• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Glucosamine

MtnBikerChk

Stealth Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I know what it is and what it's main function is but what are the different combos that it comes in? Glucosamine sulfate and glucosamine/chondroition etc?!

I've had knee issues since I was a kid and recently they just ache. So I was thinking it could help.

Also, are there any side affects? I mean I know it helps with mucus secretion etc - so will my nose run all the time :) ?

I have taken glucosamine/chondroition every day for a couple of years now. I guess you never really know if it helps, but it sure seems to.

I have had no noticeable side effects either.

I've been taking glucosamine for about 2 months(total of 2000mg/day) now and I havn't noticed any improvements at all in my joints.I'm not gonna buy another bottle.

Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

Also, are there any side affects? I mean I know it helps with mucus secretion etc - so will my nose run all the time :) ?
Never heard that one! For the money, I think you would be better off with an anti-imflamitory like aleve but those have sides on their own.

Get Joint Support Formula by Champion Nutrition...it is the best I've used.

Re: Re: Glucosamine

Originally posted by dg806
Never heard that one! For the money, I think you would be better off with an anti-imflamitory like aleve but those have sides on their own.

Aleve is a pain reliever/anti inflammatory, quite different from Glucosamine & Chondroitin.

Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplements are used to slow the progression of osteoarthritis ??? the deterioration of cartilage between joint bones ??? and reduce associated pain. They are both naturally occurring molecules in the body. Glucosamine is thought to promote the formation and repair of cartilage. Chondroitin is believed to promote water retention and elasticity in cartilage and inhibit enzymes that break down cartilage.

Glucosamine is sold in many forms, including glucosamine sulfate, glucosamine hydrochloride (HCl), and N-acetylglucosamine (NAG), and may also contain a potassium chloride or sodium chloride salt. However, there appears to be no conclusive evidence that one form is better than another. Chondroitin is typically sold as chondroitin sulfate.

I've read before that chondroitin is expensive to make so alot of the times you don't get the chondroitin companies claim is in their products. Anybody else read or hear about this?

I have a case of osteorthritis on most of my joints and I've been taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin by Solgar(500mg Glucosamine Sulfate, 500mg Chondroitin Sulfate, 200mg vit C per tablet) 4 tablets a day for 4 weeks now and I first noticed a bit of improvement in my less impaired joints, which are my shoulders, after the first week. By now my shoulders are cracking a lot less and my knees which have suffered the most are "moving out of place" to a much lesser degree. Overall it works if you have a problem. Now joint support products come in various forms combining stuff like MSM which is antiinflamatory and provides the cartilage with sulfur, vit C which takes part in the formation of collagen, grape seed extract which also helps with the production of collagen, herbs like devil's claw and turmeric, dl-phenylalanine for analgesic purposes, hydrolyzed collagen, shark cartilage, etc

Re: Re: Re: Glucosamine

Originally posted by Prince
Aleve is a pain reliever/anti inflammatory, quite different from Glucosamine & Chondroitin.

Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplements are used to slow the progression of osteoarthritis ??? the deterioration of cartilage between joint bones ??? and reduce associated pain. They are both naturally occurring molecules in the body. Glucosamine is thought to promote the formation and repair of cartilage. Chondroitin is believed to promote water retention and elasticity in cartilage and inhibit enzymes that break down cartilage.

Glucosamine is sold in many forms, including glucosamine sulfate, glucosamine hydrochloride (HCl), and N-acetylglucosamine (NAG), and may also contain a potassium chloride or sodium chloride salt. However, there appears to be no conclusive evidence that one form is better than another. Chondroitin is typically sold as chondroitin sulfate.
Yes I know..........I should have explained better. I don't think glucosamine works especially what you have to pay. I think you would be better off to get an anti-imm, for pain. And for chondroitin water retention, that is why I say I feel good while on 4-ad!!!!!!!!!!!

Back