Not wanking it results in 145.7% increase in testosterone

Rep Points

Not wanking it results in 145.7% increase in testosterone

A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.

A research on the relationship b... [J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr] - PubMed - NCBI
    The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

and a similar study...

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orga... [World J Urol. 2001] - PubMed - NCBI
    This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adrenaline, noradrenaline, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males.

Rep Points

These studies are a few years old but it's unbelievable that not spanking the monkey for a week will do more than taking DAA.

Student In A New Game
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by troubador View Post
    These studies are a few years old but it's unbelievable that not spanking the monkey for a week will do more than taking DAA.
    That's the problem right there for me! LOL!

Rep Points

BB.com has a no fap crew because of this theory. I get laid too much to take advantage.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ebn2002 View Post
    I get laid too much to take advantage.
    Sorry bro.

Crimson Rep
    BOARD REP

Rep Points

fuck that no fap equals murdering EVERY ONE.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Every 5 days..... my test levels are reinforced with more test e.....I don't worry about my 'nuts' ...... I can 'rub one out' whenever I want...I would hate having to count days between orgasms....... better living through chemistry

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

what does it say about SHBG? the increase in test is basically useless unless it remains unbound.
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

YOU ME WE
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What was it Thomas Dolby once said ? Oh yeah, she blinded me with science,... SCIENCE!

Rep Points

explains why I have low T