• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need help understanding test result

powerclean

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The other week i got a blood test done to check for thyroid amongst other things my test levels

here is my test result
Serum testosterone level (XE2dr) 12.5 nmoI/L (9.0-29.0)

i don't understand it, is it telling me I have low? medium? high test?

I'm 21 and have never cycled before ...

maybe i need to elaborate, is it quite low of a 21 year old. Despite having a near top diet, sleep 6-8 hours a night etc

The other week i got a blood test done to check for thyroid amongst other things my test levels

here is my test result
Serum testosterone level (XE2dr) 12.5 nmoI/L (9.0-29.0)

i don't understand it, is it telling me I have low? medium? high test?

I'm 21 and have never cycled before ...

your post is a little vague can you post the actual results you recieved from the lab ?

that's literally the result i got on my sheet for my testosterone level

He's in the UK, and they use nmol/L, to convert to ng/dL, multiply by 28.82 = ~360 in a range of 260-835.

That is definitely not an ideal reading for a 21 yr old.

What should he do? Well... discuss...

So he's in range but not in the top 3rd where he should be. Not sure about the UK but in the states a doc probably wouldn't help you but a clinic would if you weren't so young.

You should go to the source on this one. Who did the lab test? Ask them for help/support with this. It's the safest way

U should ask them to explain it to U. From the results U posted, U are in low range which is strange for your age. A clinic or endrocrinologist could explain it to u and the treatment for it.

Well i went to my local GP after i became suspicious i may have low test because I can't put muscle on for shit, despite sacrificing three years of my life, ie no drinking, no going out on my Birthday eating an OCD diet if you like counting macros etc, i gained weight but 95% was fat!

Well I saw my GP today and she said it was in a normal range and no further action was needed. I asked if i could be referred to an endo and she said she had to run it by her boss, she said she will call me tomorrow, but I am not hopeful....

Funny thing is i'm ridiculously, ridiculously hairy, hair every where! An yet my dad or my mums and dad or dads dad were pretty much hairless, kinda strange for someone with relatively low test :/

IML Gear Cream!
thats normal for an 80 year old lol. i dont know if you have trt clinics there, you might want to look into going to one, or insist that they send you to an endo so you can be checked out

Well i went to my local GP after i became suspicious i may have low test because I can't put muscle on for shit, despite sacrificing three years of my life, ie no drinking, no going out on my Birthday eating an OCD diet if you like counting macros etc, i gained weight but 95% was fat!

Well I saw my GP today and she said it was in a normal range and no further action was needed. I asked if i could be referred to an endo and she said she had to run it by her boss, she said she will call me tomorrow, but I am not hopeful....

Funny thing is i'm ridiculously, ridiculously hairy, hair every where! An yet my dad or my mums and dad or dads dad were pretty much hairless, kinda strange for someone with relatively low test :/

maybe you are adopted and they never told you...Or your mom fucked a monkey.

unfortunately, i bet since you are in range, no US doc will put you on TRT.....well maybe an elvis doc...a clinic wont either since you are only 21....????

maybe you are adopted and they never told you...Or your mom fucked a monkey.

unfortunately, i bet since you are in range, no US doc will put you on TRT.....well maybe an elvis doc...a clinic wont either since you are only 21....????

Coop - that's harsh! The kid just wants a better quality of life, give him a break. We all know docs won't treat a 21 yr old with testosterone if his level is "within range", but perhaps he can find another way like a lot of the guys on this board. Lets just say with a level like that at 21, he's going to be on TRT at some point. Just a matter of time.

surprise surprise my docs boss said no, although i am seeing him next week to discuss it further. Although i can't get on the NHS (for now) i believe my doctor said to me that she can write a recommendation. I'm seeing her tomorrow so once i get a recommendation, i can private, but thats going to be costly....

surprise surprise my docs boss said no, although i am seeing him next week to discuss it further. Although i can't get on the NHS (for now) i believe my doctor said to me that she can write a recommendation. I'm seeing her tomorrow so once i get a recommendation, i can private, but thats going to be costly....

Dude if you are in the UK all you need to self administer is easy to get, and cheap. Oh, and an ellipses is three dots, not four.

Dude if you are in the UK all you need to self administer is easy to get, and cheap. Oh, and an ellipses is three dots, not four.

lol okay, yeah i can self administer but i would rather get stuff knowing the quality is not in question

plus my family would have a hard time accepting the concept of me getting gear off a source lol, thats going to a doozer if it comes to that. They know about it now but if the endo says no then there just going to say the doctor knows best.

In all seriousness what age can be test levels be associated with

so I have a test level literally of an 80+ year old lol? is total test the same category score for the result score i posted?

so I have a test level literally of an 80+ year old lol? is total test the same category score for the result score i posted?

Yep. It's important to also look at the range and testing method, which could affect results slightly, but pretty much your test is really low.

The question you should be asking is what do you want to do about it? Going on TRT is a really big decision and has implications. Regardless if your doc is willing to provide testosterone therapy, you should really look into what it means and the level of life-long commitment you'd be making. Best of luck to you.

IML Gear Cream!
I had gyno removed a few years back but one gland under one nipple was not removed. If i take HCG will this aggravate it even if i take novaldex daily? Also if i was to start TRT at my young age even with HCG, will that increase the likelihood i will not be able to have kids?

You won't want to take nolva daily, but you may need an ai IF you decide to go that route. There's no doubt taking test, even with hcg will decrease your sperm count.

See these are the things I was referring to... there's some real draw backs to taking test and you have to do some research and decide if this is what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Me, I'm 36 and my test levels pre TRT were similar to yours, and it was a good decision for me, but it's a personal choice that has some real and meaningful implications. Take some time and do some reading, there's no need to rush into anything here.

Back