Rep Points

BIRDS OF PREY - Official Trailer

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Diahann Carroll (July 17, 1935 – Oct. 4, 2019)
    The stage, film and TV actress was best known for the 1968 series "Julia," in which she was the first African-American actress to star in a show where she did not play a domestic worker. In another first for a black woman, Carroll won the Tony Award for best actress in the musical "No Strings." In 1974, she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress for the film "Claudine." In 1984, Carroll joined the nighttime soap opera "Dynasty" as the diva Dominique Deveraux.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/di...=BHEA000&pfr=1

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Daredevil Star Charlie Cox and More Crash #SaveDaredevil Party

There are few fandoms more passionate in the wake of cancellation than #SaveDaredevil, the movement actively lobbying for the continuation of Daredevil on one platform or another. The group gathered at a New York City rooftop bar Saturday afternoon during New York Comic Con and before long, Ol' Hornhead himself, Charlie Cox, appeared to chat it up with the fans gathered.

The fun didn't stop there as Marvel executive Joe Quesada, Daredevil star Susan Varon (Josie), and The Punisher star Royce Johnson (Detective Mahoney) soon joined the festivities. The #SaveDaredevil team has provided ComicBook.com a handful of pictures from the event, which you can find throughout the piece.

Quesada even took to Twitter to share a few of the trinkets he got from the meetup, including an exclusive #SaveDaredevil pin and coaster. He made sure to point out he was "hanging out with the greatest DD fans in the world!"

Daredevil star Vincent D'Onofrio — though absent from the Comic Con party — has also been a big proponent of the movement, previously revealing on Twitter he's doing whatever he can to see the show lives on.

“[The cancellation] kind of [left] us all in this uninformed, weird place. You ask any actor on this show if they want to do it again if they had the chance and they’re going to say yes, because the experience was so fun and inventive, and the characters are so strong,” the actor told the Daily Mail in a recent interview.

“I feel the same way as everybody involved, not just the actors but the crew, and even Jeph Loeb over at Marvel, we miss it, we want to do that show.”

As it stands now, fans still won't be able to see Matt Murdock or any of the characters that showed up in Daredevil — or any of Marvel's other Netflix shows, for that matter— for at least one more year. Previous reports suggest Marvel isn't allowed to use, or even develop, properties with the characters that appeared on Netflix for two years after the shows were cancelled.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/10...mic-con-party/

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Robert Forster, a prolific character actor who was nominated for an Oscar for Quentin Tarantino’s “Jackie Brown” and appeared in more than 100 films, died Friday in Los Angeles of brain cancer. He was 78.

Tarantino created the bail bondsman character Max Cherry with Forster in mind, and the role netted him his first Academy Award nomination.

Most recently Forster reprised his “Breaking Bad” role as Ed in “El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie,” which was released Friday, and appeared in Steven Spielberg’s “Amazing Stories” and in “Werewolf.”

David Lynch cast the actor with a distinctive weathered look in “Mulholland Dr.” and in the rebooted “Twin Peaks” as Sheriff Frank Truman.

“I’ve done a lot of genre pictures in my career…I’ve always liked them,” Forster told the Bleecker Street blog upon the release of 2018’s indie drama “What They Had.”

Forster played Tim Allen’s father in “Last Man Standing,” a rare comedy appearance, and played the father of a comatose mom in Alexander Payne’s “The Descendants,” which was nominated for ensemble acting prizes by SAG and the Gotham awards.

Born in Rochester, N.Y., Forster started his career on Broadway in “Mrs. Dally Has a Lover” before John Huston cast him in “Reflections in a Golden Eye” opposite Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando.

He appeared in “Medium Cool” for director Haskell Wexler and starred in the TV series “Banyon” — reportedly the role that Tarantino remembered when casting him in “Jackie Brown” — and appeared in movies including “Alligator,” “Olympus Has Fallen” and “American Perfekt.”

Forster is survived by his children: Bobby, Elizabeth, Kate and Maeghen; his grandchildren: Tess, Liam, Jack and Olivia; and long time partner, Denise Grayson.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/r...wn-1203368514/

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Thor 4 Teaser Beta Ray Bill

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Why Marvel's Black Knight Is More Important Than Everyone Thought

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

The Feed - Official Trailer

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Why Marvel Is Ending All Marvel TV Series - Marvel Phase 4 Breakdown

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Wonder Woman 1984’s New Villain

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Dracula | Teaser Trailer - BBC

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Sela To Return? | Star Trek Picard News

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

‘The Witcher’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix Ahead Of Debut

Weeks before The Witcher’s launch on Netflix, the streamer has renewed the fantasy series starring Henry Cavill for a second season. (See the announcement below). Netflix said Wednesday that production on the eight-episode Season 2 will begin in early 2020 in London for a planned debut in 2021.

All eight episodes of The Witcher Season 1 will premiere globally on December 20.

The series is based on the namesake fantasy novels, though the brand is widely known through the bestselling video game franchise. It stars Cavill as the grim Geralt of Rivia, the bane of supernatural beasties.

The synopsis from Netflix: “The Witcher is an epic tale of fate and family. The story of the intertwined destinies of three individuals in the vast world of The Continent, where humans, elves, witchers, gnomes, and monsters battle to survive and thrive, and where good and evil is not easily identified.”

Anya Chalotra and Freya Allan co-star — they along with Cavill will return for the sophomore season, Netflix said.

The Witcher, touted as Netflix’s shot at a Game of Thrones-size fantasy hit, was created by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich who serves as executive producer and showrunner. Tomek Baginski, Jason F. Brown, Sean Daniel, Mike Ostrowski, Steve Gaub and Jarosław Sawko are also executive producers.

“I’m so thrilled that before fans have even seen our first season, we are able to confirm that we’ll be returning to The Continent again to continue telling the stories of Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri,” Schmidt Hissrich said today as part of the announcement.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/the-wit...re-1202784924/

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

The Expanse Season 4 - Official Trailer

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Rep Points

Star Trek and House of 1,000 Corpses Actor Michael J. Pollard Dead at 80

Longtime character actor Michael J. Pollard has died at the age of 80. Pollard is best known for his role in Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses, but his credits extend as far as the original Star Trek series, where he played Jahn, leader of the band of feral, parent-murdering children. Pollard's unique look helped him standout in other film and TV performances, which include Scrooged, Tango & Cash, Tales from the Crypt, Dick Tracy and even the short-lived Superboy animated series, where Pollard voiced iconic Superman foe, Mr. Mxyzptlk. Needless to say, Pollard can be considered one of the true "unsung hero" types of Geek culture, and his unique charisma will be missed.

Rob Zombie was hit hard by the actor's loss, and took to social media to let his fandom know about this loss in the family:

"We have lost another member of our HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES family. I woke up to the news that Michael J. Pollard had died. I have always loved his work and his truly unique on screen presence. He was one of the first actors I knew I had to work with as soon as I got my first film off the ground. He will be missed.

I can't believe all three of my friends in this picture are now gone."

Pollard was originally from Passaic, New Jersey, and attended the Montclair Academy and Actors Studio in NYC. He got his start in the TV/Film industry in 1959, playing a shoeshine boy in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. He landed additional roles and a non-singing part in the original Broadway version of Bye Bye Birdie, and also landed the role of Virgil on The Andy Griffith Show that same year. He would continue to work for CBS, ABC and Walt Disney as a character actor in different shows (Gunsmoke, Channing, The Lucy Show, I Spy, Lost In Space) and got a breakout on film, playing supporting role of bank robber C.W. Moss in the 1967 Bonnie and Clyde film, starring Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Gene Hackman.

Bonnie and Clyde snagged Pollard Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, as well as the BAFTA Award for Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles. The newfound fame led to Pollard going so far as to launch a fake presidential campaign in 1968. Pollard would see his career evolve into the string of memorable character roles thereafter, cementing his name in the annals of geekdom several times over.

R.I.P. Michael J. Pollard. We extend our condolences to his friends, family, and many fans, in their time of grieving.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/...EFmBGtE7rzqrJU

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gregzs View Post
    Star Trek and House of 1,000 Corpses Actor Michael J. Pollard Dead at 80

Longtime character actor Michael J. Pollard has died at the age of 80. Pollard is best known for his role in Rob Zombie's House of 1,000 Corpses, but his credits extend as far as the original Star Trek series, where he played Jahn, leader of the band of feral, parent-murdering children. Pollard's unique look helped him standout in other film and TV performances, which include Scrooged, Tango & Cash, Tales from the Crypt, Dick Tracy and even the short-lived Superboy animated series, where Pollard voiced iconic Superman foe, Mr. Mxyzptlk. Needless to say, Pollard can be considered one of the true "unsung hero" types of Geek culture, and his unique charisma will be missed.

Rob Zombie was hit hard by the actor's loss, and took to social media to let his fandom know about this loss in the family:

"We have lost another member of our HOUSE OF 1000 CORPSES family. I woke up to the news that Michael J. Pollard had died. I have always loved his work and his truly unique on screen presence. He was one of the first actors I knew I had to work with as soon as I got my first film off the ground. He will be missed.

I can't believe all three of my friends in this picture are now gone."

Pollard was originally from Passaic, New Jersey, and attended the Montclair Academy and Actors Studio in NYC. He got his start in the TV/Film industry in 1959, playing a shoeshine boy in an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. He landed additional roles and a non-singing part in the original Broadway version of Bye Bye Birdie, and also landed the role of Virgil on The Andy Griffith Show that same year. He would continue to work for CBS, ABC and Walt Disney as a character actor in different shows (Gunsmoke, Channing, The Lucy Show, I Spy, Lost In Space) and got a breakout on film, playing supporting role of bank robber C.W. Moss in the 1967 Bonnie and Clyde film, starring Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Gene Hackman.

Bonnie and Clyde snagged Pollard Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, as well as the BAFTA Award for Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles. The newfound fame led to Pollard going so far as to launch a fake presidential campaign in 1968. Pollard would see his career evolve into the string of memorable character roles thereafter, cementing his name in the annals of geekdom several times over.

R.I.P. Michael J. Pollard. We extend our condolences to his friends, family, and many fans, in their time of grieving.

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019/...EFmBGtE7rzqrJU
    That's a bummer. He was a brilliant actor.