Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Test Results back. Estrogen high even with nolva? Help?

Rep Points

Test Results back. Estrogen high even with nolva? Help?

Just got my blood work back. Test is +1500 so that's all good but my estrogen is 229 (that of an ovulating female) I've been religiously talking 20mg of novla everyday. Does the novla actually lower the level of estrogen or just block it? If it's not work should I be scrurrying to find a source for some arimidex that I don't have?

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Nolvadex raises circulating E2 but blocks its action in certain tissue like the breast.

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = heavyiron15

International and USA Customers go to Orbitnutrition.com and use HEAVY10 for 10% off all orders at Orbit

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: HEAVY20

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

So basically you're saying that nolva is a competitive inhibtor? Instead of binding to the E2, it competes with it to bind to the active site on the enzyme leaving E2 free to circulate.

OP, here's a basic read that will help you understand. Look at the 2nd paragraph.

What Are Aromatase Inhibitors? | Breast Cancer Action
    Like people about as much as they like me. Never found a way to say fuck you politely.

Rep Points

You need an AI like aromasin.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Aromasin, arimidex, formeron are AIs. Save the nolva for when you have issues with gyno or when you pct.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by acemon View Post
    Aromasin, arimidex, formeron are AIs. Save the nolva for when you have issues with gyno or when you pct.
    What he said

BOARD REP

Rep Points

yerp nolva as a SERM only blocks receptors, you need an AI to actually lower estrogen

Rep Points

It's amazing to me that idiots will put drugs into their bodies without having a remote idea of what it is or how its function is exerted. That shit should all be researched during the planning stages of a cycle. I know that shit and I haven't even done a cycle before.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by overlord View Post
    It's amazing to me that idiots will put drugs into their bodies without having a remote idea of what it is or how its function is exerted. That shit should all be researched during the planning stages of a cycle. I know that shit and I haven't even done a cycle before.
    ^^^ tell me about that...they just use their bodies for experimentation how smart this can be?

Rep Points

you must get amazed pretty often because i dont know about you, but probably 8/10 guys i know who use do not know jack shit. ive had a guy tell me just do pct on weekdays, no need for weekend. ive had a guy who is several cycles in ask me what an AI is, the list goes on and on

Rep Points

Ive had many guys that used gear for years tell me all surprised WTF IS PCT? lol

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by gm09 View Post
    you must get amazed pretty often because i dont know about you, but probably 8/10 guys i know who use do not know jack shit. ive had a guy tell me just do pct on weekdays, no need for weekend. ive had a guy who is several cycles in ask me what an AI is, the list goes on and on
    I ran into a guy at the gym this week he was fucking HUGE! Took first place in a comp recently we got talking about gear, the guy does no PCT he is 28 yrs old and tells me i just quit cold turkey. I explained the issues and his comment was i am still big! Amazed me!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by vannesb View Post
    I ran into a guy at the gym this week he was fucking HUGE! Took first place in a comp recently we got talking about gear, the guy does no PCT he is 28 yrs old and tells me i just quit cold turkey. I explained the issues and his comment was i am still big! Amazed me!

no joke i know a guy who is 27, been on and off since he was 18 and also did not know about pct. never heard about clomid just about nolva if you get gyno... also claimed his nuts have never shrank from juice. and yea dude looks really good.

Rep Points

Well its a good thing everyone on this board is here to help people that dont have all the knowledge about chemical enhancing drugs.

Rep Points

Hats off to overlord for feeling the need to chime in and call me an idiot. Lots of class! I've met several people on this board that I've been amazed by their willingness to help guess that goes the other direction too. Having done further research there are some definate advantages to keeping your estrogen higher during a cycle as long as it doesn't go to the wrong place. So I'm going to stay on track with the nolva but I appreciate almost everyone's input.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

as long as you're not running a 19-nor, low dose nolva will at least prevent gyno. Whether it prevents water retention/high bp/acne etc. I don't know as I've never seen any evidence of that.

Rep Points

Why does that amaze you, I dont know a single person that researched a drug a doctor prescribed them before using it or a supplement they bought at the local shop.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by meathead1 View Post
    Hats off to overlord for feeling the need to chime in and call me an idiot. Lots of class! I've met several people on this board that I've been amazed by their willingness to help guess that goes the other direction too. Having done further research there are some definate advantages to keeping your estrogen higher during a cycle as long as it doesn't go to the wrong place. So I'm going to stay on track with the nolva but I appreciate almost everyone's input.
    No problem. Just because you are offended by the truth doesn't mean we should alter the truth to spare your feelings. Do you think it would have been a good idea to do that research before you started having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler7 View Post
    Why does that amaze you, I dont know a single person that researched a drug a doctor prescribed them before using it or a supplement they bought at the local shop.
    It's not hard to do research on a drug you get from a doc, especially when you consider that they come with a sheet describing the drug, its effects, and all the potential side effects. So, you've now 'met' one person who researches drugs prescribed by doctors. I also research supplements before taking them. I thought that was a pretty normal thing for people to do.

Rep Points

No problem. Just because you are offended by the truth doesn't mean we should alter the truth to spare your feelings. Do you think it would have been a good idea to do that research before you started having issues?

It's not hard to do research on a drug you get from a doc, especially when you consider that they come with a sheet describing the drug, its effects, and all the potential side effects. So, you've now 'met' one person who researches drugs prescribed by doctors. I also research supplements before taking them. I thought that was a pretty normal thing for people to do.
    look bodybuilders and especially people on this forum, thats all we do is research. But the general public or noob for that matter doesnt. I'm not trolling here I just want an honest opinion, do you really think that anyone you know family, work, friends, researches anything they take?

Rep Points

give the kid a break, he did the best thing he could do...ask

Rep Points

look bodybuilders and especially people on this forum, thats all we do is research.
    Speak for yourself.

But the general public or noob for that matter doesnt. I'm not trolling here I just want an honest opinion, do you really think that anyone you know family, work, friends, researches anything they take?
    Obviously not. However, taking drugs on recommendation from a physician and taking OTC supplements is vastly different from taking prescription drugs without a physician's guidance. Especially when you KNOW some of the potential side effects of taking a cavalier approach to AAS and the associated drugs.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by meathead1 View Post
    Just got my blood work back. Test is +1500 so that's all good but my estrogen is 229 (that of an ovulating female) I've been religiously talking 20mg of novla everyday. Does the novla actually lower the level of estrogen or just block it? If it's not work should I be scrurrying to find a source for some arimidex that I don't have?
    You have the benefit of lab work, now a small dose of arimidex every few days can be fine for managing estrogen excess. Arimidex is typically stronger than nolvadex (except for dealing with oxymetholone, which it cannot address).

BOARD REP

Rep Points

I've heard something similar before but never heard a full explanation grozny. Why exactly is an AI often innefective against drol induced gyno? One explanation I've heard was that it actually can bind to estrogen receptors itself so there is no conversion necessary for side effects to happen, thus blocking the receptor with a serm is the only foolproof way. Does this make any sense or am I way off base?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalash View Post
    I've heard something similar before but never heard a full explanation grozny. Why exactly is an AI often innefective against drol induced gyno? One explanation I've heard was that it actually can bind to estrogen receptors itself so there is no conversion necessary for side effects to happen, thus blocking the receptor with a serm is the only foolproof way. Does this make any sense or am I way off base?
    A main reason is because that oxy does not directly convert to estrogen in the body.This steroid is a derivative of dyhydrotestosterone and as such cannot be aromatised.Anti aromatse compounds such as cytadren and arimidex will likewise not effect the relative estrogenicity of this steroid.Some have suggested that high level of estrogenic activity in oxy is actuall due to the drug action as a progestin similar to the nandrolone.The side effect of both estrogens and progestin can be very similar which might have made this explanation a plausible one.*

Rep Points

you dont know a single person? you must hang around with some real dummies. I look up EVERYTHING the doctor has ever given me, this includes antibiotics. No I don't read research journals and shit but I at least take a cursory look about what the chemical is and what it does before I put it in my body. This is especially true with supplements. Are you telling me you go into your local GNC/Vitamin Shoppe and just say. "HEY MAN WUTS GONNA GET ME SWOLE!??" If I'm gonna spend $30-60 on some shit I look it up beforehand. Jesus christ.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grozny View Post
    A main reason is because that oxy does not directly convert to estrogen in the body.This steroid is a derivative of dyhydrotestosterone and as such cannot be aromatised.Anti aromatse compounds such as cytadren and arimidex will likewise not effect the relative estrogenicity of this steroid.Some have suggested that high level of estrogenic activity in oxy is actuall due to the drug action as a progestin similar to the nandrolone.The side effect of both estrogens and progestin can be very similar which might have made this explanation a plausible one.*
    So what you're saying is if I start seeing gyno on Methadrol the aromasin wont stop it and I should take Nolva till it goes away?