Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

From Obese to being Ripped?? (To 'Juice' or not to 'Juice'...That is the question.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    39

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    20

    Cool From Obese to being Ripped?? (To 'Juice' or not to 'Juice'...That is the question.)

    Hello Everyone,

    Ok, so here's the deal with my situation. I have PMed a few people but I thought I may as well just post this publicly to get everyone's honest feedback and suggestions. The question is should I *even consider* ANY KIND of Anabolic/Juice stack/cycle...or just keep doing what I'm doing. Here is where I am thus far, in both my training and diet:

    1. - I FINALLY HAVE A GYM MEMBERSHIP!!! Yes, FINALLY. I ended up getting a membership at a nearby 'Golds Gym'. It was either that or '24-hour Fitness'. I really like the vibe at Golds Gym...it's like everyone is there to do their own thing, no male bravado, no pissing contest...just do your own thing. However, if someone needs help with something...someone is always ready to jump in and assist in some sort of fashion.

    2. - I'M FINALLY WORKING OUT!!! Meaning, I didn't really have all of the tools and free weights available...but now I do. I ended up getting a few complimentary sessions with a personal trainer, but I only have 2 sessions left. I try to learn as much as I can and ask all the questions I possibly can as well.

    3. - My diet has completely changed. I'm not doing a strict 'Atkins Diet' per se, but it is 'Atkins-like'. More so, less on the 'high-fat' side, but more on the 'High-Protein' and 'Low-Carb' side.

    4. As far as results...I have started seeing results almost immediately. I am losing weight/fat...very quickly...some pants and shorts I can no longer wear without wearing a belt. Other pants, I have to make the belt tighter because they are still too lose.

    As far as muscle gains, I'm seeing that too...and it feels awesome!!!!

    I'm not taking any HGH or any kind of 'Juice'...just my diet and a Protein Shakes!!!

    ================================================== =============

    - I am 5'9

    - 34 Years Old

    - As of today, I way 281 lbs.

    - I am also at 31% BF...the trainer gave me the 'Pinch' test with some tool that they use.


    As far as my workouts, so far they are as follows:

    1. - Upper-body 3x a week. They usually consist of the following:

    - Incline Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Dumbbell Bench Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Decline Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Military Press and/or Military Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Butterfly/Pectoral Flys, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Lateral Cable Pull-down, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Bicep Curls, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Cardio afterwards (sometimes before as well) 20-30 minutes of moderately-intense cardio.

    2. - For Lower-body, 2-3x a week. They consist of the following:

    - Hamstring press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Leg extensions, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Half-squat Leg Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Leg Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Calf Press (calves), 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Cardio afterwards 20-30 minutes of moderately-intense cardio

    3. - As for my diet, my meals normally look like this on average:

    - EARLY MORNING (6:30am) Protein Shake (Whey or etc.)

    - BREAKFAST (7:30-8:30am) Scrambled Eggs and Turkey Bacon or Scrambled Eggs and Ground Beef

    - LATE MORNING-SNACK (10:30AM +/-) 1 Can Of Tuna (No mayo, just straight out of the can) ** or ** Protein Shake

    - LUNCH (Turkey and Spinach or Chicken and Spinach or just tons of shredded chicken de-boned) or bowl of ground-beef, etc.)

    - AFTERNOON SNACK (Protein Shake or Turkey Slices or something similar)

    - DINNER (Anything like the above lunch meals, but even less carbs...as in no spinach)

    - LATE NIGHT (Depending what time I go to bed, I may have some Protein or pure turkey slices or something). If it's after a workout...definitely a protein shake).

    *** So here are my questions:

    - What are your thoughts on this training routine? Am I doing too much? Am I doing to much for my chest?

    - What about Abs? I hear two different schools of thought on this. Some say don't workout your Abs because your 'core' is getting worked all the time by my other exercises...and others say I should focus on Abs.

    - I'm losing fat/weight fast...but it's happening all over my body...not just my stomach. I want to melt away the flab and love-handles in my lower abdominal area and even towards my pubic area. I mean, it's already happening...but I want it to happen faster...LOL.

    - Juice vs. Protein/Supplements...so far I do take Protein Shakes. But I was wondering, would it be better to just go on straight 'Test' either Prop or Cyp, instead of spending money on Protein and Creatine and etc? Yes I want to lose fat, but I also want to get ripped. My thinking was that by packing on more lean muscle, that would also help burn the fat I want as well.

    I can get any kind of Test or Juice I want...for the most part. My concern is if I should or not. I want the truth!!!

    I know some guys who are taking some kind of 'Pro-Hormone'...apparently it's not completely legal but they have purchased it in stores and apparently they are seeing significant gains with this.

    I know someone who is taking 1 injection of Testosterone Cypionate, once a week. He says just off that one shot a week, he is seeing huge results and his libido has sky rocketed (which I want also).

    So what say you all fine folk????

    Thank you soo much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BJ



  2. #2
    President of the galaxy
    Night_Wolf's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gym
    Posts
    899

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    21907672

    - I FINALLY HAVE A GYM MEMBERSHIP!!!
    - I'M FINALLY WORKING OUT!!!

    And you want to use steroids right away? Please start reading and learning about diet/training for a couple of years.

    - What about Abs?
    I hit them hard 2 times per week, that's what I recommend.

    - I'm losing fat/weight fast...but it's happening all over my body...not just my stomach.
    That's normal.

    - Juice vs. Protein/Supplements...so far I do take Protein Shakes. But I was wondering, would it be better to just go on straight 'Test' either Prop or Cyp, instead of spending money on Protein and Creatine and etc?
    This question implies that you have zero knowledge about anything regarding diet/supplements/AAS.

    - I can get any kind of Test or Juice I want...for the most part. My concern is if I should or not. I want the truth!!!
    NO. Read the reply above. Also you have very high bf, you need to be at about 10-13%, the lower, the better.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    lee111s's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    303

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    5890416

    Diet and train for 2 years at least before even considering steroids.

    You'll be amazed at what you can achieve if you stick to it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,220

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    -11465052

    since you are getting good results , i am not sure why you want steroids.....you are not a pro bodybuilder and you don't need any treatment involving steroids...so other than these cases i see no need to go on a risky plan. Why do you want to lose weight? to look better and to be healthier right? steroids are not going to make you healthier!

  5. #5
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    a
    Posts
    26

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    dude you need to chill.
    i have lost 105kg not pounds and i used aas to get the results when i was,nt happy with what i was left with. loose the weight 1st. get the bf down. you have to put the work in 1st and learn. you think your diet is right now. i highly dout that very much. no disrespect intended. you learn so much over the journey . i thought my diet was good when i lost the weight. aas is a whole new ballgame. live it , breath it , love it or forget it.
    you have to put the work in 1st. that is strip the fat. and you don,t need the gear for that. also research a decent diet. sorry could tear holes all through that diet. there are so many on hear.
    good luck
    Last edited by pittymick; 05-13-2012 at 03:28 AM.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    BFHammer's Avatar


    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Over the rainbow
    Posts
    578

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    38779575

    Poppycock. Sorry but the whole workout for 2 years or get skinny first before boosting test is bullshit. At his weight he's likely test deficient and there is a ton of research concerning testosterone and insulin/metabolic resistance. Might as well just stay "eat less and you'll be skinny" despite it being proven that low calorie dieting has a 1-2% long term success rate. The added muscle from test won't burn more energy and help him get skinny faster?

    All the extra weight is creating estrogen from what test he has, how is not taking test going to help that? He needs test/AI both most likely.

    Go get your hormones checked, get a script for it, read everything you can and rock n roll.

  7. #7
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    a
    Posts
    26

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by lee111s View Post
    Diet and train for 2 years at least before even considering steroids.

    You'll be amazed at what you can achieve if you stick to it.
    i would tend to agree with this. you need to know what your doing before you go gearing up. or you,ll have more injures than its worth. and shitty results with a shitty diet. (two words) fasted cardio.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    FordFan's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    US
    Posts
    695

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    18063921

    You are not ready. Read, exercise. Maintain this for at least 1 year. All while learning your body. Besides, if you jumped on juice right now, chances are very high you will hurt joints, or screw your hormones up.

    Take your time. Good luck
    Tren...it's what's for dinner!

  9. #9
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in your closet
    Posts
    596

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    4212443

    i personaly have lost 90-100lbs of fat and would say get your diet and workouts down pat there is a lot you can do naturaly before adding aas. maybe look in to some of the thermogenic fat burners but most importantly this has to be a lifestyle change not a diet or it will fail. good luck on your journey take measurements and photos along the way for motivation and to track progress even when it seems like you aren't making much.

  10. #10
    Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,942

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    20
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    120
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Rep Points
    654324758


    If you are making progress stay with it. The only time it's ok to run gear at a high fat percentage is if it's true TRT and your natural levels are low.

  11. #11
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    overburdened's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    POLAND
    Posts
    1,339

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    47660934

    Quote Originally Posted by b1ggjoe View Post
    Hello Everyone,

    Ok, so here's the deal with my situation. I have PMed a few people but I thought I may as well just post this publicly to get everyone's honest feedback and suggestions. The question is should I *even consider* ANY KIND of Anabolic/Juice stack/cycle...or just keep doing what I'm doing. Here is where I am thus far, in both my training and diet:

    1. - I FINALLY HAVE A GYM MEMBERSHIP!!! Yes, FINALLY. I ended up getting a membership at a nearby 'Golds Gym'. It was either that or '24-hour Fitness'. I really like the vibe at Golds Gym...it's like everyone is there to do their own thing, no male bravado, no pissing contest...just do your own thing. However, if someone needs help with something...someone is always ready to jump in and assist in some sort of fashion.

    2. - I'M FINALLY WORKING OUT!!! Meaning, I didn't really have all of the tools and free weights available...but now I do. I ended up getting a few complimentary sessions with a personal trainer, but I only have 2 sessions left. I try to learn as much as I can and ask all the questions I possibly can as well.

    3. - My diet has completely changed. I'm not doing a strict 'Atkins Diet' per se, but it is 'Atkins-like'. More so, less on the 'high-fat' side, but more on the 'High-Protein' and 'Low-Carb' side.

    4. As far as results...I have started seeing results almost immediately. I am losing weight/fat...very quickly...some pants and shorts I can no longer wear without wearing a belt. Other pants, I have to make the belt tighter because they are still too lose.

    As far as muscle gains, I'm seeing that too...and it feels awesome!!!!

    I'm not taking any HGH or any kind of 'Juice'...just my diet and a Protein Shakes!!!

    ================================================== =============

    - I am 5'9

    - 34 Years Old

    - As of today, I way 281 lbs.

    - I am also at 31% BF...the trainer gave me the 'Pinch' test with some tool that they use.


    As far as my workouts, so far they are as follows:

    1. - Upper-body 3x a week. They usually consist of the following:

    - Incline Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Dumbbell Bench Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Decline Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Military Press and/or Military Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Butterfly/Pectoral Flys, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Lateral Cable Pull-down, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Bicep Curls, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Cardio afterwards (sometimes before as well) 20-30 minutes of moderately-intense cardio.

    2. - For Lower-body, 2-3x a week. They consist of the following:

    - Hamstring press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Leg extensions, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Half-squat Leg Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Leg Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Calf Press (calves), 3 Sets x 12 Reps.

    - Cardio afterwards 20-30 minutes of moderately-intense cardio

    3. - As for my diet, my meals normally look like this on average:

    - EARLY MORNING (6:30am) Protein Shake (Whey or etc.)

    - BREAKFAST (7:30-8:30am) Scrambled Eggs and Turkey Bacon or Scrambled Eggs and Ground Beef

    - LATE MORNING-SNACK (10:30AM +/-) 1 Can Of Tuna (No mayo, just straight out of the can) ** or ** Protein Shake

    - LUNCH (Turkey and Spinach or Chicken and Spinach or just tons of shredded chicken de-boned) or bowl of ground-beef, etc.)

    - AFTERNOON SNACK (Protein Shake or Turkey Slices or something similar)

    - DINNER (Anything like the above lunch meals, but even less carbs...as in no spinach)

    - LATE NIGHT (Depending what time I go to bed, I may have some Protein or pure turkey slices or something). If it's after a workout...definitely a protein shake).

    *** So here are my questions:

    - What are your thoughts on this training routine? Am I doing too much? Am I doing to much for my chest?

    - What about Abs? I hear two different schools of thought on this. Some say don't workout your Abs because your 'core' is getting worked all the time by my other exercises...and others say I should focus on Abs.

    - I'm losing fat/weight fast...but it's happening all over my body...not just my stomach. I want to melt away the flab and love-handles in my lower abdominal area and even towards my pubic area. I mean, it's already happening...but I want it to happen faster...LOL.

    - Juice vs. Protein/Supplements...so far I do take Protein Shakes. But I was wondering, would it be better to just go on straight 'Test' either Prop or Cyp, instead of spending money on Protein and Creatine and etc? Yes I want to lose fat, but I also want to get ripped. My thinking was that by packing on more lean muscle, that would also help burn the fat I want as well.

    I can get any kind of Test or Juice I want...for the most part. My concern is if I should or not. I want the truth!!!

    I know some guys who are taking some kind of 'Pro-Hormone'...apparently it's not completely legal but they have purchased it in stores and apparently they are seeing significant gains with this.

    I know someone who is taking 1 injection of Testosterone Cypionate, once a week. He says just off that one shot a week, he is seeing huge results and his libido has sky rocketed (which I want also).

    So what say you all fine folk????

    Thank you soo much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    BJ



    Immediately cease using whey protein, it's horrible for dieting....
    you don't need juice, stick with diet, working out, and cardio... someone already said this, I will reiterate it..Morning fasting cardio(45min-1hr..to begin with...), then cardio again later in the day after workout(30-45min)

    you can lose all the fat in the world like that...
    In the meantime, if you are even considering ever using aas... research, research, research!!!
    you have 3+yrs before you need to even consider using them, plenty of time to learn all about it....

    The workout you are doing will be fine for several months(you are a beginner, and you don't need any kind of extreme workout, you will get good results off what you have laid out for a while)

    We could all poke holes in your diet, but if it is working right now... keep doing it for another month or so, then come back and we will help you revise it...

  12. #12
    CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Vibrant's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    6,220

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    1040044761


    Quote Originally Posted by overburdened View Post
    Immediately cease using whey protein, it's horrible for dieting....
    whats your reasoning behind saying that whey is bad for dieting?

  13. #13
    Board Rep
    BOARD REP
    overburdened's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    POLAND
    Posts
    1,339

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    47660934

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant View Post
    whats your reasoning behind saying that whey is bad for dieting?
    I just posted a simplified answer to this very question in the diet and nutrition forum(thread is called 'how much is considered low carb" or something like that)

  14. #14
    Member


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Elite Peptides
    Posts
    3,945

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points
    1555179074


    Get a hormone panel done. Keep working hard.

  15. #15
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    13

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    609818

    congrats on your efforts so far and good luck with the rest of your journey, might I suggest that you get your hormones checked as if you are defficient in test and high in estrogen then a TRT dose of Test and an AI to control estrogen will make a world of difference to you and then after some time on TRT you can revisit any thoughts of doing a cycle, however do all the research that you can on gear as it's often not the magic bullet that people assume it to be, good luck bro.

Similar Threads

  1. Sugars, grapefruit, milk, and oranges/juice question...
    By viet_jon in forum Diet & Nutrition
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:04 PM
  2. To juice or to not
    By Musclesforme in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 05:08 PM
  3. first use of juice?
    By NEW_IN_THE_GAME in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 09:20 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 04:06 PM
  5. juice?
    By nR_Kris in forum Anabolic Zone
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums