fuck with your hormones yet. Live your life, and be happy you are healthy.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

You seem healthy. How old are you? What are your goals?

If you are not a professional athlete or model, and don't make a living with your body, I wouldn't fuck with your hormones yet. Live your life, and be happy you are healthy.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the reply. I'm 30. I have been lifting 12 years, living the lifestyle, slowly gaining each year. Gained 55 lbs naturally in that time. Considering bodybuilding for a show, but only because I'm always in the gym anyway. While I have a decent frame, I am not disillusioned in becoming a pro bodybuilder.

I guess you could say I'm undecided because I want to have kids first. I know a lot of guys have kids even on cycle, but I'm not going that route. The reason I'm doing the blood tests is that I'd like to know my standard numbers before making that decision, that way if I do end up going on test I'll know what I need to do, especially PCT. Lifting and following the lifestyle is my passion that I'd like to step up a notch.

Does anyone think a 10 week cycle of test E with anti-aromatase and proper PCT would be harmful, given what you now know about me?

Any input is appreciated. This is not something I'm jumping into or rushing.

Last edited:
Does anyone think a 10 week cycle of test E with anti-aromatase and proper PCT would be harmful, given what you now know about me?

Hard to say, a lot of guys are doing it and recovering just fine.

It's a personal decision. No one here would fault you either way.

Thanks for the reply. I'm 30. I have been lifting 12 years, living the lifestyle, slowly gaining each year. Gai

.....ask 'heavyiron'.......at 30 yrs old..you should do 600 mgs...[6wks].800 mgs [6 wks till 8wks]..1000 mgs [8 wks till done].....maybe some d-bol & maybe a little tren-e......i know it sounds like a lot...

..........ask heavyiron....he's the man

^^^ thats a bit much for first cycle

Back