• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Bullet Button Ban

troubador

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
The latest attack on the 2nd amendment comes from California (surprise!)
SACRAMENTO (CBS 5) ??? The debate over California???s strict gun control laws is about to heat up in Sacramento and it???s all because of what we reported a few weeks ago.???When I saw the news I was absolutely horrified,??? said State Senator Leland Yee, referring to a CBS5 report about the so-called bullet button.It???s a modification that enables the magazine of a semi-automatic rifle to be removed quickly, with the tip of a bullet. Removable magazines in combination with other features like a pistol grip and telescoping stock are banned under California law. But the bullet button is legal because it doesn???t work with your finger, so the magazine is considered ???fixed.???

CBS 5 Report Inspires New Legislation To Ban ‘Bullet Button’ « CBS San Francisco

In California, the land of free thinking and open discussion, Lee said
It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear, there is no debate, no discussion,

The sad part is they know it wont effect violent crime.

I don't know. Yeah, the relevant statistics (like before and after effects for a region) always support the 2nd amendment but a lot of people really seem believe it will prevent crime. It seems pretty simple to me so I don't know what many of them are thinking.

:ohyeah:Hmmm.. they don't want californians to own assault weapons...but owning a mini 14 is totally legal since its considered a "ranch rifle"
:palmface::hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
they arent doing anything to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, they can buy whatever they want on the streets. I just prevents honest lawbiding folks from purchasing an AR15

Who or what can't you "assault" with a remington 700? This is just classic fear mongering. Oh noez, he can like change his magazine quickly.California has always been a hotbed of dumbass gun laws.

I don't know. Yeah, the relevant statistics (like before and after effects for a region) always support the 2nd amendment but a lot of people really seem believe it will prevent crime. It seems pretty simple to me so I don't know what many of them are thinking.

So which is it? You don't know or you support gun control or do you support gun ownership?

They aren't concerned with violent crime. They are only concerned with disarming the public in general so we can't stand up to the government or protect ourselves from them.

Who or what can't you "assault" with a remington 700? This is just classic fear mongering. Oh noez, he can like change his magazine quickly.California has always been a hotbed of dumbass gun laws.

You can assault someone with your feces. What are they going to do then? Ban crapping?

IML Gear Cream!

Gun regulation is stupid. You can kill someone with a tooth brush.

At the same time, the typical NRA radical would shit all over the first amendment if they could. Pick your poison I guess.

So which is it? You don't know or you support gun control or do you support gun ownership?

I'm very pro second amendment. I meant, in response to heckler's post, that I don't know what the anti's are thinking. It's really kind of hard to believe that rational people would support these gun control measures. For instance, the 'high capacity' magazine ban... There's no evidence that limiting the mag to 10 rounds will save anybody but that's assuming the ban actually prevented people from getting high cap mags. There's already so many in existence and it's not like it takes a mechanical engineer to figure out how to extend an existing one; magazines are basically metal tubes with a spring in it... just attach more tube.

[video=youtube;gZ4fMaGJS0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gZ4fMaGJS0g[/video]

You can assault someone with your feces. What are they going to do then? Ban crapping?
You'll have to wear a chastity diaper that can only be unlocked by a tool mounted to a toilet seat....

They aren't concerned with violent crime. They are only concerned with disarming the public in general so we can't stand up to the government or protect ourselves from them.
They think criminals get their guns from breaking into peoples homes and stealing them, but what is really happening is they break into peoples homes steal valuables, assault the homeowner who is afraid of guns and never wanted one in their house because they have been programmed to think they are only for killing or that they will get in trouble for having one. Then the thief sells the stuff they stole and buys drugs from gang bangers who then go and buy more illegal guns that they get from a dealer who will sell to anyone on the black market. What they don't realize is that if criminals knew that there was a larger heavily armed to the teeth public out there they'd think twice about breaking into someones home, less drug dealers would have the money to get guns and that dealer who was selling on the black market would have more legitimate customers and not have to sell to thugs.....

They think criminals get their guns from breaking into peoples homes and stealing them, but what is really happening is they break into peoples homes steal valuables, assault the homeowner who is afraid of guns and never wanted one in their house because they have been programmed to think they are only for killing or that they will get in trouble for having one. Then the thief sells the stuff they stole and buys drugs from gang bangers who then go and buy more illegal guns that they get from a dealer who will sell to anyone on the black market. What they don't realize is that if criminals knew that there was a larger heavily armed to the teeth public out there they'd think twice about breaking into someones home, less drug dealers would have the money to get guns and that dealer who was selling on the black market would have more legitimate customers and not have to sell to thugs.....

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the numbers show that you are more likely to have your weapon used against you in your home than you are to use it against an intruder. As far as "gun control" is concerned, a ban on guns only works if there are very few in circulation, that of course is not the case here.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the numbers show that you are more likely to have your weapon used against you in your home than you are to use it against an intruder.

Here you go GunCite - Gun Control Web Site: A Gun in the Home

That logically makes no sense. Think about the events that would have to occur on a regular basis for that to be true. An intruder breaks in and without knowing the layout of your house gets to your gun before you do. Not likely, it's more like someone made a bullshit conclusion based on some stats.

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
Another one liberals like to cite is how many kids are involved in accidental deaths by guns each year. They neglect to mention their numbers include suicides and I believe 18-19 year olds (same for homicides). I posted about that one a few weeks ago.

That logically makes no sense. Think about the events that would have to occur on a regular basis for that to be true. An intruder breaks in and without knowing the layout of your house gets to your gun before you do. Not likely, it's more like someone made a bullshit conclusion based on some stats.

Hey, I said correct me if I'm wrong, looks like I'm wrong and got corrected. Not a liberal though.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the numbers show that you are more likely to have your weapon used against you in your home than you are to use it against an intruder. As far as "gun control" is concerned, a ban on guns only works if there are very few in circulation, that of course is not the case here.

Show me some articles where a homeowner was killed by his/her own gun. My stepfather was murdered with a baseball bat, even after the two guys had piled several of his guns in the middle of the living room floor, with boxes of ammo. They didn't even take any of the guns. The cops found out they didn't want to wake the neighbors until they had left with gunshots but instead with the fire they started and were worried if they got pulled over with guns in the car the cop would get suspicious. I imagine thats the mindset of most burglars and thieves.

Show me some articles where a homeowner was killed by his/her own gun. My stepfather was murdered with a baseball bat, even after the two guys had piled several of his guns in the middle of the living room floor, with boxes of ammo. They didn't even take any of the guns. The cops found out they didn't want to wake the neighbors until they had left with gunshots but instead with the fire they started and were worried if they got pulled over with guns in the car the cop would get suspicious. I imagine thats the mindset of most burglars and thieves.
dude thats horrible man, Im sorry.

Another one liberals like to cite is how many kids are involved in accidental deaths by guns each year. They neglect to mention their numbers include suicides and I believe 18-19 year olds (same for homicides). I posted about that one a few weeks ago.

Doctors kill more people each year than guns. By quite a huge number, too. Yet most people clamor to get to the doctor when they're sick.

I'm very pro second amendment. I meant, in response to heckler's post, that I don't know what the anti's are thinking. It's really kind of hard to believe that rational people would support these gun control measures. For instance, the 'high capacity' magazine ban... There's no evidence that limiting the mag to 10 rounds will save anybody but that's assuming the ban actually prevented people from getting high cap mags. There's already so many in existence and it's not like it takes a mechanical engineer to figure out how to extend an existing one; magazines are basically metal tubes with a spring in it... just attach more tube.

[video=youtube;gZ4fMaGJS0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gZ4fMaGJS0g[/video]

I guess I'm missing the point of this MacGyver video...does Glock not make an extended capacity mag for the G20/10mm? They do for .40's and 9's and they are a dime a dozen so I'm not sure why you want some nigger-rigged special. :thinking:

The 15 round 10mm Glock mag is apparently considered the "high capacity" one.

Hey, I said correct me if I'm wrong, looks like I'm wrong and got corrected. Not a liberal though.

Maniclion

When I said "correct me if I'm wrong" I actually meant exactly that, because my knowledge on the subject is limited.

The 15 round 10mm Glock mag is apparently considered the "high capacity" one.

Some know-nothing anti gunner pulled the number 10 out of his or her ass and decided that was the limit. Any magazine that holds more than 10 rounds suddenly got equated to a weapon of mass destruction. That's why the original Assault Weapon ban made any magazine that held over 10 rounds illegal to manufacture. Thank God that piece of shit legislation was allowed to die.

Back