• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Energy levels

Lang

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Lately my energy levels have been very low, I?m wondering if you could share with me what micro nutrients you tale to boost energy. Also as of late I have been very hungry, seems like I can?t eat enough food no matter what. Are there any supplements that show good energy increase (Something without crash)?
I have been doing more cardio than I usually do (4-5 days a week, 8-10 miles a day biking) and then lifting 3x a day.
40 years old, 12-10% body fat

Current regimen of micro?s:
Vitamins:
C, A, E, B6, Fish Oil (liquid), Mens Multi, Saw Palmeto, Milk Thistle
Macro?s
Protein 200-250g/day
Carbohydrates (Carb cycling, 1 day on, 4 days no/low carb)
Fats (trying to stay under 30g a day)

Up your fats to 50 grams. Don't go under 40 or you wind up below the minimum your body needs.
Also, carb cycling *and* super low fat intake? Um, what is your body supposed to burn for energy? PICK ONE OR THE OTHER.

Of course you have no energy, you're not eating any.

This ^^

This is the hitch w/ carb manipulation. If you're going to carb cycle, you have to carb cycle. The idea is not "no carbs" or "stupid low carbs". Your body is still relying on the carbs as its fuel source. The idea of a carb cycle is to do short term drops while your body hasn't figured out it needs to reduce metabolism to compensate for the lack of energy source. If you're going to do a ketogenic diet, then you have to give your body enough time to go into ketosis and stay there long enough to establish ketones as the energy source, and not tease it w/ small amounts of carbs that keep you out of ketosis but aren't enough to support any sort of energy expenditure. Pick one or the other. All you're doing right now is starving your body of any established and reliable energy source. Further, by keeping fats down, you're also starving your body of overall sufficient calorie intake. Basically all you're doing is setting yourself up for a continued stall in metabolism and shitty daily quality of life.

I'd recommend changing your carb cycle - if you want to be aggressive about it, go Hi / Med / Low / Low / Repeat, and on the days you drop your carb intake, replace that amount of calories from the dropped carbs, with calories in fats. At least you'll keep your cal intake constant. You didn't include how many carbs you're running so I have no idea if you're getting enough calories in general to make a comment how much to keep constant - but it needs to be enough. Starvation doesn't work, but very efficient fueling works wonderfully.

Up your fats to 50 grams. Don't go under 40 or you wind up below the minimum your body needs.
Also, carb cycling *and* super low fat intake? Um, what is your body supposed to burn for energy? PICK ONE OR THE OTHER.

Of course you have no energy, you're not eating any.

Good point.

This ^^

This is the hitch w/ carb manipulation. If you're going to carb cycle, you have to carb cycle. The idea is not "no carbs" or "stupid low carbs". Your body is still relying on the carbs as its fuel source. The idea of a carb cycle is to do short term drops while your body hasn't figured out it needs to reduce metabolism to compensate for the lack of energy source. If you're going to do a ketogenic diet, then you have to give your body enough time to go into ketosis and stay there long enough to establish ketones as the energy source, and not tease it w/ small amounts of carbs that keep you out of ketosis but aren't enough to support any sort of energy expenditure. Pick one or the other. All you're doing right now is starving your body of any established and reliable energy source. Further, by keeping fats down, you're also starving your body of overall sufficient calorie intake. Basically all you're doing is setting yourself up for a continued stall in metabolism and shitty daily quality of life.

I'd recommend changing your carb cycle - if you want to be aggressive about it, go Hi / Med / Low / Low / Repeat, and on the days you drop your carb intake, replace that amount of calories from the dropped carbs, with calories in fats. At least you'll keep your cal intake constant. You didn't include how many carbs you're running so I have no idea if you're getting enough calories in general to make a comment how much to keep constant - but it needs to be enough. Starvation doesn't work, but very efficient fueling works wonderfully.

Thanks Sassy, this make good sense, I'll put these things to work and post the outcomes. Like others, I have fallen into the idea low carb, low fat, high protein consistently while cutting is the way to go. I will spend more time researching posts here concerning diet and make some changes.

Whatever you do, remember your body needs a primary source of fuel to operate on. It prefers carbs, but w/ some work can be manipulated into a ketogenic diet. Protein is a component for muscle building, but its not the energy source. Just like training, the secret is constant cycling in such a way that you can take advantage of periods of aggressive progress, and then a recovery period. Your body simply is not designed for all or nothing. It needs fuel, it needs recovery for the work you expect it to do. If you don't give it those things, it will eventually just start taking what it needs in the form of catabolism and bogged down metabolism. These in turn, will affect your ability to get thru your daily obligations, so its a guaranteed no-win situation. The best and most maintainable result is that of small & incremental changes, but you still need to provide sufficient energy source & recovery. Carb cycling works very well for doing that. Just make the transition from your high carb day to your no / low carb day a bit more stepped and keep the time of 'no energy' short - your body can sustain a short period of continued optimal fat burning but to keep it going you've got to keep rekicking it.

Back