• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Any Vet's or Cat people? Hell anyone that knows about gastrointestinal problems?

SloppyJ

Swollen Member
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Let me start off by saying I'm not a cat person. My GF is. So I guess that makes me a cat person. :roflmao: I never had a cat growing up and was taught to hate them because no one in my family liked them. Long story short, I got a siamese kitten for my GF. It was around 8 weeks old. Really cool looking cat and super great personality. He quickly grew on me and my dogs even liked him. Well the person had still been feeding them formula at 8 freaking weeks. That's stupid. Anyway we take the kitten home and it will only drink milk. We try to give it wet cat food and all kinds of stuff.

This goes on for a few days then I blend up some wet cat food in some milk and he kind of drinks a tiny bit of it. Well then I squirt like 1ml of the solution in his mouth. He was a little small size wise but the cat just didn't have much fat on him. He needed real food. He was super playful and all over the place. Not a care in the world.

Fast forward to today. I check on him downstairs before I get ready to leave. I notice he didn't drink his milk from last night. So I replace it with some fresh stuff. He still won't eat solid food at this point. And to my knowledge he hasn't taken a poop yet either in 4-5 days since we've had him. Well I come home and my GF is out playing with him in the woods where he was running and climbing stumps and stuff. She said she reached down to grab him and he meowed real loud when she touched his stomach. So fast forward 5 min and and I hear yelling.

I run into the other room, "Your dog just killed the kitten." I rage out and beat the living fuck out of my dog. Talking black out rage when I see that poor little thing laying on the ground with my girl crying over it. Then I examine a little closer. There is a wet spot on the kittens back. I assumed my dog broke his neck although they cuddle and haven't had one problem ever. So she starts balling and I'm getting ready to go handle my vicious dog with a .45. Then my GF gets a great idea to do an autopsy to see if the dog broke its neck or what happened. My GF is working on a masters in biology and I'm in the science field also. It's not like I just went cutting up my little kitten people, so chill. SloppyJ is a trained professional. :winkfinger:

I get my knife and my gloves and I pick up the kitty. I won't lie, my eyes were a little watery.....cause a bug flew into one..... ya know?. It was really sad. I'm a huge puss. So I skin it back and there are all of these extremely dark areas on the kitty. Black almost. Some look like blood clots but some look like dark deep bloody tissue. There are on top of the rib cage and along his left rib cage. I carefully open him up and sure enough there are blood clots all around inside of him up in his chest cavity by his gallbladder and lungs. Nothing looked punctured however. So I realized that my dog was licking the kitten after he saw it collapse, not attacking it. That made me feel better because my dog didn't hurt the little guy.

His stomach was full to the BRIM, straight distended and there was minimal feces in his intestines. More feces up towards his stomach than anything but not much at all. His intestine toward the end looked really weird and bunched up and bigger than the rest. Hard to explain. instead of a single tube held together by a membrane, this looked like 3 "intestines" fused together in a weird shape.

This is where it get's gross FYI.

So I cut open the stomach and sure enough it looks like he couldn't even process any food. The food looks exactly like the blended stuff he was being fed since we got him. Granted he got maybe 3ml over a 4 day period. Looks like all he was digesting was the milk he was drinking and he was able to pee that out.

I'm no medical professional but could some sort of intestinal problem whether it be blockage (Which I didn't see), or a twisted intestine/ under-developed intestinal tract cause this death? There were a few of these long strands of blood. Looked like 2-3" and jet black around the outside of his gallbladder and pancreas. But there were a bunch of these dark spots where the tissue was extremely dark or had a mucus like tissue right underneath the skin.

I know this is a total long shot but I know there are some really smart people on here that might be able to lead me in the right direction. I really should have taken pics. And for anyone who thinks that this is stupid, screw off. If my dog really killed that kitten he was going "away". I live and work in a world of science and I needed to know for my own sake what happened to my little guy. RIP bro. Any help is appreciated. I was surprised how much this took out of me seeing as I've never even had a cat before.

Thanks for reading and hopefully we can figure something out with the knowledge on the board.

Very weird man, almost sounds like heart worms, or some form I cancer.

I've dissected many cats in lab classes and have never see anything remotely similar.

You've peaked my interest though
So when I get home I'm going to do some research and see if I can help you out.

Post this in yahoo answers in the appropriate section.

So you beat your dog for giving his friend kisses after it died?

As for the cat, it sounds like cancer, if it was a birth defect I don't think it would have survived this long.

My dog has had a past history of messing with cats. But he quit that a long time ago when he got his ass kicked by a Russian Blue. I've only seen him cuddle with the new kitty so that's why I was so shocked. Then the rage set in. That's the main reason I did the autopsy. I wanted to see if he broke it's neck/spine but it was all good and there were no puncture holes.

Anyone know what very premature cancer looks like in animals? If you just glanced at what this was, it looked like a big leech but very thin. And it wasn't hard at all put was a part of the skin on the inside. Some was even inside the abdominal.

Thanks for the help guys. I knew there were some fart smellers on here. I haven't got any sleep over this fact and the fact that I have multiple tests today. That just wore me out emotionally.

If the intestinal thing was a birth defect I can see that being true because up until sunday all he got to eat was milk. I watched him pee. That was okay. But something about processing food from his stomach. It was like it was just a storage tank for old food. It wasn't even partly digested. Same color and all.

If the intestinal thing was a birth defect I can see that being true because up until sunday all he got to eat was milk. I watched him pee. That was okay. But something about processing food from his stomach. It was like it was just a storage tank for old food. It wasn't even partly digested. Same color and all.

I think you are on to something here. Long shot, but it is like the kid who is born with Celiac disease. It sounds as if (and excuse me is this sounds redundant), but the cat was born lacking proper digestive enzymes. Kidney function sounds ok (you saw him urinate).

Any history of throwing up?

I know you jumped the gun and it`s understandable but the cat was lucky to have lasted this long. It`s no ones fault. Your dog was probably try to help it/bring it to your sttention or just plain grieve for a friend. You owe your dog the biggest steak you can find and it sounds strange but I mean it. You owe the dog an apology. They DO understand when your sorry and you know you screwed up but right now your dog thinks you hate him. I`m an animal lover and I`ll take a dog or cat I trust over most humans any day.Sorry for your loss. I`ve owned and lost many animals. I`d rather be hit in the head with a brick than feel that pain.

IML Gear Cream!
Lets hope Tesla posts on this thread. He is the DRSE's Official Cat Fiddler and Mountain Bike Enthusiast :coffee:

Another possibility is all the milk may have given it extreme constipation and everything got backed up. Cats like milk but it isn't the best thing for them. Just like dogs, water is best. The kitten may have been on milk for too long.

Hey Sloppy, unfortunately without pics it is gonna be kind of hard to tell. I know several vets and vet assistants and if I speak with them they would ask for pics. From experience though with multiple animals I would have to say its a birth defect. Here is something I did find specifically in Siamese, not sure if its what it is or not though...

"Pyloric stenosis, gastric dysfunction and/or megaoesophagus and/or gastric hetertopia (*) Affected cats are typically young (~6 month old) Siamese or Oriental cats that regurgitate, vomit (sometimes projectile vomiting) and loose weight. Investigations may reveal megaoeasophagus (dilation of the oesophagus) which sometimes also contains abnormal gastric tissue (gastric heterotopia). Fluroscopy may reveal gastric distension and a function delay in gastric outflow. Some cases can be managed successfully with postural feeding and drugs to reduce gastric acid production and aid the healing of gastric/oesophageal inflammation. Other cases may benefit from surgical intervention using pyloromyotomy."

You should have had a vet perform the autopsy. If for no other reason than to have the problem medically diagnosed. Then you could go to the person you bought the kitty from and demand either your money back or a new kitten because the birth defect.

I'm sorry bro, I'm not a huge cat person myself but I've had two cats, one Siamese and the other garden variety tabby (except the fucker was like 25lb of muscle BEAST), and I cried my eyes out when the Siamese died and the tabby had to be euthanized due to renal failure. Both I had since kittens, the little fuckers grow on you when they are that small cause they just look so damn adorable... ahem I mean cool!

I know you jumped the gun and it`s understandable but the cat was lucky to have lasted this long. It`s no ones fault. Your dog was probably try to help it/bring it to your sttention or just plain grieve for a friend. You owe your dog the biggest steak you can find and it sounds strange but I mean it. You owe the dog an apology. They DO understand when your sorry and you know you screwed up but right now your dog thinks you hate him. I`m an animal lover and I`ll take a dog or cat I trust over most humans any day.Sorry for your loss. I`ve owned and lost many animals. I`d rather be hit in the head with a brick than feel that pain.

He has a history of cat mauling so it made sense. We did load him up an take him for a ride late last night which if you knew him is a treat in itself. He loves rides.. I got him a chicken sandwich and gave him some french fries. I split it between him and my little bull terrier. I still wasn't able to eat shit. I apologized to him and I feel bad about it. I think he liked the kitty too. The little fella was extremely lucky to last this long and he had the best home a kitty could have while he was with us.

Pancreas looked okay to me but I'm not a surgeon of the animal type.

Hey Sloppy, unfortunately without pics it is gonna be kind of hard to tell. I know several vets and vet assistants and if I speak with them they would ask for pics. From experience though with multiple animals I would have to say its a birth defect. Here is something I did find specifically in Siamese, not sure if its what it is or not though...

"Pyloric stenosis, gastric dysfunction and/or megaoesophagus and/or gastric hetertopia (*)*Affected cats are typically young (~6 month old) Siamese or Oriental cats that regurgitate, vomit (sometimes projectile vomiting) and loose weight. Investigations may reveal megaoeasophagus (dilation of the oesophagus) which sometimes also contains abnormal gastric tissue (gastric heterotopia). Fluroscopy may reveal gastric distension and a function delay in gastric outflow. Some cases can be managed successfully with postural feeding and drugs to reduce gastric acid production and aid the healing of gastric/oesophageal inflammation. Other cases may benefit from surgical intervention using pyloromyotomy."

You should have had a vet perform the autopsy. If for no other reason than to have the problem medically diagnosed. Then you could go to the person you bought the kitty from and demand either your money back or a new kitten because the birth defect.

I'm sorry bro, I'm not a huge cat person myself but I've had two cats, one Siamese and the other garden variety tabby (except the fucker was like 25lb of muscle BEAST), and I cried my eyes out when the Siamese died and the tabby had to be euthanized due to renal failure. Both I had since kittens, the little fuckers grow on you when they are that small cause they just look so damn adorable... ahem I mean cool!

Yeah this sounds more like it. I think he was fucked up more than one way for sure. Poor little fella cause he was so spunky and always happy. I was never a cat person either. This was the first kitty I've ever been around and I'm still fucked up about it today. I buried him in the back yard under a dogwood tree that's blooming. I actually went out there this morning.

The reason I opened him up myself is because we got him free from the paper. I had to know right then whether it was my dog that did it. I just got off of the phone with a breeder and she said they need to be at least 14 weeks before they can leave. She said the siamese are especially immature and susceptible at young ages. Luckily she has some rag dolls and siamese that will be ready soon. I just don't know if I'm ready just yet.

Take your time. You`ll know when you`re ready.

It takes time bro. My mother owns a rag doll Siamese as well and snow shoe Siamese. They are both adorable and cool as hell for cats. They aren't like normal cats, they want affection and love and will do cute things to get it. Take all the time you need man. Losing an animal is never easy! My thoughts are with you.

Why would you harm your dog for killing a kitten? The worst i would do is put her in the crate for the day...and no cheesy milk bones! But beat? Over a kitten? Nyet!

Anyway bro...sounds like a bad day when you gotta kill the dog and bury the cat.

Why would you harm your dog for killing a kitten? The worst i would do is put her in the crate for the day...and no cheesy milk bones! But beat? Over a kitten? Nyet!

Anyway bro...sounds like a bad day when you gotta kill the dog and bury the cat.

I think we do need to explore this further. Your dog already has a history of not liking cats. That should come to no surprise, it's a dog. So you get a cat and make them cohabitants. Sounds to me like this was just asking for trouble to begin with.

I think you should wait until your dog is gone to purchase another cat. If you want both, get them as puppy and kitten and they will probably be cool.

Otherwise, it's like putting a rat in a python cage and being pissed that the python ate it.

100% false... the dog will learn the cat is off limits. Get a kitten and the dog will treat it like its own. None of my dogs messed with the cats I had. My mothers dogs don't mess with her cats and all hers are rescue animals so none of hers were raised together.

It may have been something more serious. Bottom line, if an animal is hungry enough, they're going to eat whatever the heck you give them. I have a german shepherd and a few months ago, he didn't touch his food for about 2 days. Took him to the vet, he had an intestinal infection. Gave him some meds, he's back to his normal self.

May have been cancer or some type of disease. I hate cats, but you never want to hear about animals suffering.

IML Gear Cream!
I can't speak for the clots, but a cat at 8 weeks old who was fed formula instead of being reared by it's mother will probably have digestive problems if their butthole isn't stimulated. In nature, a mother licks the kitten's anus to make the kitten poop. If this isn't done 2 or 3 times a day, the kitten will stop digesting food, and become impacted.

I'm not saying this was the problem, but it is very possable. I'm sorry about your girlfriend's kitten. :(

Back