• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Gregzs on Movies & Entertainment

‘The Walking Dead’ Gets a Return Date | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast
AMC announced on Friday that the series ?The Walking Dead? has a date with viewers.

The program is slated to return for season three on Sunday, Oct. 14 at 9 p.m. with a 16-episode run that will be split into two parts. The second eight episodes will begin on February 2013.

In addition, the October premiere will be followed by the second season of the after-show ?Talking Dead? at 11 p.m. along with the unscripted series ?Comic Book Men.?
Of course, when we last left the survivors, Hershel?s farm was overrun by zombies. Season three looks to feature the crew calling a prison their new home and the introduction of The Governor, who will be played by David Morrissey.

X-2 Star Kelly Hu To Play "China White" In ARROW

At today's Arrow panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, it was announced that Kelly Hu (Lady Deathstrike, X-2) will play the villainous "China White" in the upcoming CW series. Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen) also speculates on how long the show might run for.

UPDATE: Jessica Biel Offered The Role Of "Viper" In THE WOLVERINE

Twitch has learned that Jessica Biel - previously seen in The A-Team, Blade: Trinity and in next month's Total Recall remake - has been offered the role of Viper in The Wolverine. Viper is described by the site as "a complex character who at one point was a peer of Logan's as well as an enemy. She was a major player in criminal organization Hydra and, in one story arc, blackmailed Logan/Wolverine into marrying her." Last year, it was reported that the character would be "the Caucasian secretary for Japan's Minister of Justice" in the film. There are three characters named Viper in the Marvel universe; it's possible that The Wolverine's Viper is a brand new character created specifically for the movie.

Be sure to check back within the next few weeks for more news surrounding the pic. The Wolverine is set to hit theaters July 26th, 2013.

UPDATE:
Deadline has confirmed that Biel has been cast as Victoria/Viper in The Wolverine. The site also reveals that the role is a big one.

SDCC '12: Live Action STREET FIGHTER TV Series Announced

Great news for fans of the incredibly popular video game - a live action series called Street Fighter: Assassins' Fist has been announced at Comic-Con, and will debut in 2013. Hey, it can't be as bad as Legend Of Chun-Li right?..Mark "RorMachine" Cassidy - 7/12/2012

The new series will focus on Ryu and Ken as youngsters honing their skills. The show will be produced by Jacqueline Quella and comes from the mind of Joey Ansah, creator of the successful fan film, Street Fighter: Legacy, which you can see below..

Child's Make-A-Wish Has Inspired Guillermo del Toro To Pursue HELLBOY 3

Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman are in San Diego for Comic Con and were approached once again about the prospects of Hellboy 3. Both have said that they would like to do it, but didn't ever see it happening. Most fans had come to the sad conclusion that Hellboy's destiny that was spoken of in the previous two films would be left unfulfilled.

But things change. A six-year old who is battling leukemia is a huge fan of the films and request for his Make-A-Wish that Hellboy come and visit him. Perlman donned the costume once again and made a very sick child quite happy. That boys wish came true, but it also had another effect.

Del Toro says the event was also a factor in helping to bring himself and Perlman together on making a third Hellboy. "I've encountered a lot of kids who are fans of the movies," said del Toro, "but to hear the story of this kid who was watching the movies while going through treatment, it really just moved me a lot." The director stresses that he hasn't yet approached Hellboy creator Mike Mignola on the prospect of a Hellboy III, nor is a studio signed on yet. But, he says, "We're going to make an effort to do it. I hope it happens."

hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

hb4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IML Gear Cream!
Child's Make-A-Wish Has Inspired Guillermo del Toro To Pursue HELLBOY 3

Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman are in San Diego for Comic Con and were approached once again about the prospects of Hellboy 3. Both have said that they would like to do it, but didn't ever see it happening. Most fans had come to the sad conclusion that Hellboy's destiny that was spoken of in the previous two films would be left unfulfilled.

But things change. A six-year old who is battling leukemia is a huge fan of the films and request for his Make-A-Wish that Hellboy come and visit him. Perlman donned the costume once again and made a very sick child quite happy. That boys wish came true, but it also had another effect.

Del Toro says the event was also a factor in helping to bring himself and Perlman together on making a third Hellboy. "I've encountered a lot of kids who are fans of the movies," said del Toro, "but to hear the story of this kid who was watching the movies while going through treatment, it really just moved me a lot." The director stresses that he hasn't yet approached Hellboy creator Mike Mignola on the prospect of a Hellboy III, nor is a studio signed on yet. But, he says, "We're going to make an effort to do it. I hope it happens."

hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

hb4.jpg

Ron Perlman becomes superhero for leukemia patient

Actor endures four hours of makeup to transform into Hellboy and make a young boy's wish come true.

By Michael d'Estries
July 9, 2012

While I've covered plenty of celebrities giving up time to visit cancer patients and lift spirits, I have to give credit to Ron Perlman for taking such charity to the next level.

The 62-year-old actor, currently enjoying a successful run on FX's hit series "Sons of Anarchy", recently spent four hours getting into makeup to once again become the superhero Hellboy. While earlier transformations were done for the two "Hellboy" films that starred Perlman - this one was all for the wish of a young cancer patient.

Six-year-old Zachary, who is currently fighting leukemia, expressed to the Make-A-Wish foundation that he would love to "meet and become Hellboy."

Spectral Motion, the same SFX company behind the "Hellboy" films, was more than happy to assist; with Perlman happy to sit down in the makeup chair to make Zachary's dream come true. "[He] also ordered a Hellboy sized meal of burgers, shakes, and fries for Zachary and his family and the entire Spectral crew to enjoy," a posting on Facebook reads.

You can check out more photos of the Zachary's special day on Spectral Motion's Facebook page here.

From Ron Perlman becomes superhero for leukemia patient | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Celeste Holm passes at age 95.

Celeste Holm - IMDb

Academy Award winner Celeste Holm, who was the original girl who couldn't say no in Broadway's landmark musical Oklahoma! before she carved out a serious film career in the late '40s and '50s, has died, according to New York news station NY1. She was 95 and had been suffering heart and other ailments, say recent reports. A New York City native of Norwegian descent, she had studied drama at the University of Chicago before landing a series of Broadway roles, starting in a short-lived 1938 comedy called Gloriana. But it was her Ado Annie, the good-natured girl of easy virtue in Rodgers and Hammerstein's 1943 tribute to the farmer and the cowboy, that made her a star and led to a contract with 20th Century Fox. Among her movies were the ground-breaking indictment of anti-Semitism, Gentleman's Agreement (1947), for which she won the Oscar as Best Supporting Actress. She played a fashion editor who befriends the investigative journalist played by Gregory Peck. Another strong role was that of the long-suffering wife of the playwright in the film classic about the stage, 1950's All About Eve, starring Bette Davis. In lighter roles, Holm played the photographer girlfriend of the Frank Sinatra character in the musical High Society, and she had an active TV career, earning Emmy nominations for Insight and Backstairs at the White House. Married five times, Holm, on her 87th birthday, wed opera singer Frank Basile, who was 41. He survives her, as do two sons.

I havent been as excited or on the edge of my seat for a movie coming out ever before, but the The Dark Night Rises is deffinitely one I am excited for. Both previous movies have been excellent to me, from everything I have read this one is going to be spectacular.

Sebastian Stan Will Return As Bucky In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

As an addendum to the Anthony Mackie/Falcon casting, Variety report that Sebastian Stan will indeed be back for the sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger - now titled "The Winter Soldier". This isn't exactly unexpected, especially when you factor in that Stan has signed a six-picture deal with Marvel, and the title refers to his character!

For those unfamiliar with the comic storyline, Stan will - unless there are some drastic alterations made - be playing the antagonist this time around, as he returns after apparently falling to his death as The Winter Soldier, a bionic armed, brainwashed assassin. But now that Cap has some help in the form of The Falcon, don't expect Bucky to be the only one giving the heroes headaches.

I havent been as excited or on the edge of my seat for a movie coming out ever before, but the The Dark Night Rises is deffinitely one I am excited for. Both previous movies have been excellent to me, from everything I have read this one is going to be spectacular.

'The Dark Knight Rises': Reviews are in

Published: Monday, July 16, 2012, 2:35 PM Updated: Monday, July 16, 2012, 3:30 PM

By Mark Maurer

"The Dark Knight Rises" faces the challenge of surpassing its Batman predecessors. Meanwhile, critics have the difficult task of conveying the film's quality without revealing too much.

The third and final entry in Christopher Nolan's Batman saga takes place eight years after 2008's "The Dark Knight," and contains 72 minutes of IMAX footage. Take that, 3-D trend.

In early reviews, most critics say the film is a mesmerizing, comprehensive conclusion to the trilogy but sits below the hard-to-top epic "The Dark Knight." There is another thrilling round of elaborate fights, chases and other sprawling set pieces, even if it lacks a seminal performance like Heath Ledger's as the Joker, they say. On Tom Hardy in the role of Bane, the Hollywood Reporter's Todd McCarthy writes, "The facial and verbal restrictions provide emotive limitations."

Audiences are also advised to revisit "Batman Begins" and brush up on the League of Shadows, led by Ra's al Ghul, before heading to the theater.
According to Richard Corliss of TIME, the movie's pace, both solemn and brisk, is a miracle of conveying reams of narrative ? a hallmark of the old Hollywood masters, whose storytelling was typically more synoptic and coherent than that of today's directors.

Peter Travers of Rolling Stone writes Christian Bale delivers a hypnotic, haunting performance, finally allowed to "move deeply into Bruce/Batman's troubled soul."

Indiewire says it "deserves credit for having the gall to speed right out of the gate and never fully slow down."

Keep a look out in reviews for "thundering" or "thunderous," which are apparently go-to descriptors. As of Monday afternoon, the fast-changing Tomatometer holds a 96 percent with 25 reviews, and a 9.0/10 average rating.

Check back Wednesday for Star-Ledger film critic Stephen Whitty's review. In it he says the film embraces wit, while avoiding camp. It "is not quite 'The Dark Knight' ? a film with a pointed, political take on a world in crisis, and a game-changing performance by Heath Ledger. But it's a fitting climax to a trilogy that elevated a genre, and helped erase at least some of the smirk once attached to 'superhero.'" The film opens wide just after midnight Friday.

From 'The Dark Knight Rises': Reviews are in | NJ.com

The Dark Knight Rises Extensive Featurette (2012) Batman Movie HD - YouTube

Jessica Biel No Longer Up For The Role Of "Viper" In THE WOLVERINE

Recent reports have indicated that Jessica Biel was offered the part of Viper. She then went on record to say that it wasn't a done deal that she may star in James Mangold's upcoming movie The Wolverine which is based off the comic book storyline by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller.

Collider is now reporting that Jessica Biel's negotiations with 20th Century Fox are no longer happening and that the studio is perusing other actresses to play the part of "Viper" in the upcoming movie The Wolverine. Shooting is expected to start for the movie next month. Hugh Jackman has already prepared plans to stay in Australia during filming, whilst Will Yun Lee has been cast as the Silver Samurai

Shazam!

'Chronicles of Narnia' Actor William Moseley Struck by Lightning | Comcast

William Moseley and several crew members on the Italian set of The Silent Mountain were in for quite a shock earlier this week?literally!

"I was struck by lightning on the arm and am doing fine now," the actor, known for his role as Peter Pevensie in the Chronicles of Narnia film series, tweeted Tuesday. "It was very traumatic. We [were] just starting to film."

"It came through the roof and struck nine other crew members," Moseley, 25, wrote. "I feel very lucky to be alive. I've learnt a lot from this experience."

"We have two weeks left of filming and I know it will be a great and productive time," he added. "The crew have been wonderful."

He continued: "I am looking forward to all of you seeing the film. I believe it will be very special. Thank you for all of you kind words."

Fortunately, Moseley was back to work quickly. Later in the day Tuesday, he tweeted a picture of himself in what appeared to be a soldier's uniform filming in Italy. "A picture from the location of The Silent Mountain, filming in the Dolomite Mountains," he wrote. "Hope you're all having a good day."

Talk about a freak accident! We're certainly glad he's OK.

'Dexter' scoop: 'Heroes' veteran to play... -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside TV | EW.com

Actor Santiago Cabrera is joining the upcoming season of Showtime?s Dexter.
The Chilean actor played a prophetic painter on Heroes and was Sir Lancelot in BBC?s Merlin. On the upcoming seventh season of the Showtime hit, Cabrera will appear in a couple episodes as Ethan Price, a charming investigative writer of true crime books about famous murder cases. We don?t know yet which case Price is investigating, but considering all the Miami mayhem we?ve seen so far on this show, there?s certainly plenty of sensational deaths to choose from.
Showtime previously lined up Yvonne Strahovski and Ray Stevensen for new Dexter roles this season. And by now you?ve seen the sneak preview video from Comic-Con showing the first two minutes of season seven, right? That?s here. Dexter returns Sept. 30.

Back