Bottled Water

Thread: Bottled Water

Capricorn

Rep Points

Bottled Water

Ever wonder what's in those little bottles of water you pick up at the health club or those gallon jugs you lug home from the supermarket?
    FORTUNE
    Tuesday, March 4, 2003
    By Lawrence A. Armour

Poland Spring did. Back in the early 1900s every bottle of the natural spring water from Maine contained an offer: "$500 reward for evidence which secures conviction of any person for refilling bottles bearing our trademark or for selling as Poland water any water not from Poland Spring." That was long ago, of course ... but hold on. The labels on every bottle of today's Evian water contain a line that reads, "Do not refill."

Despite the pretty pictures on the labels that would lead us to believe that the water inside comes from towering glaciers or crystal-clear springs, 25% or more of the bottled water we buy is drawn from municipal sources--filtered to remove minerals and things that might be bad for us, but from the very same reservoirs that supply our homes and apartments. We're not, by the way, talking fly-by-nights. Pepsi's Aquafina and Coke's Dasani, the country's top-selling brands of bottled water, come from municipal sources.

more....

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/thisj...428850,00.html
    MAX. Q
    by Howard Balzer

"Roughly one minute after the space shuttle launches, it must withstand a condition of extreme force known as Max Q. Mission success demands that all systems perform at the highest level.

In life, Max Q demands the same commitment to success. It requires choosing greatness, personally as well as professionally. It depends on balance, passion and courage and the wisdom gained from adversity. It is an outcome as well as an attitude."

Un~Bulking
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yep.

Amor Fati

Rep Points

I saw a news report about that like a year ago. Pretty surprising how they put up mountains and shit on the label but in reality its just extra filtered faucet water, lol.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance but the illusion of knowledge." -Barry Marshall, Nobel Laureate

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

Makes sense!

I had noticed what i thought was a difference in the taste between bottled waters a while ago, and thought it was just my imagination... but Dasani and Aquafina really dont taste as good as Poland Spring. It sort of leaves an aftertaste in your mouth. Buy a bottle of each and try it!

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Actually, I went to college with a guy who's uncle worked for a popular spring water company in canada (he refused to tell us which one ). He said that it is not just water in there but addictive chemicals (addictive like caffeine) which make us keep wanting to drink bottle water and make us prefer one brand over another.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

World's Greatest Lovea

Rep Points

I like Vodka myself....
    "It is hard to believe a man is telling the truth, when you know you would lie if you were in his shoes."

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I like Vodka myself....
    Yeah, that always helps. Especially post work out to replete liver alcohol.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Yeah, I tried refilling a bottle once, and it melted. The burn on my hand didn't heal for 3 months, I'll never do that again.

I guess it really is magical, special water.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

http://www.osmonics.com/products/Page724.htm

Aquafina, Dasani, and your local wastewater treatment plant use the above method.