• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Kidney function on AAS

G3

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it effected, especially creatinine levels? Even a little bit?

Yep totally normal for you to be in the lower high range. Not too high tho

Creatinine levels will be higher in a person with a 'larger than avg' amt of muscle tissue... this does not mean your kidneys are not functioning properly!!! working out will increase creatinine levels... aas will increase creatinine levels due to 'higher than normal' protein turnover rate in muscle tissue(anabolism)... \

MANY docs are unaware of the simple fact that GFR will 'appear' low in people with more muscle tissue(as stupid as that sounds, it is the norm, not the exception)... they look at numbers and the 'H' or 'L' denotation on lab paperwork(most aren't even aware of what the range should be... they just look through for the high or low notation next to lab results numbers)...

If you would like to know if your kidneys are functioning correctly, you should pull fasting labs after 3 full days of 'not training', this includes even cardio(lab norm 'ranges' are based off the 'majority' results that sedentary, overweight(majority of people), low lean mass individuals are....), eating enough calories that you are not catabolic prior to the labs being drawn(this will also raise creatinine)... then, take your creatinine levels from your labs, and use the formula that is used to 'recalculate, with a greater accuracy' based off BSA(body surface area), this formula can be found if you google GFR results(wikipedia creatinine based GFR).... if you can do basic algebra and solve for the unknown based off known values(you can calculate your BSA first with the formula they give you, then plug the BSA into the GFR corrected formula using creatinine values).... this will give you a closer, but still not exact, GFR value(depending on your actual lean mass, and bodyfat%)... mine shows less than 50(GFR), but, using that formula to correct the GFR value based on BSA and creatinine values, my GFR is over 63(which is in 'normal' range), but if I were to actually account for 'lower than avg bf%', I would probably actually be in the high 70's, low 80's(I cannot find a formula to correct for actual lean mass, or total mass(or BSA) and correcting for lower bf%.....

My doc was HIGHLY concerned about my 'kidney function'(lack thereof) because she does not realize that there are 3+ variables affecting the 'GFR' values the labs listed that change everything.....

Back