Special Diet Info!

Rep Points

Special Diet Info!

So the Pain's are dealing with a family situation were Mrs. Pain's mom, refusing to take our advice for years (she is 84), has been diagnosed as Diabetic!

We deal with Hypoglycemia, Diabetes, overw8. over-fat, older adults everyday in our business......just last week, we were instrumental in dropping a man's blood sugar from 300 (where he was losing his vision) to 84-100, where he felt better, avoided meds....and can see clearly (only took one week)

So knowing a few situations are out there with older parents and GP's...we just created this out of the "Shopping List"...

While not for BBing We sincerely hope it helps someone

Every meal, try to combine a protein source, a fat, a fibrous carbohydrate (good amount) or a smaller amount of a starchy carbohydrate.

Examples:

Breakfast: Egg whites plus two whole eggs (or plus one whole egg & breakfast meat) & either a grapefruit, an apple or 1/3 to 1/2 of a cup of old fashioned oats (measured before cooking)

Lunch: Tuna or chicken or fish or meat, two cups of salad greens with an oil-based (no sugar!) dressing or 1 cup of vegetables with butter

Dinner: Any meat, fowl or fish with greens, and 1/2 cup of brown rice or a 4-6 oz of sweet potato, butter or dressing

(NO BREAD, PASTA, CEREAL, GRAINS, SUGARS, CORN, COOKED CARROTS, OR WHITE, RED, OR BAKING POTATOES!)

NEVER EAT PROTEIN OR CARBS BY THEMSELVES!

Proteins:

lean beef
    chicken or turkey breast
    fresh fish
    canned tuna or salmon
    eggs
    creamed cottage cheese
    hard cheese **(limited)

Starchy Carbohydrates:

sweet potatoes
    yams
    long grain brown rice
    old fashioned or steel cut oats

Greens and Veggies:

eggplant
    squash
    romaine lettuce
    spinach
    asparagus
    avocado
    broccoli
    brussels sprouts
    cabbage
    cauliflower
    cucumbers
    celery
    green beans
    peppers (any color)
    mushrooms
    string beans
    zucchini

Fruit, use as a starchy Carb:

apples
    fresh or frozen berries (w/o syrup)
    peaches
    grapefruit

Fats:

heavy whipping cream (real stuff only, not whipped topping)
    olive oil
    safflower oil
    flax seed oil
    walnut oil
    nuts
    natural sugar-free peanut butter

DP

Rep Points

Awesome post

Rep Points

Thanks it's what we are giving her!

Funny note....the whole freaking family is on L/C...after making fun of us for years!

DP

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

DP,

Thanks. I have a woman working for me whose husband was just diagnosed with diabeties. He is NOT overweight, but has a sugar addiction. THey have been asking me about diet b/c I follow the advice on this site and have noticed my total avoidance of sugar.

Anyway, I was able to forward her your message with a specific diet plan.

Thanks/Pepper
    My Carb Cycling Progress - you can't hide from the numbers.

Rep Points

Your Welcome...please make sure he knows when to seek medical advice

DP

Rep Points

Wow!! Good Luck! If she is as stubborn as my grandparents were your gonna need luck!

I, unfortunately was not successful in getting my GP's to drop the bread so instead I limited them to 2 slices of 12 Grain Bread. Hey it was the best I could do. Regarless, they have made excellent progress, health wise and I'm sure your mother-in law will too.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Fit Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Awesom post...

If only society would hear us....
    Searching for the right balance...

Rep Points

Originally posted by Jodi
    Wow!! Good Luck! If she is as stubborn as my grandparents were your gonna need luck!

I, unfortunately was not successful in getting my GP's to drop the bread so instead I limited them to 2 slices of 12 Grain Bread. Hey it was the best I could do. Regarless, they have made excellent progress, health wise and I'm sure your mother-in law will too.

Thanks Jodi, and FF..we have 3 kinds (5 Varieties of L/C Bread.)..Atkins, Synergie which was just renamed "Better Bread" and Food for Life makes a L/C Ezekial...

DP