Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Whats your preference??

Rep Points

Whats your preference??

Whats up fellas, and ladies..
    So as I'm standing here cooking up my food for the week....
    I just wanted to see what other peoples preferences and thoughts were on buying chicken breast.

Do you just buy whatever, have a favorite brand, or are you strictly organic?

To be honest I buy way to much chicken breast to spend money on organic chicken breast and I usually just buy all in bulk from Sams Club. Its not bad quality, I have noticed some breasts are absolutely huge and others at quite small.. Sometimes makes me wonder if the chicken was on the juice..LOL.

But in all seriousness do you guys care about the added hormones to make the chicken bigger or could you care less??

Last edited by "TheFuture"; 04-15-2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sometimes life can be a bitch, that's why I take a step back, re-evaluate, move forward, and always look toward "The Future".

Rep Points

I get whats on sale at the local markets. I try to vary my protein so I don`t buy an enormous amount of chicken. I love fish and buy canned tuna too. Luckily lots of my friends fish so I get fresh fish 4-5 times a month. I eat a lot of eggs to.
    Caretaker is a fictional online personality for entertainment purposes only and all dialouge typed should be considered fictional.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    I get whats on sale at the local markets. I try to vary my protein so I don`t buy an enormous amount of chicken. I love fish and buy canned tuna too. Luckily lots of my friends fish so I get fresh fish 4-5 times a month. I eat a lot of eggs to.
    I do eat a lot of tuna, which I also buy in bulk at Sams.
    I do not eat a lot of fish, although I do like it a lot. I guess I just never got into cooking it.. There is a local fish market nearby..hmmm may have to get a few recipes.
    Eggs are eaten every morning for breakfast.
    I like to have chicken stored up for about month in my chest freezer.
    Sometimes life can be a bitch, that's why I take a step back, re-evaluate, move forward, and always look toward "The Future".

Rep Points

Fish is easy. Bake it or fry with olive oil. Use any seasonings you like. I mix garlic, cayenne, cilantro with a little olive oil and drizzle it over the fish just before it`s done.
    Or bake it with shaved almonds and lemon.
    Caretaker is a fictional online personality for entertainment purposes only and all dialouge typed should be considered fictional.

Rep Points

Fish is easy. Bake it or fry with olive oil. Use any seasonings you like. I mix garlic, cayenne, cilantro with a little olive oil and drizzle it over the fish just before it`s done.
    Or bake it with shaved almonds and lemon.
    I loved baked and also grilled fish, thanks for the suggestions!
    MMMMmmm baked with almond shavings and lemon sounds so good right now.. LOL.. I'm hungry, but I'm cooking right now so Ill have some sweet potatoes and chicken done soon.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I try to buy most of my meats at a local butcher. All local grown live stock. Much better quality than the factory line BS from the grocery store.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh63 View Post
    I try to buy most of my meats at a local butcher. All local grown live stock. Much better quality than the factory line BS from the grocery store.
    true that.. I buy all my beef/steak, turkey..from a local locker (butcher). Its cheaper and much better quality. They don't sell chicken though, just packaged frozen bags of some brand I have never heard of. So therefore I just buy form Sam's.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh63 View Post
    I`d love to do that but it`s just too expensive. need $$ for gear. LOL

Rep Points

I'd love to buy organic meat all the time, but it gets expensive with the amount of chicken and turkey I eat. I probably buy half of each. Most of my veges and fruits are organic too. Costco keeps me pretty stocked up on good meats.
    DISCLAIMER: I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids, all information about Anabolic Steroids is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Please don't use anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I`d love to do that but it`s just too expensive. need $$ for gear. LOL
    My local butcher is extremely competitively priced. I think it's like 2.45 per lb for chicken breast.. steaks are pretty reasonable too. Can't remember off hand though.

Rep Points

I did organic chicken breasts for a long time but they just got to be too expensive. I usually buy my chicken, tilapia and steak in bulk and keep them individually frozen.

Rep Points

I actually started to cook my chicken breasts for 2 weeks and vacuum seal the cooked then deep freeze them til the day before I eat, I will thaw them. They actually taste quite fresh. I got the idea from Big Evan Centopani, on an article from MD. He cooks and preps them for much longer though. I like to switch up my recipe every couple weeks.
    As far as beef, I'll cook burgers and stuff fresh or for a few days, and store in the fridge til they get eatin.
    Sides (rice, pasta, veggies) are always made for 3 days at a time.
    I don't know how well cooked veggies would be (taste) vacuum sealed and frozen then reheated..hmmm...

Rep Points

I like to buy bulk bags of chicken 'cutlets' from Smith's. They are chicken breast, just cut better and in a more uniform size and shape.This makes them very easy to cook a lot of at once. I bake them with green onions. Not sick of them yet.

Pushing The Limits

Rep Points

I buy all red meat, chicken and Tilapia from Costco, I believe their selection is better than most and definitely taste better than average grocery store, at least in my neck of the woods. Sometimes, we butcher our own cow, but Costco is so much easier, I know that sounds lazy, but it is expensive to butcher a cow and you end up with a lot of cuts that we just don't eat.

Rep Points

My local butcher has fresh buffalo meat once a week. It's f-ing amazing.

Rep Points

I'm not too strict on my meat. I always get grain-fed, despite being a big advocate for grass-fed red meats (more AA and DHA). Plus the fact is I spend so much more on tubers that it would get really hectic. Plus school. Plus having to restock weekly. Yeah, wouldn't have the moola.

Rep Points

Yeah food gets expensive. I set a budget and eliminated a few things/bills I could go without.
    Its a sacrifice but its the life I wanna live.
    I spend roughly $300 every couple weeks on food alone (meats, sides, mid-meals, milk etc..) I try to purchase meat for 1 whole month at a time.
    Shit if I could I would be cooking high grade steak and add another whole meal in through out the day..But just isn't in the budget right now.
    Still paying student loans, that will definitely free up some funds though, when that's over..lol. :shurg:

Rep Points

Honestly I just try to find the best deal. I usually just cut the roided/hormone breasts in half and trim the fat off.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ELH View Post
    Honestly I just try to find the best deal. I usually just cut the roided/hormone breasts in half and trim the fat off.
    I agree, sometimes the the bigger breasts are the perfect size for one serving. I usually trim and butterfly them before cooking.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by "TheFuture" View Post
    I agree, sometimes the the bigger breasts are the perfect size for one serving. I usually trim and butterfly them before cooking.
    Butterflying is the way to go!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ELH View Post
    Butterflying is the way to go!
    Definitely.. they seem to just cook better. Especially when baking, dont get dry, and cook faster.