• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

dextrose in grocery

shwaym

Junior Hess
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
what real food items could i get at a grocery for post workout, high glycemic index carbs...like dextose. instead of supplementing with it. i hate smarties BTW. would gatorade be good?

No gatorade is not good becuase it has sucrose. You want straight up dextrose. Smarties are good (yeah, Iknow you don't like them). Pixie stixs are dextrose I believe. Also those Dip Stick packts (you know where you have a stick of sugar that you lick and dip into three different flavored packets of sugar) are dextrose also.

If you don't like that stuff then don't use dextrose. Either eat a slowburning carb and forgo the insulin spike or eat high glycemic carbs to spike your insulin levels (like white rice, rice cakes, pasta, etc....).

Personally I think you'd be ok with most any type of high glycemic carb.....white rice, white pasta, potato, rice cakes...as mentionned by P-Funk.

Fiesta grocery stores here have boxes of pure dextros powder. They have a large international section.

If you have a grocery store that has a section like that look around in it.

ok thanks for the responses guys.
maybe ill crush up some smarties & put it in my shakes...how much should i use per serving of powder?
plus ill try to get more potatoes & white rice.

Thanks!

Look at the label on the smarties wrapper and see how many carbs/sugar there are per gram and decide on how much you want/need post work out. It is pretty much up in the air. Some people say don't take more that 25g of carbs post w/o, others will take up to 100g. It all depends on your goals and needs.

i'm curious, why is dextrose considered so much better than other sugars? Why is sucrose bad?

post workout i've been using 50g whey protein and 100g carbs from glycoload from optimum - its ingredients are listed as dextrose, maltodextrin, fructose in that order. How does maltodextrin and fructose rank in terms of quality carbs for post-workout?

i've ordered pure dextrose from proteinfactory.com as well, waiting on that

Originally posted by freag34
i'm curious, why is dextrose considered so much better than other sugars? Why is sucrose bad?

post workout i've been using 50g whey protein and 100g carbs from glycoload from optimum - its ingredients are listed as dextrose, maltodextrin, fructose in that order. How does maltodextrin and fructose rank in terms of quality carbs for post-workout?

i've ordered pure dextrose from proteinfactory.com as well, waiting on that

Dextrose is just a very high GI carb. Maltodextrin is another one that is very high GI and is good for post w/o use. These types of sugars are classified under 'glucose polymers.'

Fructose isn't a good choice post w/o because it preferentially refills liver glycogen and post w/o we want to refill muscle glycogen ASAP.

I've used glycoload only because the first two ingredient are dextrose/maltodextrin, which means that those are the most prominent sugars with some fructose thrown in.

Originally posted by Yanick
Dextrose is just a very high GI carb. Maltodextrin is another one that is very high GI and is good for post w/o use. These types of sugars are classified under 'glucose polymers.'

Fructose isn't a good choice post w/o because it preferentially refills liver glycogen and post w/o we want to refill muscle glycogen ASAP.

I've used glycoload only because the first two ingredient are dextrose/maltodextrin, which means that those are the most prominent sugars with some fructose thrown in.

Just adding to this thought:

Glucose is most readily turned into muscle glycogen than anything else.

Dextrose = glucose.

Back