I'm predicting zombies everywhere by October

Rep Points

I'm predicting zombies everywhere by October

So, a few words to the wise. If you care to successfully prep yourself for this I've a few things you may wish to consider. Following the economical collapse which is sure to follow a swift zombien occupation it would go without saying that money will no longer serve any purpose during this time. But certain things which are now availiable for money will serve a GREAT purpose during said apocalypse. Get these things now while your money can still be used to obtain them. You need to buy certain survival items along with other items which will actually serve you well as trade fodder in order to get things that you need as you go. As far as items which will be used as trade currency during this time are concerned I strongly believe that gasoline will be the most valuable. It shall be refered to as "liquid gold" (I suspect). Stock up on this now. I have just begun filling my bedroom with full gas cans and believe that I will have over 500 gallons in reserve by October. Do not overly stock yourself with drinkable water; which will probably be referred to as "liquid silver" (I suppose). This will only weigh you down and, while valuable, will be more readily available than gasoline for some time after the takeover. Do build a supply of water; but most importantly arm yourself with the knowledge of where to locate viable sources of drinking water along with the know-how and materials necassary to disinfect water in order to make it drinkable.

Spend all of your money now as it will be worthless later. Obviously you will need weapons. It goes without saying that (while we still do not know who fast these cannibals will be able to move) you should only be moving around in groups of no less than 5 or 6 in the beginning, probably more if you plan on making your stand in the burbs or in the the city (which I cannot reccomend that you do). Take a group of 5 for instance. It would be nice if everybody could be armed with long and short range weapons but if this cannot be accomplished you need to make sure that there are at least two people armed with pistols for those unwanted close-range encounters. If somebody is of particularly bad aim and/or are young (12 or under) you may wish to consider arming them with a shotgun for those close encounters. While not as agile and fast to load and shoot as a pistol for short range fighting, anyobody can blow off a zombie head with a shotgun from 5 yards away. Just instruct little Billy to "aim high" and he should be able to get the job done in a fairly efficient fashion. Now some of these pump action shotguns do have a kick to them but your child is probably fat and should be able to handle the recoil pretty well. Im pretty sure that as a plump 11 year old or so I was firing a shotgun at clay targets without much trouble.

These are just some things I was considering during my morning run and figured Id share them with you. Good luck, and God bless.

McBain

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by njc View Post
    So, a few words to the wise. If you care to successfully prep yourself for this I've a few things you may wish to consider. Following the economical collapse which is sure to follow a swift zombien occupation it would go without saying that money will no longer serve any purpose during this time. But certain things which are now availiable for money will serve a GREAT purpose during said apocalypse. Get these things now while your money can still be used to obtain them. You need to buy certain survival items along with other items which will actually serve you well as trade fodder in order to get things that you need as you go. As far as items which will be used as trade currency during this time are concerned I strongly believe that gasoline will be the most valuable. It shall be refered to as "liquid gold" (I suspect). Stock up on this now. I have just begun filling my bedroom with full gas cans and believe that I will have over 500 gallons in reserve by October. Do not overly stock yourself with drinkable water; which will probably be referred to as "liquid silver" (I suppose). This will only weigh you down and, while valuable, will be more readily available than gasoline for some time after the takeover. Do build a supply of water; but most importantly arm yourself with the knowledge of where to locate viable sources of drinking water along with the know-how and materials necassary to disinfect water in order to make it drinkable.

Spend all of your money now as it will be worthless later. Obviously you will need weapons. It goes without saying that (while we still do not know who fast these cannibals will be able to move) you should only be moving around in groups of no less than 5 or 6 in the beginning, probably more if you plan on making your stand in the burbs or in the the city (which I cannot reccomend that you do). Take a group of 5 for instance. It would be nice if everybody could be armed with long and short range weapons but if this cannot be accomplished you need to make sure that there are at least two people armed with pistols for those unwanted close-range encounters. If somebody is of particularly bad aim and/or are young (12 or under) you may wish to consider arming them with a shotgun for those close encounters. While not as agile and fast to load and shoot as a pistol for short range fighting, anyobody can blow off a zombie head with a shotgun from 5 yards away. Just instruct little Billy to "aim high" and he should be able to get the job done in a fairly efficient fashion. Now some of these pump action shotguns do have a kick to them but your child is probably fat and should be able to handle the recoil pretty well. Im pretty sure that as a plump 11 year old or so I was firing a shotgun at clay targets without much trouble.

These are just some things I was considering during my morning run and figured Id share them with you. Good luck, and God bless.
    Of course, you do suggest having a bunker or farm with fences somewhere right? With lots of canned food?
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" -Jimi Hendrix
    Check out http://anabolicsteroidforums.com !

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

I've got guns and ammo. Adding more all the time. Before the end of the year I will be acquiring a larger shotgun, a semi-auto rifle and probably a Glock of a fairly common caliber. Adding to the food stock all the time as well. Got a pond out back so that just means having to filter and disinfect water. The neighbors won't be much of a problem.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

I've got the munitions... XDm .40, 2 Ruger 9mm, 2 Springfield .45 GI editions, 1 completely custom built AR15, one waiting for a few parts, 2 different shotguns one of which I will not confirm nor deny might possibly be a semi auto with a 100 round drum mag... oh yes I forgot to mention I have 3 250 round drum mags for the 15's, I can get my hands on a Socom 16 if necessary... I also have 2 katanas for when the close range weapons run out and its time for some slice and dice...

The one thing I don't have besides family and a few close friends is allies... Anyone looking for someone who can help out? Lol

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

5 scientific reasons a Zombie infestation can happen.

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen | Cracked.com

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Brains.........

.45 ACP rules!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    Good like finding brains here.

CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

If you havent noticed yet but there are a ton of zombies already.

Rep Points

ive got my ar-15 ready

McBain

Rep Points

IM militia anyone?
    "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens" -Jimi Hendrix
    Check out http://anabolicsteroidforums.com !

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I've got my solar hot water system, a large barrel for rain catchment, pv system with batteries, 8 guard dogs, a citrus tree to avoid scurvy, a vegetable garden and plenty of seeds. For personal protection I have a few boxes of vinyl records, samurai sword set(the real kind made of folded layers and with actual hamon not the acid etched cheap shit), a nice chain link fence easily electrifiable, and an ocean 1/4 mile away full of fish. If this ever did have a chance if happening though Hawaii would be an awesome place to be, the chances of infection are much lower here and flights wouldn't be allowed to come here. It would be like an Eden in the middle of the Pacific...
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I got a shit ton of alcohol, Benadryl and Tylenol.

Fuck being zombie food...I'd rather just off myself
    ~RaZr~ is a fictional character. Everything stated is of "hypothetical" ideation and not to be taken seriously!

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by squigader View Post
    IM militia anyone?
    Can we have cool IM tats?

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ~RaZr~ View Post
    I got a shit ton of alcohol, Benadryl and Tylenol.

Fuck being zombie food...I'd rather just off myself
    Any good with a gun? I have a few you could choose from... make a stand then if all else fails I'll just give you a bottle of percocets and you won't feel shit after that and your booze

Bohemian Extraordinaire
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Oh and my chain saw with the extender pole, I'll commandeer a harley and a suit of armor, put Thirstin Howl 'Off With His Head' on repeat in the boom box strapped to the back and ride down the street removing zombie gullivers....
    Coarse edged youth, the irish pendants string from their smiles
    not yet plucked as to slacken the seams
    and drag down the features of age,
    no folds or creases from unkempt wear
    eyes of tranquilty, crystalline-beads
    no sign of despair in their hair, nor their hearts
    but oh they have yet to be experienced and that makes aging so very worth it...ML circa2012