• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Could I be eating to FEW calories per day to gain lean muscle mass?

robertover50

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Quick bio: 52 years old, 5' 8", 150 lbs., BF% between 11% & 14% (depends if I use the 3 point meathod with a caliper or use a basic calculation). At 50 I was 190 & decided to get serious about weight training and dropping the weight PERMANTLY & I did but now I'm feeling like I can't make any more gains in lean muscle mass. In the gym 3 to 5 days per week and my routine is 1 to 2 hours consisting of supersets with little rest between. On off days I try to eat around 1,700 calories & on training days I increase that by 350 to 600 calories depending on my activity that day. I watch my macros and consume at least 150 grams of protein per day. Last summer I was around 142 lbs but since then I think I have managed to put on some muscle without fat as my 30" Dockers still fit. So my BMR calculation tells me I should be consuming around 2,600 calories per day but having been heavy for most of my life I'm worried I'll put on the weight again and have to get back into my "fat" clothes. Any opinions? Should I up my calorie count and not worry? My goal is to be a lot more cut by summer but I feel like that goal is going to be difficult. I hope someone out their has some suggestions?

In the gym 3 to 5 days per week and my routine is 1 to 2 hours consisting of supersets with little rest between. (snip) some suggestions?

Try straight sets for a bit and take longer rests between sets to allow yourself heavier weights used in your routine?

If you've been putting on muscle with your current diet, and your happy w the progress, then I wouldn't change anything.
You could always try to add a bit more calories and watch your stats closely and adjust as needed.

Back