• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Help... im about to cough up a lung.

Monolith

OMGWTFBBQ
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've got a wicked bad cough. It started friday night while i was at work (really smokey environment).

It's gotten progressively worse... and im coughing like every 20 seconds now.

My sinuses arent too bad though. Any idea what this is? Or what i can take to help get rid of it?

I tried Robitussin extra strength for the cough, and it really doesnt do anything.

Could be several things, but I'd see a doctor if this continues. Don't mess with upper respiratory problems.

Originally posted by gopro
Could be several things, but I'd see a doctor if this continues. Don't mess with upper respiratory problems.

Well, i talked with a friend of mine who said he had almost the exact same symptoms, and it turned out to be pneumonia.

Im kind of busy so if i can avoid having to go to the doctor that'd be ideal... so is there anything i can get over the counter to treat this?

Asthma inhaler.

Most likely your body is coughing becuase of the lack of oxygen. Constricted lung capacity. A couple of people have been diagnosed with asthma after a recent flu. Same with me. Asthma after the flu.. never had a history of it before.

But kinda busy? It's your health. It has to come first or else eventually, nothing else will.

What is a cough can persist for months and years if not treated.

Just being diagnosed got me the ability with on Kaiser visit to get myself an inhaler. The stuff in the drug stores is for general usage. Has some other side effects like speeding up your heart rate. Not good.

I'm not a doctor. But my personal, non-expert advice is to see a doctor and make it a priority. Becuase if it's serious, your cough will soon make itself the priority in your life.

Originally posted by mda1125
Asthma inhaler.

Most likely your body is coughing becuase of the lack of oxygen. Constricted lung capacity. A couple of people have been diagnosed with asthma after a recent flu. Same with me. Asthma after the flu.. never had a history of it before.

But kinda busy? It's your health. It has to come first or else eventually, nothing else will.

What is a cough can persist for months and years if not treated.

Just being diagnosed got me the ability with on Kaiser visit to get myself an inhaler. The stuff in the drug stores is for general usage. Has some other side effects like speeding up your heart rate. Not good.

I'm not a doctor. But my personal, non-expert advice is to see a doctor and make it a priority. Becuase if it's serious, your cough will soon make itself the priority in your life.

Yeah, i guess.

I had athsma as a kid, but grew out of it. I hope its not coming back... those werent fun times.

Hopefully i can take like a kilo of penicilin and get this crap out of me in a couple days. :lol:

Originally posted by Monolith
I've got a wicked bad cough. It started friday night while i was at work (really smokey environment).

It's gotten progressively worse... and im coughing like every 20 seconds now.

My sinuses arent too bad though. Any idea what this is? Or what i can take to help get rid of it?

I tried Robitussin extra strength for the cough, and it really doesnt do anything.

Could be the virus everyone is getting! Damn, it was hard to shake! I rarely get a cold, too!

Re: Re: Help... im about to cough up a lung.

Originally posted by david
Could be the virus everyone is getting! Damn, it was hard to shake! I rarely get a cold, too!

Same here! This is the first time ive been sick in like 2 years. I'll just blame Iraq. :mad:

Re: Re: Re: Help... im about to cough up a lung.

Same here! This is the first time ive been sick in like 2 years. I'll just blame Iraq. :mad:

:haha: I think the blame Iraq is funny but let's hope hope the anti people don't read that! :lol:

Well, i talked with a friend of mine who said he had almost the exact same symptoms, and it turned out to be pneumonia.

Im kind of busy so if i can avoid having to go to the doctor that'd be ideal... so is there anything i can get over the counter to treat this?

Make the time! If its asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, or anything of the sort you better not try treating it yourself! Go to the doc!

Make the time! If its asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, or anything of the sort you better not try treating it yourself! Go to the doc!

I went to the doc today and she gave me a script for an albuterol inhaler... and its completely ineffective. :lol:

IML Gear Cream!
I went to the doc today and she gave me a script for an albuterol inhaler... and its completely ineffective. :lol:

Well, than its not asthma. But apparently something is wrong, and if I were you, I would pursue it until I know exactly whats going on!

Pollen is about to kill us here is S.C., I had to cut my workout short last night because I couldn't get enough 02 during lifts/between coughs. I realize your region probably hasn't thawed as of yet, so pollen might not be in abundance. However, it seems to me that dust mytes,spores and other allergens have become more of an issue these days.

Well, than its not asthma. But apparently something is wrong, and if I were you, I would pursue it until I know exactly whats going on!

Well, i went back in yesterday, and apparently she still thinks its asthma. She gave me a steroid inhaler (Advair).

I managed to convince her to give me an antibiotic anyway... so she gave me a couple scripts for Zithromax and Prednisone.

I woke myself up coughing last night after taking all this crap... but its too early to see if its working i guess.

Question: My workouts have been suffering because of this "mystery illness" - i've got a bottle of ephedrine here, would it be already to take a 25g pill pre-workout? I mean, would i get any freaky interactions with these other meds im on?

Well, i went back in yesterday, and apparently she still thinks its asthma. She gave me a steroid inhaler (Advair).

I managed to convince her to give me an antibiotic anyway... so she gave me a couple scripts for Zithromax and Prednisone.

I woke myself up coughing last night after taking all this crap... but its too early to see if its working i guess.

Question: My workouts have been suffering because of this "mystery illness" - i've got a bottle of ephedrine here, would it be already to take a 25g pill pre-workout? I mean, would i get any freaky interactions with these other meds im on?

Ephedrine actually is an asthma med, however, I wouldn't take it with the other meds. Perhaps until you are feeling better you should train lighter anyway.

Ephedrine actually is an asthma med, however, I wouldn't take it with the other meds. Perhaps until you are feeling better you should train lighter anyway.

Lighter? Eh, i guess so. I'll give it a try.

Oh, and i got a pharmacist friend of mine to hook me up with some robitussin w/ codeine. Apparently this stuff can stop even the worst kind of coughs. :D

Lighter? Eh, i guess so. I'll give it a try.

Oh, and i got a pharmacist friend of mine to hook me up with some robitussin w/ codeine. Apparently this stuff can stop even the worst kind of coughs. :D

Just get healthy. Lift for maintenance for now. Once you get this cough cleared up your mind and body will be ready to go all out again!

Back