• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

haertrate and calories burned?

Ghostnight

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey guys

Is there any set way to work out how many calories you burned during your cardio session using your heartrate and age?

When i do stationary bike for 20 min with a heart rate of 130bpm the machine reads i burnt 90 cals that session but on the treadmill for 20 min with a 130bpm heartrate it says i burnt over 200 cals.

Now both exercises is keeping my heartrate at 130bpm so why the big difference in cals burnt, which one is right?

I came across a few online calculators where you put in your age, cardio time and heartrate and they all give me a rough 200 cal reading, so is this the correct one?

Is there any set way to work out how many calories you burned during your cardio session using your heartrate and age?

Calories Burned

Any method you use is a "Ball Park" estimation. That means comes down to a guessing game, which is never good.

When i do stationary bike for 20 min with a heart rate of 130bpm the machine reads i burnt 90 cals that session but on the treadmill for 20 min with a 130bpm heartrate it says i burnt over 200 cals.

Overestimation of Calories Burned

Bike, Treadmill and Ellpiticals are inaccurate when it come to measuring the number of calories that you burn.

Not only that, research shows that the OVERESTIMATE the number of calories you burn.

That is one of the reasons overweight people who state they burn 1200 calories in their workout are still over weight.

Now both exercises is keeping my heartrate at 130bpm so why the big difference in cals burnt, which one is right?

I came across a few online calculators where you put in your age, cardio time and heartrate and they all give me a rough 200 cal reading, so is this the correct one?

Rough Reading

As you stated, it a rough "Ball Park" reading.

The Price Is Right

It's like guessing how much something is worth on the TV game show, The Price Is Right.

What's Important

The most important factor is you post workout metabolims, how elevated you "fat burning" remains for hours after your workout is over.

Interval Training

Pushing your heart rate for short periods above 75% of Heart Rate Max with intervals has demonstrated that you can burn up to 9 X more calories.

This is the real key to burning calories.

Kenny Croxdale

Back