IronMag Research Chems

Getting lean and looking first cycle tips

Rep Points

Getting lean and looking first cycle tips

Getting ready to start my first cycle, since I'm a newbie I'm starting out with Halo Extreme just as it's outlined on IML site. I got some sound advice from Chris and Heavy Iron, but looking for a bit more feedback.

FIRST 4 WEEKS:
    Halo Extreme - 2 caps daily (1 cap taken two times daily)
    Anabolic-Matrix Rx - 2 caps daily
    Ultra Male Rx - 1 cap daily
    Advanced Cycle Support Rx - 2 caps daily

----------------------------------

LAST 4 WEEKS:
    Anabolic-Matrix Rx - 2 caps daily
    Ultra Male Rx - 1 cap daily
    Advanced Cycle Support Rx - 2 caps daily
    E-Control Rx - 3 caps daily (last 3 weeks)

Also taking 6 grams of fish oil.
    3-6 grams of Taurine
    Multi
    B-complex
    VitaminC
    5,000 Vit D3
    Whey Protein
    Got Creatine (probably won't use it on cycle)

Weight: 177
    Height: 5 ft 7

Body fat: 15%
    Training: 1 year consistently 4 days a week.
    Workouts: 4 day splits built around the big lifts. Currently going for hypertrophy 3 sets of 8 reps most exercises, with 90-120 seconds rest between sets. Usually do between 18-21 total sets.

Cardio: Almost none. Working 12 hours a day doesn't leave much time. I usually hit 10 miles of walking on my job, and that's all I can stand to be on my feet. After I get home I hit the gym, get my work out in, and the last thing I wanna do is any cardio. Should I add some in?

Diet: Follow a controlled carb approach with carb cycling, and bracket high carbs around my workouts. For the most part I average 150 carbs a day. Fat is kept under 100 grams, and protein at 1 gram per pound of body weight (170-180). Don't eat processed anything, except protein shakes. Only whole foods for me. Whole wheat pastas, oatmeal, sweet potatos, lean meats, brown rice, etc...

The only real thing that changes is my carb intake. On days I work (12 hrs a day), and work out I can burn up to 4,000 calories. On my days of work and the days I don't train I can burn as little as 2,800. I always adjust my carb intake based on my calorie burn. I don't put gas in my car when I don't drive it, and refuse add fuel to my body that I won't burn.

Currently running 20-25% calorie deficit, with a controlled refeed once a week to reset hormone levels. In the last 3 months been averaging .5 lbs of fat loss and about the same in muscle gain.

I've worked very hard losing 100 lbs, and even harder in the last year to pack on 20 lbs of muscle. I've gotten my body down to 15%, and am desperate to get down to 10% in the next three months and finally see those freaking abs that I haven't seen since my Marine Corps days. My diet is clean, and my work outs intense, so in combination with Halo is my goal attainable?

When doing Halo, is my appetite likely to increase? Should I continue to eat in a deficit while on Halo?

I'm thinking of jacking my protein up to 2 grams lb lbm. Good idea?
    How much should I up carbs, if any?

Also, I've read that many guys get lethargic? What's the best way to combat this? (Don't say lots of coffee). LOL

If you have any great advice for a first time user I'd like to hear it. My mind is a sponge.

I've been doing lots of reading on the forums, but if you want to point me to some of your favorite threads it would be appreciated. I know I could probably find all my answers on the web, and I have for the most part.

However, the one thing I like about being part of a community like this is to hear and share in real world experiences. I know many of you guys get tired of repeating yourself to us newbies. I can appreciate that, I've helped 1,000's of people on other forums lose weight, and get a little tired of repeating myself too. So if you don't want to chime in, I can respect that.

Just wish me luck then.

Last Question: What can I expect the first day and first few days energy wise? Will this hit me right away, or will it take a week to kick in? I understand everybody is different; I'm not in any hurry, just wondering what others experiences have been.

Thanks...

Terry
    Last edited by Init4me; 03-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Rep Points

Decided to hold 15-20 percent calorie deficit. Still going to up protein, and bump carbs a little.

Rep Points

get the BF doen to 12 or less before starting any type of aas regimen.....
    http://www.blacklionresearch.com/
    hate it or love it....