• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Steak, Chicken and Burgers

JCBourne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
So i'm on a pretty strict diet, and watching my marcos closely and calories. So eating steak, chicken, steak, chicken, fish, etc etc gets old and really boring and makes me want to eat just crap so, I ask you. What special sauces or marinate do you use for your steak, chicken.

How do you make lean good burgers that aren't filled with fat?

Bulking and staying on a "clean" diet sucks! :mooh:

Mrs Dash makes a ton of seasoning varieties, adds a little different flavor to the same old shit.

For burgers, if you can find buffalo or bison burgers, they are usually lean. If not, 97% lean ground beef is good, but not much taste because of the low fat content. I mix mustard with it and it helps a bit, but its still pretty bland.

I like to mix an egg in with my lean beef when making burgers. It holds the beef together better and adds a little fat.

A chicken recipe I like is a pesto and mozz stuffed chicken breast.
-pound out chicken until it's about 1/4 inch thick
-spread pesto over chicken
-put a chunk of part skim mozz inside and roll chicken up like a burrito. use toothpicks to hold together. it usually takes about 4-5 and gets messy.
-dip this "ball" of chicken into egg and then into a bowl of bread crumbs, make sure to get a good coat.
-bake in a casserole dish for 20-30 min at 350 degrees.

one of my favorites

Spices Spices Spices. The way you spice your food says a lot about your meals. Just use variety in your spices and marinades. For chicken I like to do citrul lime chicken with fresh lemon and garlic with lime. Try that to start

Mrs Dash makes a ton of seasoning varieties, adds a little different flavor to the same old shit.

For burgers, if you can find buffalo or bison burgers, they are usually lean. If not, 97% lean ground beef is good, but not much taste because of the low fat content. I mix mustard with it and it helps a bit, but its still pretty bland.

McCormick just put out a bunch of sodium free Mrs Dash type seasonongs called Pinch or something like that.
Buffalo/Bison ground meat is available at Stop & Shop. You can also use a dry rub and grill meat for more flavoe. And a nice juicy pork chop every now and then won`t kill you. Just trim the fat.
I also marinate everything in olive oil. Beek I use a splash of bourbon with it.

I like to mix an egg in with my lean beef when making burgers. It holds the beef together better and adds a little fat.

A chicken recipe I like is a pesto and mozz stuffed chicken breast.
-pound out chicken until it's about 1/4 inch thick
-spread pesto over chicken
-put a chunk of part skim mozz inside and roll chicken up like a burrito. use toothpicks to hold together. it usually takes about 4-5 and gets messy.
-dip this "ball" of chicken into egg and then into a bowl of bread crumbs, make sure to get a good coat.
-bake in a casserole dish for 20-30 min at 350 degrees.

one of my favorites

I may try this tomorrow night, what other cheese taste good inside?

And since I'm logging the diet, you got the break-down of this dish? :)

Have to look for Mrs Dash. Cause I'm buying Costco size NY steaks and chicken tomorrow.

I may try this tomorrow night, what other cheese taste good inside?

And since I'm logging the diet, you got the break-down of this dish? :)

I'm out of town right now, but shoot me an email bout some more foods and a training plan. Email me on Sunday to remind me.

Will do brotha. What other cheeses would you put inside, or even what else besides cheese? My lady isn't much of a cheese gal but I like the idea of wrapping it up like a burrito.

I need to get me like a "AAS meal guide with yummy good stuff inside" book. :winkfinger:

Butter and garlic is good.

Cheddar by itself is good too.

IML Gear Cream!
Butter and garlic wrapped inside instead of the cheese?

I hear ya on needing more variety, you just need to find out what works for you.
I personally find it easier to eat most of the same foods for my first 4 meals, then eat a different dinner each night, but keep the macros the same. It's boring, but it works.

No, just butter and garlic.

Dude switch up your meat. You can easily add some fish to that. Salmon, Tilapia, Orange Ruffy...etc. Also if you have access to deer meat (Venison) it is excellent and extremely lean.

For burgers with lean meat, add in an egg per lb of meat. And I also like to add in some oats. If you can have carbs. Just a few. They help soak up the juice that would normally run out and make the burger moist and hold it together better.

Slop, I actually hate fish besides very limited types (tuna) so fish is kind of out of the picture.

Steak is hard sometimes.. Get a good lean cut. Filets are great but you can get strips and have the fat trimmed. I always coat mine with olive oil and cook them on the skillet or just season and grill them with Lawrys and worcestershire sauce. I personally don't like steak on the Foreman, but chicken and burgers taste great on the foreman.

Chicken breast can be cooked and made so many ways. I recently started cooking mine in the crock pot (bulk) with potatoes and carrots. You can get a nice teriyaki marinade as well. I cut up chicken into strips or pieces, coat with olive oil and then add a little teriyaki marinade, let sit then cook over the skillet or griddle. Or you can cook without marinade over skillet/griddle as well. Another way is to grill them. Shake and bake isn't bad or even crunching up french onion, and coat whole breast with egg white and french onion and bake. There are so many good and lean chicken recipes out there.

As far as ground beef, I get the leanest possible (ground round or ground sirloin, buffalo or ground turkey is great too) and cook multiple ways. Burgers are great, I always mix seasoning in the meat before making the patties, they cook better this way. If your making ground beef, you can cook over skillet in a little bit of water and rinse drain. After cooked you can do a lot with it. Sometimes I mix with lite chicken gumbo or just mix in with mixed veggies. Add to pasta or whatever you like.

Hope this helps, this is only a few of many, many ways to cook and prepare the meat portions of meals.

BBQ sauce isn't great for a person that's running a strict diet. Not sure how strict he is but I know BBQ sauce is no where close to being in my diet.

BBQ sauce isn't great for a person that's running a strict diet. Not sure how strict he is but I know BBQ sauce is no where close to being in my diet.

If you're not in the final weeks of a contest prep, I don't see any reason to be that restrictive. As surprising as this may sound, a little bit of sugar in your diet isn't going to kill you or ruin your gains.

IML Gear Cream!
He's actually doing a lean bulk, so he doesn't need to be very strict at this point.

Yeah sorry it's not "strict" as most would think, but to me it is. :roflmao:

I'm on a lean bulk, as phys88 said.

Yeah sorry it's not "strict" as most would think, but to me it is. :roflmao:

I'm on a lean bulk, as phys88 said.

So on a lean bulk, one cannot consume BBQ sauce? Sounds hardcore bro. You would think one would gauge a lean bulk by the improvement in muscle mass without excessive fat gain, not by the blandness of their diet.

So on a lean bulk, one cannot consume BBQ sauce? Sounds hardcore bro. You would think one would gauge a lean bulk by the improvement in muscle mass without excessive fat gain, not by the blandness of their diet.

he's allowed bar b q sauce, and other condiments, and even ice cream, as long as they fit into his macro allowance. I know because I wrote his diet for him.

I just count my sauces into my macro's for the day. We've had some nice weather for March here last week so I had an ice cream, just counted it in my macros. If your diet is clean, the odd bit of sauce or cheat meal once a week isn't going to hinder you at all really.

Eating bland, plain, boring food is a very quick way to start cheating on your diet on a regular basis.

The way you spice your food says a lot about your meals. Just use variety in your spices and marinades. For chicken I like to do citrul lime chicken with fresh lemon and garlic with lime.[FONT=宋体]
g.gif
[/FONT]

This thread has made me very hungry

I don't get why you are getting the bland taste from steak, chicken and burgers. Seasonings do help add variety but it could be that you are overcooking them.
I went from med well done steaks to med or medium rare and the difference in taste is quite noticeable for the better. Same goes with chicken & burgers. Also try boneless chicken thigh meat instead of breast meat. Higher fat content but much better tasting and also contains purines.

Overcooking your food as above is the easiest way to make it dull, bland and dry.

Back