• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

3-day Mass Routine

iryoku

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Can anyone tell me a good mass gaining 3day routine. I have about 45min-1hour each day. Anyone that can help thanks. :)

Just for extra info, im 19, 5'10, 190lbs and im somewhat of a beginner to bodybuilding.

Oh yea also, sometimes when I workout it seems I dont have as much energy as I should have. Like just a little bit =\

Last edited:
Do you train in a gym or at home? If at home, what equipment do you have?

just hit each body part once:

Day 1: Legs
Day 2: Off
Day 3: Chest/Tris/Delts
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Back/Bis/Traps
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Repeat

Use around 2 exercises per body part, stay in the 4-6 rep range do 6-8 "working sets" (after warm-ups, these are to failure) per body part. Use compound exercises: squats, SLDL, rows, bench press, french presses, standing barbell cursl, military presses, etc.

I just asked about that myself and this is what I came up with

3 Day Split

IML Gear Cream!
Arg sorry prince, THANKS! :( sorry

Both of yours is just about the same, you both helped me.

sorry again prince :p

Originally posted by Prince
Jodi, how is that any different then what I posted?

oh iryoku you're welcome. :rolleyes:

Its not, sorry Prince. I just looked at it briefly and attached it. :shrug:

when you say 6-8 working sets you mean like:

DB PRESS:

1x6 reps of e.g 135lbs
1x6
1x6
1x6
1x6
1x6

or do you mean all up for that muscle group so say 3 sets of 3 different exercises?

does this make sense?

My favorite 3 day split is...

monday:
CHEST/BACK/ABS
wednesday:
QUADS/HAMS/CALVES
friday:
DELTS/BIS/TRIS

Sample routine...
monday:
-bench press...3 x 8-10
-incline press...3 x 8-10
-bent rows...3 x 8-10
-WG lat pulldown...3 x 8-10
-crunches...3 x 30

wednesday:
-squats...3 x 10-12
-leg press...3 x 10-12
-leg curl...2 x 8-10
-stiff deadlift...2 x 8-10
-standing calf raise...3 x 12-15

friday:
-military press...3 x 8-10
-upright row...2 x 8-10
-barbell curl...2 x 8-10
-preacher curl...2 x 8-10
-lying tricep ext...3 x 8-10
-pushdown...2 x 10-12
-leg raises...3 x 15

Just an example...

Originally posted by perfecto
when you say 6-8 working sets you mean like:

DB PRESS:

1x6 reps of e.g 135lbs
1x6
1x6
1x6
1x6
1x6

or do you mean all up for that muscle group so say 3 sets of 3 different exercises?

does this make sense?

Well, first you would warm up and acclimate, but once you get to the heavy sets yes you would do 3 sets of 4-6 reps, but 2-3 exercises. For chest I would do 2-3 exercises 6-8 sets, for a smaller muscle like biceps I would do 2 sets for 6 sets.

gopro, why would you suggest such a high rep range for gaining mass?
I stay in the 4-6 rep range for working sets.

As a beginner to bodybuilding, which he said he is, you need longer TUT times to stimulate hypertrophy increases generally. Newbies don't have the "nerve force" necessary to get much size stimulus from low reps...they will get stronger, but not much bigger.

Also, in general, hypertrophy is best stimulated by TUTs of about 30-50 seconds...very hard to do with low reps.

As we become more experienced we can gain more mass from lower reps.

ive been doing 8-10, shoudl i change it to 10-12 then?

Originally posted by gopro
Also, in general, hypertrophy is best stimulated by TUTs of about 30-50 seconds...very hard to do with low reps.

ummm...I would have to say that is only one theory. ;)

ummm...I would have to say that is only one theory. ;)

More fact than theory my friend...its physiology.

IML Gear Cream!
As a beginner to bodybuilding, which he said he is, you need longer TUT times to stimulate hypertrophy increases generally. Newbies don't have the "nerve force" necessary to get much size stimulus from low reps...they will get stronger, but not much bigger.

As we become more experienced we can gain more mass from lower reps.

Sorry, what does TUT stand for?

Originally posted by Monolith
Sorry, what does TUT stand for?

TIME UNDER TENSION

More fact than theory my friend...its physiology.

I did not mean to imply that TUT is only a theory, I am saying that there are several ways to cause hypertrophy, and TUT is not necessarily the best way to overload a muscle which you implied.

I did not mean to imply that TUT is only a theory, I am saying that there are several ways to cause hypertrophy, and TUT is not necessarily the best way to overload a muscle which you implied.

I have to respectfully disagree with you Prince that the true basis of stimulating hypertrophy LIES IN TUT and the need to use maximum poundages within a 30-50 second set. Although you can achieve hypertrophy in "other ways," the core of hypertrophy training is TUT.

I have no problem with you disagreeing or me being wrong, BUT if this is true then please present some science to back this up.

Ok Chicken Daddy...if that is what you need...

...but seriously, c'mon Prince...this is what I do for a living, 10 hours a day, 6 days per week.

I have had years to observe the results of different rep ranges/TUTs on all types of subjects and have consulted with many high level trainers, strength coaches, and science buffs on the subject.

On this matter you will find agreement among elite trainers like Staley, Poliquin, King, Telle, etc.

Thats all I'll say about this. :)

Last edited:
IMO this is a good 3-day workout that you don't read much about.
Mon: back/shoulders
wed: legs
Fri: Chest/arms.

Back