• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Obama "the public sector is doing "fine" OH really???

jagbender

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Obama: "The Private Sector Is Doing Fine" | RealClearPolitics Video at this link

Question:
What about the Republicans saying that you're blaming the Europeans for the failures of your own policies?

President Obama: The truth of the matter is that, as I said, we created 4.3 million jobs over the last 27 months, over 800,000 just this year alone.

The private sector is doing fine. Where we're seeing weaknesses in our economy have to do with state and local government. Oftentimes cuts initiated by, you know, Governors or mayors who are not getting the kind of help that they have in the past from the federal government and who don't have the same kind of flexibility as the federal government in dealing with fewer revenues coming in.

And so, you know, if Republicans want to be helpful, if they really want to move forward and put people back to work, what they should be thinking about is how do we help state and local governments and how do we help the construction industry? Because the recipes that they're promoting are basically the kinds of policies that would add weakness to the -- to the economy, would result in further layoffs, would not provide relief in the housing market, and would result, I think most economists estimate, in lower growth and fewer jobs, not more.

Sure infrastructure creates a lot of jobs, that is indisputable, but let's grow the governments throughout the country and tax everyone more? I don't buy that bull shit for one second.

We just hired 2 new guys for my dept. and sales of pv systems are holding steady.

Sure infrastructure creates a lot of jobs, that is indisputable, but let's grow the governments throughout the country and tax everyone more? I don't buy that bull shit for one second.

look at this graph that uses data from the Federal Reserve Board and it's plan as day what happened. the recession caused a major decrease in tax receipts while spending was kept at pre-recession growth levels.

take special notice to the early 80's where you see spending start to pull away from tax receipts..wonder what happened then..

that graph was combined by using the data from the 2 graphs below:

Graph: Federal Government: Current Expenditures (FGEXPND) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Graph: Federal Government Current Receipts (FGRECPT) - FRED - St. Louis Fed

Back