ANDRO SHRED!

Facebook    Twitter    YouTube    Instagram

How many of you are actually saving for retirement?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

How many of you are actually saving for retirement?

I read in a CNN article a couple weeks back that 49% aren't saving ANYTHING for retirement. That's freaking scary. Will old people be living in the streets 40 years from now? I just have a Roth and I max it out. When I pay off my student loans and cc debt, then I'll open up a taxable and invest some more. Need to start when you're young. How many of you are actually saving for retirement?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts
    Rep Points

I was putting 20% in a 401k that my company matched, but had to cut back this year. I'll increase it again as soon as I can.

Elite Member
    SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Rep Points

Have two 401k equivalents courtesy of the school district, but my longterm plan is to ride my motorcycle off a cliff when I reach the end of my rope, say age 120 or so.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart82 View Post
    I read in a CNN article a couple weeks back that 49% aren't saving ANYTHING for retirement. That's freaking scary. Will old people be living in the streets 40 years from now? I just have a Roth and I max it out. When I pay off my student loans and cc debt, then I'll open up a taxable and invest some more. Need to start when you're young. How many of you are actually saving for retirement?
    that's 50% of the babyboomers alone, there are more than that with zero as those in the lower income quintile save less than .01% of their annual income, they don't make enough to save. boomers totally fucked themselves when they pulled all that equity out of their homes to fuel consumption during the late 90's and early 2000's. they are leading the country in bankruptcy's from the housing asset bubble burst.

I moved most of my assets out of the US long ago, can earn from 10-15% in many country's. savers in the US are getting so fucked over with banking paying less than 1% APR on accounts and real inflation is closer to 4-5% a year. right now US workers/taxpayers are paying interest to bondholders which are the same people that caused the financial crisis. talk about getting fucked in the ass with out a reach around...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Pushing The Limits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

My wife and I have been investing/saving for retirement for years... I will probably never retire, I enjoy working, I just work a lot less these days
    Nvrbdr is created 100% for entertainment purposes and should NOT be taken seriously. Steroid use is illegal without a prescription, always advise with your doctor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Savers are losers with taxes and inflation. Buy rental property and get cash flow now instead of hoping and praying Obama bin Biden doesn't nationalize your 401k to pay for his half billion dollar vote buying to ACORN

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BFHammer View Post
    Savers are losers with taxes and inflation. Buy rental property and get cash flow now instead of hoping and praying Obama bin Biden doesn't nationalize your 401k to pay for his half billion dollar vote buying to ACORN
    and how exactly does voter registration turn into votes in the electoral college? can you explain that process?
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart82 View Post
    I am not saving for retirement, I am saving for old age and medical issues.

Why am I not saving for retirement? Because the concept of retirement is over.

We will work until:

1. we die

or,

2. we are too old physically or mentally to work (provided we are hired in our 70s and 80s).

I do try to save for old age.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

-- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    and how exactly does voter registration turn into votes in the electoral college? can you explain that process?
    If your to dense to figure out voting multiple times on fraudulent absentee ballots, multiple voting, and hundreds of thousands of your illegals voting there really isn't any explanation that can help you.

You democrats need an ID for your welfare checks yet don't think you should have to show one for voting who can dole out billions to his cronies.

Pushing The Limits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BFHammer View Post
    If a person doesn't save, his buying power is limited. Cash is a strong position to be in, especially in these days when investment property owners credit purchasing power is in a strangle hold for the most part. CASH is buying power now. That being said, I agree, real estate investment properties can be very profitable(I have been in this business for years), experience has taught me to have my eggs in several baskets, and to stay proportionately balanced in what you own.
    Nvrbdr is created 100% for entertainment purposes and should NOT be taken seriously. Steroid use is illegal without a prescription, always advise with your doctor

Chemistry Experiment
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts
    Rep Points

Yup, always contribute to our 401K's.

However not sure I want to retire. I like working.
    heavyiron15 IronMagLab discount code for 15% off

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a medical doctor before using any medications or supplements. Heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Rep Points

I have a 401K, IRA and a pension

Results by Design
    BOARD REP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

I intend to Kill 1 or 2 people on my way out..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM View Post
    that's 50% of the babyboomers alone, there are more than that with zero as those in the lower income quintile save less than .01% of their annual income, they don't make enough to save. boomers totally fucked themselves when they pulled all that equity out of their homes to fuel consumption during the late 90's and early 2000's. they are leading the country in bankruptcy's from the housing asset bubble burst.

I moved most of my assets out of the US long ago, can earn from 10-15% in many country's. savers in the US are getting so fucked over with banking paying less than 1% APR on accounts and real inflation is closer to 4-5% a year. right now US workers/taxpayers are paying interest to bondholders which are the same people that caused the financial crisis. talk about getting fucked in the ass with out a reach around...
    Hopefully not to Greece:]
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Yup, always contribute to our 401K's.

However not sure I want to retire. I like working.
    Retirement will be fun for a while but I see it getting old. I don't have any studies or statistics on this but from what i've seen it seems guys who work late into life end up living longer.

Administrator
    ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Rep Points

I don't ever expect to retire, I think I would be bored out of my mind if I were not busy working