• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

SLIMFAST for protein/cutting supplement

Adam5586

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334200019.296601.jpg Slim fast would never be my first choice for a protein supplement, however, I conveniently work for slim fast and get their flavored protein drinks ("meal replacement") basically for free. With that said, I can't figure out if these "High Protein" drinks would be good when cutting.... As a in between snack/meal. Posting picture of nutritional value... Would love some feedback -

I would definitely use it, especially if I got it for free. I'd drink two to replace one meal, 40g of Protein per meal is often the rule of thumb.
There is some sat. fat in there but what you need to consider is your daily needs of saturated fat based on your height/weight. Then figure it into the rest of your diet. Saturated fat should consist of no more than 7% of your daily caloric intake. So if your cutting diet is 2000 Calories a day, you should have less than 16 grams of Saturated fat a day (1gram of fat= 9 Calories). <19 g for a 2500 Cal diet.

It also might help if we could see the rest of the ingredients label to know what kind of protein is in there. I see the second line starts with 'Casein-'.

I would definitely use it, especially if I got it for free. I'd drink two to replace one meal, 40g of Protein per meal is often the rule of thumb.
There is some sat. fat in there but what you need to consider is your daily needs of saturated fat based on your height/weight. Then figure it into the rest of your diet. Saturated fat should consist of no more than 7% of your daily caloric intake. So if your cutting diet is 2000 Calories a day, you should have less than 16 grams of Saturated fat a day (1gram of fat= 9 Calories). <19 g for a 2500 Cal diet.
People actually still believe that saturated fat is the demon it was portrayed to be? Even though Ancel Key's "proved" saturated fat is "evil" by using margarine (high polyunsaturate and trans fat source)? And the Inuit, eating 98% of their diet in red meat and blubber and having the lowest heart disease rates; the Masai eating 66% of their caloric intake in saturated fat from meat, blood, and milk and being virtually heart-disease free; the Spanish upping their beef by 96%, pork going up by 382%, poultry going up by 312%, and full-cream milk going up by 73%, bread consumption falling by 55%, rice consumption falling by 35%, and potato consumption falling by 53% from 1966-1990 which was correlated with a drop of heart attack deaths by 25% in men and 34% in women? These "paradoxes" aren't paradoxes.

Not to mention that the pathway (cholesterol) for which heart disease is caused by saturated fat has been debunked here, here, and here. And fish oil use has been debunked here, here, and here.

Biochemists and lipid researchers put the optimal polyunsaturate intake at 4%, and Chris Masterjohn who is seen as one of the polyunsaturate head honchos has said that a 50/50 blend of saturated/monounsaturated fat is fine. Here is his take on the cholesterol theory.

And to OP:

80 grams of protein in each packet isn't too bad. I couldn't see the ingredients label, so I can't tell you whether the product is truly high quality (aka Whey, preferably ultra-filtered cross flow). What is your protein goal? How tall are you? What's the rest of your diet like?

Shit for free? It's not that much of a difference unless you're trying to compete at a high level or something, and as long as there's not a bunch of crap in the shake, which, looking at the total macs and calories, should be pretty low. There's not enough caloric room left for there to be too much trash.

Arra, you mad bro?

I didn't mean to 'demonize' fats, man. I agree with you and the research about heart disease and cholesterol. He was talking about cutting so I was immediately thinking of Calories and Sat Fats.

Arra, you mad bro?

I didn't mean to 'demonize' fats, man. I agree with you and the research about heart disease and cholesterol. He was talking about cutting so I was immediately thinking of Calories and Sat Fats.
So suddenly saturated fats are more calorically dense than other fats?

And I'm not mad brotha. Keeping saturated fat at 7% or below is hard to make into a semblance of a normal diet.

Last edited:
No sarcasm man. I'm serious, I must be trying too damn with my own cutting right now.

IML Gear Cream!
No sarcasm man. I'm serious, I must be trying too damn with my own cutting right now.
Ah, I'm great at misinterpreting stuff. But whatever, if you'd like to continue this discussion I suggest we move to PM, as this topic kind of took a turn into not answering the OP, though I think Merkaba probably answered most of OP's questions; but even still.

I would have said stay away from Slim Fast and go for a more high quality protien supplement until you used the word "Free". Just don't relay on it too much.

20g protein - not bad. Decent set of fats there too, low carb. As long as it fits your daily macros (and makes you feel full while doing that), it's good for cutting.

There's nothing wrong with using it especially if it suits your lowered caloric intake for optimal body recomp

Back