sodium/cholesterol/potassium?

Rep Points

sodium/cholesterol/potassium?

hey guys!

basically im wondering whats the deal with having too much sodium in your diet what does it do?

also i have not alot of cholesterol in my diet and no potassium do i need these to help with muscle building can any one shed some light on these 3 for me? and what foods i can get them from?

i thought olive oil was good for cholesterol?

blah tad confused help?
    Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successfull personality an duplicate it

Rep Points

i think high sodium can make u bloat prob a bunch more stuff to maybe blood pressure i dno

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

High sodium levels has been linked to all sorts of health issues. High blood pressure, breathing difficulties from fluid retention, among a few. Too much sodium can throw your electrolytes and hormonal balance off. It can also inhibit the absorption of calcium that leads to osteoporosis.

If you eat veggies and fruit, you are getting potassium. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium.

The reason people say olive oil reduces cholesterol is mainly because it replaces things like butter in cooking. The "miracles" of olive oil are a good deal of hyperbole.

I am not really sure why you are asking these questions. Be aware that if you drive your total cholesterol levels too low, you could possibly drop your testosterone levels. T is partially made from cholesterol.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    High sodium levels has been linked to all sorts of health issues. High blood pressure, breathing difficulties from fluid retention, among a few. Too much sodium can throw your electrolytes and hormonal balance off. It can also inhibit the absorption of calcium that leads to osteoporosis.

interesting as someone who gets minor acne from time to time think this could be something to do with it in a small way?

If you eat veggies and fruit, you are getting potassium. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium.

The reason people say olive oil reduces cholesterol is mainly because it replaces things like butter in cooking. The "miracles" of olive oil are a good deal of hyperbole.

I am not really sure why you are asking these questions. Be aware that if you drive your total cholesterol levels too low, you could possibly drop your testosterone levels. T is partially made from cholesterol.

well ive got this programe that helps with tracking my diet and its saying i have 0 cholesterol in my diet yet i have olive oil every day just worried me a bit plus i like them pro biotic yoghurts and eat/drink them regularly i thought they was good for cholesterol? hmmm
    Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not you go out and look for a successfull personality an duplicate it

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

What are you eating? If you eat whole eggs, red meat, dairy, shell fish or fried foods, you are getting cholesterol in your diet. Which program are you using. The one I use you have to turn on what nutrients you want to track.