I got a job offer in SoCal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    big for a notbig


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    SLUMERICA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,411

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    290939732


    I got a job offer in SoCal...

    I'm debating on taking it or not. I graduated with a bachelor's in Chemistry and also in Biology. I want to go on to further education and I am scheduled to retake the MCAT very soon, but living in SoCal would be a dream come true. The job doesn't start out paying very much though, and I know the cost of living out there is crazy. But then again medical marijuana tips the scales back in the favor. I really want to start making some real money, but I know I can go further with my education and be more successful. What should I do?
    Cumming day and night.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    Saney's Avatar


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    IMF
    Posts
    10,288

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rep Points
    1270266230


    Go back to school and get a Masters in Fellatio





  3. #3
    The People's choice
    MODERATOR
    REDDOG309's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Philly
    Age
    58
    Posts
    5,834

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    89
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    I belive he's allready a master at that
    Don't tread on me!!
    Quit Bitching, Start a Revolution
    Don't fuck with old people, they're unpredictable....
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Is reddog a mod yet?

  4. #4
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    239

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    5958977

    Sounds like you already know the answer to your question. You should continue your education.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    exphys88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Summit
    Posts
    5,208

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    500743731


    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    I'm debating on taking it or not. I graduated with a bachelor's in Chemistry and also in Biology. I want to go on to further education and I am scheduled to retake the MCAT very soon, but living in SoCal would be a dream come true. The job doesn't start out paying very much though, and I know the cost of living out there is crazy. But then again medical marijuana tips the scales back in the favor. I really want to start making some real money, but I know I can go further with my education and be more successful. What should I do?
    As someone who lives in nor cal, I can assure you that socal is a shithole.

    If you like to pay 1200 for a studio, breath polluted air, drink shitty water, sit in traffic for 3 hours a day, and be surrounded by Mexican and black gangsters, then it's the place for you.

  6. #6
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,844

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by exphys88 View Post
    As someone who lives in nor cal, I can assure you that socal is a shithole.

    If you like to pay 1200 for a studio, breath polluted air, drink shitty water, sit in traffic for 3 hours a day, and be surrounded by Mexican and black gangsters, then it's the place for you.
    Couldnt afford SoCal ^^^^^^

  7. #7
    Elite Matador member
    HialeahChico305's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    down south
    Posts
    4,689

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    924480236


    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel618 View Post
    I'm debating on taking it or not. I graduated with a bachelor's in Chemistry and also in Biology. I want to go on to further education and I am scheduled to retake the MCAT very soon, but living in SoCal would be a dream come true. The job doesn't start out paying very much though, and I know the cost of living out there is crazy. But then again medical marijuana tips the scales back in the favor. I really want to start making some real money, but I know I can go further with my education and be more successful. What should I do?
    And this is the guy that claims water sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    ELITE MEMBER
    charley's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    not here
    Posts
    8,762

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    568
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    261
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Stay where you're at and have the 'medical weed' mailed to you......save money by not going and buy more weed......be a successful 'pothead'.....

  9. #9
    Elite Matador member
    HialeahChico305's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    down south
    Posts
    4,689

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    924480236


    DGG alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by KelJu View Post
    I dig their music. Mariachi is good, and flamenco is the shit, although flamenco is all over the place. I use to hate Mexicans until I left my hillbilly land, and was able to form my own opinions.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    exphys88's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Summit
    Posts
    5,208

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    500743731


    Quote Originally Posted by bigmoe65 View Post
    Couldnt afford SoCal ^^^^^^
    Lol, it's not worth the money.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    vicious 13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    corona ca
    Posts
    1,529

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    110991058


    SoCal is awesome very pricey but awesome don't come without a big savings youll never b able to move forward I just bought a house and pay 1500 a month renting is ridiculous here if u can't afford to buy a house you'll never b able to and SoCal buds smash on nor cal home of Og NorCal has cheap outdoor bud but doesn't come close to socals I've worked both down here and in San Fran and sac so I know first hand

  12. #12
    Registered User


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    5,844

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Rep Points
    2147483647


    Quote Originally Posted by vicious 13 View Post
    SoCal is awesome very pricey but awesome don't come without a big savings youll never b able to move forward I just bought a house and pay 1500 a month renting is ridiculous here if u can't afford to buy a house you'll never b able to and SoCal buds smash on nor cal home of Og NorCal has cheap outdoor bud but doesn't come close to socals I've worked both down here and in San Fran and sac so I know first hand
    I think you need to put the bong down.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    vicious 13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    corona ca
    Posts
    1,529

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    110991058


    Y

  14. #14
    Registered User
    vicious 13's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    corona ca
    Posts
    1,529

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    110991058


    Maybe u should pick one up

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Wanna_B_Bigger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    440

    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rep Points
    54229195


    Quote Originally Posted by vicious 13 View Post
    SoCal is awesome very pricey but awesome don't come without a big savings youll never b able to move forward I just bought a house and pay 1500 a month renting is ridiculous here if u can't afford to buy a house you'll never b able to and SoCal buds smash on nor cal home of Og NorCal has cheap outdoor bud but doesn't come close to socals I've worked both down here and in San Fran and sac so I know first hand
    As a former Nor Cal indoor grower and Prop 215 patient...
    I'm not very big, except for my huge balls...

Similar Threads

  1. If you're in SoCal...
    By Bilal123 in forum Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 06:18 PM
  2. SoCal > St Louis
    By HoldDaMayo in forum Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Copyright© 2001-2017 IronMag® Bodybuilding Forums