• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Insulin spiking, in the morning?!

Fluid

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Do you agree or disagree that insulin should be spiked upon awakening from sleep? The body would be in such a state of catabolism and hypoglycemia that only ~20 simple carbohydrates would be required. Also, we all know that catabolism cannot fuck with insulin. Would it be beneficial to have 20 grams dextrose/maltodextrin and 20 grams of whey immediately upon wakeing up?

Fluid

I don't like to ever spike my insulin levels, even post work out. But I do know some people who, upon waking up drink a whey shake with some dextrose to help take them out of a possible catabolic state due to not eating for 8+ hours. Then they eat their regular meal 1-1.5hrs after the shake. I think it is up to you and your goals.

I've been questioning for a long time now in my head just how "catabolic" sleep actually is.

In fact, i'm quite doubting it is.

Albeit, you got a for several hours without eating, but saying you eat a short while before bed, and especially in a situation when you're bulking, the stomach will sill be doing it's job and the blood aminos will never really dip. Couple that with a slowed metabolism during nocturnal hours and hGH pulsing during REM, which promotes glycogen synthesis and fat burning, i'm doubting there will be much catabolism at all.

There may be some cortisol floating around the blood stream in the latter stages of sleep, but not enough to really cause significant catabolism. And myself and many others in my gym or over the net have done nicely without a morning shake. This is just my opinion based on research i've read, but i'd say just get on with normal eating. I know LAM practises something like that, and if you wanna give it a try then go for it.

If you're gonna do it while cutting then make sure you consider the calories in your daily totals.

I pretty much agree with what Rob has said. Most people that i know don't spike their insulin in the morning and get by just fine. I think the nocturnal catabolism has been very exaggerated, especially now with the stupid ass "night time release proteins." Just another fuckin Cell-Tech IMO.

I know that a insufficeint sleep results in elevated catabolism levels the throughout the next day. So I'm assuming that the body somehow avoids this if you get enough sleep?

Good post Chicken_Daddy, I don't really see it as necessary.

Fluid

Ah, insufficient anything can be bad. well, providing it's something that you actually need.

And call me Rob.

I've actually considered that before, but i like my current title too much to change it just yet.

how is your vision, have you checked with your doctor, maybe it is early signs of diabetes?

how is your vision, have you checked with your doctor, maybe it is early signs of diabetes?

huh??:confused:

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by Yanick
I pretty much agree with what Rob has said. Most people that i know don't spike their insulin in the morning and get by just fine. I think the nocturnal catabolism has been very exaggerated, especially now with the stupid ass "night time release proteins." Just another fuckin Cell-Tech IMO.

LMAO!

I grilled the Somnibol people on their night time product at the Arnold.

By the end, the guy admitted he didn't use it, didn't design it, and really had not a clue how iut worked except it was "scientifically designed."

Originally posted by Twin Peak
LMAO!

I grilled the Somnibol people on their night time product at the Arnold.

By the end, the guy admitted he didn't use it, didn't design it, and really had not a clue how it worked except it was "scientifically designed."

Yup, i remember reading your post on Avant. I was cracking up after, "Uh, cause its scientifically designed." LOL

Back