• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Training with limited gym

JCBourne

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The gym I'm at now out-right sucks. It's mostly machines and not made for people who actually like to gain size.

I don't do squats or deads anymore because doctor recommended not to.

What would you do with mostly machines (The only free weights are dumbbells and a ez-curl bar)?

I'm switching as soon as I can, but with busy days this one is right around the corner, the next good one is a 30+ minute drive round-trip on a good day.

Machines can be used, at times when training DC I have used them almost exclusively. It's not optimum, but can be done.

Just look for machines that you can target the intended muscle group, use dumbbells when possible and I'd limit the amount of rest as intensity will be decreased a bit due to not having to balance the weight as the machine does it for you.

Overload and progression are the key to gaining size/strength.

Does your gym have a Smith machine?

I wouldn't avoid doing legs all together. I would do some leg extensions leg curls and maybe the press. Make sure you check with your doctor first.

That sucks about your gym my man. I too had this similar experience and through a lot of time dialing in what machines would best produce what my goals where, eventually figured out a way to get it done. I also had to switch gyms and it was worth it in the end.

Machines can be used, at times when training DC I have used them almost exclusively. It's not optimum, but can be done.

Just look for machines that you can target the intended muscle group, use dumbbells when possible and I'd limit the amount of rest as intensity will be decreased a bit due to not having to balance the weight as the machine does it for you.

Overload and progression are the key to gaining size/strength.

Does your gym have a Smith machine?

5150 is correct. machines have their place, they can allow you to do drop sets quickly, rest/pauses, and go to failure without a spotter.

Ya I'm cancelling tomorrow. I've been too busy to cancel!

Back