• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

4 x 6-8 reps for deadlifts???

fqqs

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I dont want to max, my priority is hypertrophy.

Just wondering if a few warmup sets + 4 x 6-8 workset reps would be ok for deadlifts?

If your open to some alternative advice mate I've been doing pyramid sets with my deads. Doing my warm ups, then 5 sets starting at 8 reps, 6, 4, 2 with progressively heavy weight. Then I go back to 5 - 6 reps with a lowered weight. As you say mate your interested in growing and I've been seeing great results with what I'm currently doing. This may just be relative to me though, just a little tip.

Yeah sure that's a fine number to work with. Like MrKeenan suggested, you can throw in a lot of variation to it. A 4x8 is pretty basic though.

Whatever you enjoy doing while still progressing toward your goals is good.

Looks good to me. I like to pyramid mine up too sometimes.

If your open to some alternative advice mate I've been doing pyramid sets with my deads. Doing my warm ups, then 5 sets starting at 8 reps, 6, 4, 2 with progressively heavy weight. Then I go back to 5 - 6 reps with a lowered weight. As you say mate your interested in growing and I've been seeing great results with what I'm currently doing. This may just be relative to me though, just a little tip.

hmm that looks good.

8,6,4,2 looks ok. how big are your increments? or for example if i can lift 315lbs x 6 how would this rep/scheme look like? thanks mate

It's sometimes helpful to do low rep stuff especially on deads even if size is your goal. I usually like to stay in the 6-10 rep for deads, but last week I did a 5-3-1 and it felt great to go heavy and I was more sore than usual the next day. Mix it up.

and my increments went like this:

135X5, 225X5, 315X5, 365X3, 405X2, 275X14

Also, if hypertrophy is your goal as you stated, you should be doing deads last, after all your lat work IMO.

IML Gear Cream!
If your open to some alternative advice mate I've been doing pyramid sets with my deads.

can you explain why?

Deads where down your CNS very quickly. Doing a back workout after doing deads is not gonna be nearly as effective as doing it before deads. Just my oppinion based on my experience. Nothing more, nothing less.

My back day looks like this:

PULL-UPS 2x8-10 reps bodyweight 269lbs currently

BENT BB ROWS 135lbsx20 225x15 315x10 365x6-8 405(with wraps)x 5

DEAD LIFT 315x10 405x8-10 495x5 545x5 585x5 605x3 The following week I will do rack pulls(mid-shin) 5-3-1 & pull throughs. I will do a 1RM on DL maybe once per month. I can gauge my 1RM by my triple numbers.

1 ARM DB ROWS 160lbs 3x10-12 160 is the highest the db's go at my gym.

I will take the following day off from lifting as I'm shot. Find what works for you, 5x5 and 5-3-1 routines are popular for a reason because they work. After you warm up a 4-6 rep range imho is plenty for the DL. Technique is key to the DL and please don't ever use wraps! You're only as strong as your hands.

Just wondering if a few warmup sets + 4 x 6-8 workset reps would be ok for deadlifts?

My back day looks like this:

PULL-UPS 2x8-10 reps bodyweight 269lbs currently

BENT BB ROWS 135lbsx20 225x15 315x10 365x6-8 405(with wraps)x 5

DEAD LIFT 315x10 405x8-10 495x5 545x5 585x5 605x3 The following week I will do rack pulls(mid-shin) 5-3-1 & pull throughs. I will do a 1RM on DL maybe once per month. I can gauge my 1RM by my triple numbers.

1 ARM DB ROWS 160lbs 3x10-12 160 is the highest the db's go at my gym.

I will take the following day off from lifting as I'm shot. Find what works for you, 5x5 and 5-3-1 routines are popular for a reason because they work. After you warm up a 4-6 rep range imho is plenty for the DL. Technique is key to the DL and please don't ever use wraps! You're only as strong as your hands.

Thanks for the useful post )

Sure that's fine. Just be wary of fatigue from the higher reps possibly causing form degradation. Other than that, go for it. Nothing wrong with that rep range, just make sure the keep the form tight in the later reps. Make sure you're eating enough for the size gains!

Back