• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

F.D.A. Bans BPA From Baby Bottles and Sippy Cups

Big Pimpin

Sancho
Registered
Reaction score
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more
IML Gear Cream!
WASHINGTON ? The Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday that baby bottles and children?s drinking cups could no longer contain bisphenol A, or BPA, an estrogen-mimicking industrial chemical used in some plastic bottles and food packaging.

Manufacturers have already stopped using the chemical in baby bottles and sippy cups, and the F.D.A. said that its decision was a response to a request by the American Chemistry Council, the chemical industry?s main trade association, that rules allowing BPA in those products be phased out, in part to boost consumer confidence.

But the ban does not apply more broadly to the use of BPA in other containers, said an F.D.A. spokesman, Steven Immergut, who emphasized that the decision did not amount to a reversal of the agency?s position on the chemical. The F.D.A. declared BPA safe in 2008, but began expressing concerns about possible health risks in 2010.

?Today?s action is based on industry?s abandonment of these uses of BPA," Mr. Immergut said. "The agency continues to support the safety of BPA for use in products that hold food.?

BPA has been used since the 1960s to make hard plastic bottles, cups for toddlers and the linings of food and beverage cans, including those used to hold infant formula and soda. Until recently, it was used in baby bottles, but major manufacturers are now making bottles without it. Plastic items containing BPA are generally marked with a 7 on the bottom for recycling purposes.

The chemical can leach into food, and a study of over 2,000 people found that more than 90 percent of them had BPA in their urine. Traces have also been found in breast milk, the blood of pregnant women and umbilical cord blood.

Reports of potential health effects have made BPA notorious, especially among parents, and led to widespread shunning of products thought to contain the chemical. Canada, Chicago and Suffolk County, N.Y., have banned BPA from children?s products.

gee thanks FDA the evidence has only been out there for decades. plastics should only be used for cold or dry storage. NEVER heat up food in plastic!

Absolutely! How about banning water being sold to millions of adults and kids daily in plastic bottles being left out in the sun.

That ain't good for you, either.

BPA is not just in plastics even though most people think that it is.

The number one use for epoxy coatings in this country is in beverage cans...coke and beer cans and these particular epoxy coatings give off BPA just like plastic bottles do.

Oh and those blue lined Coors cans aren't 'sealing in freshness' or whatever. That particular blue coating doesn't use BPA and Coors spec'd this blue coating for that reason.

that's one of the main reasons why I only drink out of glass bottles or cook in glassware or stainless steel

I wonder if there's BPA in my syringes???

Oh and those blue lined Coors cans aren't 'sealing in freshness' or whatever. That particular blue coating doesn't use BPA and Coors spec'd this blue coating for that reason.

That's why I quit giving my two year Natural Light and Bud Light and switched him to Coors. I don't want to fuck up his development. That little bastard loves him some Natty light though.

Back