Ok, so here's the deal with my situation. I have PMed a few people but I thought I may as well just post this publicly to get everyone's honest feedback and suggestions. The question is should I *even consider* ANY KIND of Anabolic/Juice stack/cycle...or just keep doing what I'm doing. Here is where I am thus far, in both my training and diet:
1. - I FINALLY HAVE A GYM MEMBERSHIP!!! Yes, FINALLY. I ended up getting a membership at a nearby 'Golds Gym'. It was either that or '24-hour Fitness'. I really like the vibe at Golds Gym...it's like everyone is there to do their own thing, no male bravado, no pissing contest...just do your own thing. However, if someone needs help with something...someone is always ready to jump in and assist in some sort of fashion.
2. - I'M FINALLY WORKING OUT!!! Meaning, I didn't really have all of the tools and free weights available...but now I do. I ended up getting a few complimentary sessions with a personal trainer, but I only have 2 sessions left. I try to learn as much as I can and ask all the questions I possibly can as well.
3. - My diet has completely changed. I'm not doing a strict 'Atkins Diet' per se, but it is 'Atkins-like'. More so, less on the 'high-fat' side, but more on the 'High-Protein' and 'Low-Carb' side.
4. As far as results...I have started seeing results almost immediately. I am losing weight/fat...very quickly...some pants and shorts I can no longer wear without wearing a belt. Other pants, I have to make the belt tighter because they are still too lose.
As far as muscle gains, I'm seeing that too...and it feels awesome!!!!
I'm not taking any HGH or any kind of 'Juice'...just my diet and a Protein Shakes!!!
- I am 5'9
- 34 Years Old
- As of today, I way 281 lbs.
- I am also at 31% BF...the trainer gave me the 'Pinch' test with some tool that they use.
As far as my workouts, so far they are as follows:
1. - Upper-body 3x a week. They usually consist of the following:
- Incline Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Dumbbell Bench Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Decline Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Military Press and/or Military Dumbbell Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Butterfly/Pectoral Flys, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Lateral Cable Pull-down, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Bicep Curls, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Cardio afterwards (sometimes before as well) 20-30 minutes of moderately-intense cardio.
2. - For Lower-body, 2-3x a week. They consist of the following:
- Hamstring press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Leg extensions, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Half-squat Leg Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Leg Press, 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Calf Press (calves), 3 Sets x 12 Reps.
- Cardio afterwards 20-30 minutes of moderately-intense cardio
3. - As for my diet, my meals normally look like this on average:
- EARLY MORNING (6:30am) Protein Shake (Whey or etc.)
- BREAKFAST (7:30-8:30am) Scrambled Eggs and Turkey Bacon or Scrambled Eggs and Ground Beef
- LATE MORNING-SNACK (10:30AM +/-) 1 Can Of Tuna (No mayo, just straight out of the can) ** or ** Protein Shake
- LUNCH (Turkey and Spinach or Chicken and Spinach or just tons of shredded chicken de-boned) or bowl of ground-beef, etc.)
- AFTERNOON SNACK (Protein Shake or Turkey Slices or something similar)
- DINNER (Anything like the above lunch meals, but even less carbs...as in no spinach)
- LATE NIGHT (Depending what time I go to bed, I may have some Protein or pure turkey slices or something). If it's after a workout...definitely a protein shake).
*** So here are my questions:
- What are your thoughts on this training routine? Am I doing too much? Am I doing to much for my chest?
- What about Abs? I hear two different schools of thought on this. Some say don't workout your Abs because your 'core' is getting worked all the time by my other exercises...and others say I should focus on Abs.
- I'm losing fat/weight fast...but it's happening all over my body...not just my stomach. I want to melt away the flab and love-handles in my lower abdominal area and even towards my pubic area. I mean, it's already happening...but I want it to happen faster...LOL.
- Juice vs. Protein/Supplements...so far I do take Protein Shakes. But I was wondering, would it be better to just go on straight 'Test' either Prop or Cyp, instead of spending money on Protein and Creatine and etc? Yes I want to lose fat, but I also want to get ripped. My thinking was that by packing on more lean muscle, that would also help burn the fat I want as well.
I can get any kind of Test or Juice I want...for the most part. My concern is if I should or not. I want the truth!!!
I know some guys who are taking some kind of 'Pro-Hormone'...apparently it's not completely legal but they have purchased it in stores and apparently they are seeing significant gains with this.
I know someone who is taking 1 injection of Testosterone Cypionate, once a week. He says just off that one shot a week, he is seeing huge results and his libido has sky rocketed (which I want also).
So what say you all fine folk????
Thank you soo much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!