Cemproducts.com

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

regarding half-life of drugs

Rep Points

regarding half-life of drugs

If a drug has a 5-7 day half-life, how long will this be out of my system completely? I assumed 10-14 days, but someone else told me 42 days.

Now if I had been using liver support pills (Milk Thistle), will the removal of the drug in my system be faster?
    Last edited by BUCKY; 05-08-2012 at 03:33 AM.

BOARD REP

Rep Points

if you are wanting to know how long it is until the original drug is undetectable..... it has nothing to do with half life..... first off, whoever told you 10 days is a complete idiot.... at 10 days from dose(with a half life of 5-7days) there is still25+% of original drug in your system...
    to further answer your question; most drugs are not detected by original drug, they are detected by metabolites of that drug(most, not all)
    If you want to know detection times, google detection time of 'drug x in urine'...or in blood, etc.. you get the idea...
    the above would apply to drug testing protocols...
    Since you didn't explain why you want to know this(drug test, pct....???), we don't really have an answer for you(other than detection times have almost nothing to do with original drug half life.. )..
    So, what do you need to know, and for what purpose do you need to know... then we can answer your question effectively..

as far as milk thistle.. if your liver is not functioning at full capacity, milk thistle would, more than likely, speed the elimination of anything that is hepatically metabolized, as long as renal function is not impaired.... (but it would take weeks for this to have a clinically significant effect).... and this still leave you with metabolites...

Swollen Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's totally dose dependent.
    Like people about as much as they like me. Never found a way to say fuck you politely.

Rep Points

Ok it's for drug testing. Let's say I was on Nolvadex for 28 days, 20mg daily. It's half-life is about 5-7 days. When will this be out of my system completely? I had been taking Milk Thistle ever since before I even started taking Nolvadex. 1000mg of Milk Thistle, twice daily (2000mg daily).

Quote Originally Posted by overburdened View Post
    if you are wanting to know how long it is until the original drug is undetectable..... it has nothing to do with half life..... first off, whoever told you 10 days is a complete idiot.... at 10 days from dose(with a half life of 5-7days) there is still25+% of original drug in your system...
    to further answer your question; most drugs are not detected by original drug, they are detected by metabolites of that drug(most, not all)
    If you want to know detection times, google detection time of 'drug x in urine'...or in blood, etc.. you get the idea...
    the above would apply to drug testing protocols...
    Since you didn't explain why you want to know this(drug test, pct....???), we don't really have an answer for you(other than detection times have almost nothing to do with original drug half life.. )..
    So, what do you need to know, and for what purpose do you need to know... then we can answer your question effectively..

as far as milk thistle.. if your liver is not functioning at full capacity, milk thistle would, more than likely, speed the elimination of anything that is hepatically metabolized, as long as renal function is not impaired.... (but it would take weeks for this to have a clinically significant effect).... and this still leave you with metabolites...

BOARD REP

Rep Points

Unless you're an olympic athlete no one is going to test you for nolva, I'm not even sure they would though it is a banned substance there

BOARD REP

Rep Points

What kind of drug test are you having done? there is maybe one or two people on earth who are going to test you for nolva... and we know you aren't an olympian, so that takes care of one of them....

BOARD REP

Rep Points

btw, nolvadex is immediately metabolized to its active metabolite(tamoxifen itself is nearly useless as a serm)... there are three major metabolites of tamoxifen, then metabolites of metabolites... you are looking at a whole cascade of detectable compounds... anyway... who is testing, and what kind of drug test?

Rep Points

I just wanted to know when Nolva will be out of my system. I went by its half-life. I guess I'm wrong? That's why I asked the question to find out when Nolva will be out of my system. Since overburdened said it has nothing to do with or can't be determined based on the half-life of the drug. How do you determine then when the drug will be entirely out of the body's system. There has to be a timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalash View Post
    Unless you're an olympic athlete no one is going to test you for nolva, I'm not even sure they would though it is a banned substance there
    Last edited by BUCKY; 05-09-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Anabolic Whore
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I can't believe you guys continue to feed a known IML troll.
    Disclaimer: All information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. Everything posted is for entertainment purposes only. ANIMALHOUSE is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way use, encourage, nor condone the use of any illegal substances or the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ANIMALHAUS View Post
    I can't believe you guys continue to feed a known IML troll.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rep Points

any idea if when HGH will be non traceable during a blood test? Doesn't the HGH continue to work after my 6 month cycle for the next 6 months or so, which means the HGH drug is still in my system for another 6 months after the 6 month cycle I did? I ask this because I might be going to get my DOT card (department of transportation), which requires a physical test (not sure if it includes drug test by way of urine test) or if this is simply a physical test.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    any idea if when HGH will be non traceable during a blood test? Doesn't the HGH continue to work after my 6 month cycle for the next 6 months or so, which means the HGH drug is still in my system for another 6 months after the 6 month cycle I did? I ask this because I might be going to get my DOT card (department of transportation), which requires a physical test (not sure if it includes drug test by way of urine test) or if this is simply a physical test.
    DOT doesn't test for HGH. But you should stop sniffing glue immediately.

Rep Points

will they test for steroids or other drugs?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGigs View Post
    DOT doesn't test for HGH. But you should stop sniffing glue immediately.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKY View Post
    will they test for steroids or other drugs?
    Tell them you have a waiver. You are above the law.
    Tren...it's what's for dinner!

Rep Points

Lo, there do I see my Father..
    Lo, there do I see my Mother
    And my Sisters and my Brothers..
    Lo, there do I see the line
    Of my people back to the beginning..
    Thay do bid me to take my place among them..
    In the Halls of Valhalla,
    Where the Brave may live forever.