Most Wanted

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Lord of the Rings Star Ian Holm Dies at 88

It's a sad day throughout the world and in Middle Earth, as beloved actor Ian Holm has died. A veteran of the screen, Holm took on seemingly countless roles over the years, but was best known for his portrayal of Bilbo Baggins in the Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy. He also starred in Alien alongside Sigourney Weaver, playing the android known as Ash. Holm died peacefully on Friday morning at the age of 88.

Holm's agent released a statement to the Guardian on Friday morning, confirming that the actor had indeed passed. Holm died surrounded by loved ones, and his death was due to an illness related to Parkinson's.

"It is with great sadness that the actor Sir Ian Holm CBE passed away this morning at the age of 88. He died peacefully in hospital, with his family and carer," said Holm's agent. "Charming, kind and ferociously talented, we will miss him hugely."

Holm was born in Essex in 1931 and began acting at an early age. His work in theater eventually led to Holm landing a few parts on television. His first on-screen role came in the ITV Play of the Week program in 1957. Holm worked steadily throughout the '60s and '70s, but it wasn't until 1978 that he really became the star he's known to be today. The actor was cast as a malfunctioning android named Ash in Ridley Scott's sci-fi thriller, Alien.

Three years after Alien was released, Holm received heaps of critical acclaim for his role as coach Sam Mussabini in Chariots of Fire. Holm won a BAFTA for the role and was ultimately nominated for a Best Supporting Actor Oscar.

Over the years, Holm appeared in several other popular films, such as Time Bandits, Brazil, Henry V, Hamlet, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, The Fifth Element, and The Sweet Hereafter. Holm earned a whole new generation of fans for his portrayal of Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, a role that he reprised briefly in two of the three Hobbit films. Holm also voiced the villainous Skinner in Pixar's Ratatouille.

Holm was named a Commander of the British Empire (CBE) in 1989, and in 1998 he was knighted for his services to drama.

He is survived by his wife, artist Sophie de Stempel, whom he married in 2003, and 5 children.

Ian was 88.

RIP

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ia...FuGOe8kr6LJEZE

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/19/ian-h...NHiXWUwuyV6QFA

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Chicken Run 2 In The Works At Netflix, 20 Years After Original Was Released

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

GREENLAND Trailer

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

THE SILENCING

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

September 4

The Boys Season 2 - First Look Clip: "I'm Stormfront"

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Superman: Man of Tomorrow

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Rob Reiner, George Clooney, Dick Van Dyke and More Stars Pay Tribute to ‘Comedy Legend’ Carl Reiner

Hollywood dignitaries, from Rob Reiner to George Clooney, took to social media on Tuesday to pay tribute to the late Carl Reiner. Reiner, the 98-year-old whose legendary career as a comedy writer, director and producer spanned over 60 years, died Monday of natural causes.

His son Rob Reiner wrote, “Last night my dad passed away. As I write this my heart is hurting. He was my guiding light.”

Clooney, who collaborated with Reiner on the “Ocean’s Eleven” movies, told Variety, “Carl Reiner made every room he walked into funnier, smarter, kinder. It all seemed so effortless. What an incredible gift he gave us all. His was a life well lived and we’re all the better for it. Rest in peace my friend.”

Reiner’s longtime friend Alan Alda said, “His talent will live on for a long time, but the loss of his kindness and decency leaves a hole in our hearts. We love you, Carl.”

Steve Martin — the star of several films directed by Reiner, including “The Jerk,” “All of Me” with Lily Tomlin, “Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid” and “The Man With Two Brains” — tweeted on Tuesday, “Goodbye to my greatest mentor in movies and in life. Thank you, dear Carl.”

Dick Van Dyke, star of Reiner’s classic sitcom “The Dick Van Dyke Show,” offered his condolences. “My idol, Carl Reiner, wrote about the human comedy,” Van Dyke wrote on Twitter. “He had a deeper understanding of the human condition, than I think even he was aware of. Kind, gentle, compassionate, empathetic and wise. His scripts were never just funny, they always had something to say about us.”

Bernadette Peters, who starred in Reiner’s 1979 screwball comedy “The Jerk” with Martin, said, “Dearest Carl this was your last tweet always always caring til the end. We shall miss you very much.”

Jerry Seinfeld said, “Anyone in comedy who got to know or even just meet Carl Reiner felt that they had been given a great gift.”

Bette Midler, who played Lilly Leonard in Reiner’s romantic comedy “That Old Feeling,” wrote, “I worked with him, loved him, and consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world to have once attended lunch with his hilarious, guarrulous gang…”

Actress Amber Tamblyn, who briefly worked with Reiner on “Two and a Half Men,” shared a photo from set with Holland Taylor. She captioned the picture, “We will miss you, Carl. You were a gift to this world.”

Three days before he died, Reiner, who was prolific on Twitter, reflected on his own life. “Nothing pleases me more than knowing that I have lived the best life possible by having met & marrying the gifted Estelle (Stella) Lebost—who partnered with me in bringing Rob, Annie & Lucas Reiner into to this needy & evolving world,” he wrote.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/c...GZ7ryk451ThigY

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Legendary '20/20' Broadcaster Hugh Downs Dead at 99

Hugh Downs -- a broadcasting legend with 60 years experience on "Today," "20/20" and 'The Tonight Show' -- has died.

Hugh died Wednesday at his home in Scottsdale, AZ ... according to his family, who released a statement Friday, saying his passing is not related to the coronavirus pandemic.

Hugh was one of TV's most familiar faces during his incredibly long and successful run as a broadcaster ... he co-anchored NBC's "Today" show from 1962 to 1971 and is most remembered for his 21 years as Barbara Walters' co-host on ABC's "20/20."

Downs was also known for his signature sign-off during his time at "20/20" ... ending the nightly program with this gem, "We're in touch, so you be in touch."

Hugh was on the tube for so long, at one point he held the record for most hours spent in front of a TV camera with a whopping 15,188 ... a long-standing record eventually topped by Regis Philbin.

While Hugh officially retired from "20/20" way back in 1999, he lent his smooth voice to a number of TV specials and documentary films during the 2000s.

Hugh was born in Akron, Ohio and he got his broadcasting start on radio in Detroit and Chicago before moving to TV in 1949 as an announcer on a classic children's puppet show called, "Kukla, Fran and Ollie."

Downs also served as the announcer for one of the earliest versions of NBC's "Tonight Show," working alongside Jack Paar in the late 1950s and early '60s.

He even launched one of the most popular daytime shows in the 1960s, "Concentration," a memory-matching game he hosted for over a decade.

Downs worked for PBS too, for much of the 1990s he was the host of the network's "Live From Lincoln Center" broadcasts.

Hugh was 99.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/02/hugh-...ZLX_aJHyLpJ_0U

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Earl Cameron: British film and TV star actor dies aged 102

Earl Cameron, one of the first black actors to forge a successful career in British film and television, has died aged 102, his family has confirmed.

Bermuda-born Cameron, who lived with his wife in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, died in his sleep on Friday.

Cameron first appeared on screen in the 1951 film Pool of London, in a rare starring role for a black actor.

His family said he "was an inspirational man who stood by his moral principles".

Cameron was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2009 New Year Honours.

His other screen credits include 1965 Bond movie Thunderball and Doctor Who.

His family said they "have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and respect they have received".

"As an artist and actor he refused to accept roles that demeaned or stereotyped the character of people of colour," they added. "He will be very sadly missed."

Family friend Martin Beckett said: "He had sheltered himself because of Covid and had not really been keen on going out, he had chest problems.

"He's a great character, very spiritual, very modest, we're going to miss him.

"He would never take on roles that demeaned people of colour... he was often subject of a lot of racial prejudice, but he never really got angry about it. He pitied people that couldn't accept him."

Actor David Harewood called Cameron "a total legend".

Bermuda Premier David Burt tweeted: "I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of iconic Bermudian actor Earl Cameron."

Paterson Joseph, who recently starred as Kamal Hadley in the BBC's Noughts and Crosses series, said Cameron was a "giant man", whose "pioneering shoulders are what my generation of actors stand on".

Artistic director Sir Matthew Bourne, said he was a "groundbreaker" with a "great legacy".

Cameron also starred alongside Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn in the 2005 film The Interpreter.

One of his final acting credits was for a small part in the 2010 film Inception, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page.

Speaking to the BBC as he turned 100, Cameron said he wanted to see more black actors in roles.

He said: "There's a lot of talent out there and I think the British film industry would prosper by using more black talent."

Cameron joined the British merchant navy and arrived in the UK in 1939.

He told the Royal Gazette he made his debut in the chorus of Chu Chin Chow, a West End show, when he was working as a dishwasher at a restaurant and they needed someone quickly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...olfT8hQ9zjr_EE

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

Broadway Star Nick Cordero Dead at 41 After COVID-19 Battle

Nick Cordero -- a veteran leading man on Broadway -- has died after a long battle with COVID-19 -- this according to his wife, Amanda Kloots.

First word of Cordero's passing came Sunday when Sony music exec Tony Mottola tweeted ... "NICK CORDERO..REST in PEACE our dear brother!!!" He added, "lead actor and star of “A BRONX TALE MUSICAL”..beautiful sweet man.. amazing talented actor and singer...loving family man ..we pray for you and your family .. @amandakloots."

Tommy finished his thoughts by saying, "..no more pain ..no more sufferin…" Nick's wife, confirmed the news herself on Instagram, writing a lengthy tribute to her husband.

Amanda writes, "God has another angel in heaven now. My darling husband passed away this morning. He was surrounded in love by his family, singing and praying as he gently left this earth."

She continued, "I am in disbelief and hurting everywhere. My heart is broken as I cannot imagine our lives without him. Nick was such a bright light. He was everyone’s friend, loved to listen, help and especially talk. He was an incredible actor and musician. He loved his family and loved being a father and husband. Elvis and I will miss him in everything we do, everyday." Amanda went on to thank Nick's team of doctors as well as his supporters who poured in love and well-wishes during his lengthy battle.

Amanda had publicly shared updates while her husband was fighting for his life ever since contracting the virus in March.

Nick was initially hospitalized thinking he had pneumonia, which was later found to be COVID-19. Since being admitted, he's had several complications with his treatment, including septic shock, lung infections and a leg amputation.

Most recently, he had a procedure done to remove a pace maker, and Amanda said Nick might even need a double lung transplant down the road.

Prior to his diagnosis, Nick was an absolute stud on the big stage, having starred in several big shows like "Bullets Over Broadway," for which he got a Tony Award nomination in 2014. He was also in "Waitress," "Rock of Ages," and the musical version of "A Bronx Tale," which earned more nominations and accolades.

Nick also had some on-screen credits, notably playing a cop in the CBS crime drama "Blue Bloods."

He's survived by Amanda and their one-year-old son, Elvis. Nick was 41.

RIP

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/05/broad...EdsxsgwzqLHb0g

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

ONE NIGHT IN BANGKOK

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

MythBusters Star Grant Imahara Dies at 49

MythBusters and White Rabbit Project host Grant Imahara has died. He was 49. A report from THR suggests the host died suddenly Monday. Imahara first joined the Discovery Channel hit in its third season on the network and remained there until 2014. In 2016, he helped launch Netflix's White Rabbit Project alongside fellow MythBusters alumni Kari Byron and Tory Belleci.

We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayersWe are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family," a Discovery spokesperson told THR.

This story is developing...

https://comicbook.com/irl/news/grant...rs-dead-at-49/

ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Rep Points

His Dark Materials: Season 2