• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Checking if im getting it right cutting phase

greatone3210

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ok well ive started to try to get leaner and now im eating about 6 to 7 times a day. I have to attend classes most of the day so this is what i do.

for breakfast i have oatmeal
then i cut a sandwich usually turkey into 4 parts. then about

10:30 i have a 1/4
11:30 another 1/4
12:30 another 1/4
1:30 another quarter and my sandwich is finished.

2:30 usually a yogurt
3:30 usually a fruit
4:30 small portion of rice and some other side like chick or fish or steak
5:30 another small portion
6:30 another small portion
7:30 another small portion

usually it deviates like i will miss 1 or 2 portions but thats how its spread out and i drink about 3 bottles of 24oz water.

then about 3 times a week of workout im guessing i shouldnt lift heavy just light and not attempt to really get a burn thanks for any informatiosn guys
It all comes out to about 1800 to about 2000 calories i just split my breakfast and lunch and dinner into 3 parts so its the same amount i eat everyday just spread out.

Anyone plz tell me if im on the right course i dont think im eating muscle away hopefully im not any help or tips would be greatly aprreciated.

what kind of bread do you use on your sandwich? what else is on there? What kind of fruit? What kind of rice and how much?

Also regarding the w/o, you really need to keep lifting like you've been lifting. If you start lifting lighter weights, you will most likely lose quiet a bit of muscle as there is not stimulus for the body to hold on to as much muscle as possible.

k thanks for the advice
i have this whole grain bread that has nuts,wheat,oats,triticate,barley,amaranth,flax,corn,rye its really healthy i mean its not like powdered form of this the bread has the actual peices in it just not big pieces.
very little mayo mustard. i have whole grain rice and about 1/4 of a plate or less of it.
usually for fritus a banana,peach, stuff like that
the rice is usually long grain or brown rice.
i hope its all right what im eating
lately been having about a baked potato for instead of rice i know its basically the same but variety is always good

How much do you weigh? How much turkey is on that sandwich? It looks like you could be eating more protein. Just oatmeal for breakfast? No eggs or protein source? No fat? Always balance your meals with all three macros.

i weigh 187 but i knwo it may look like i dont need to cut but i do :) trust me i do! about 6 to 7 slices its a good amount and yea just oatmeal. But im trying to get lean is egg such a great idea? the milk in the oatmeal i thought could deal with my protien intake

Use water in the oatmeal and eggs are deffinetly a good idea. How much oatemal are you eating in that meal? Do you know apoximatly how much protein you are getting in a day? carbs? fat? It looks like your diet is lacking in protein and fat.

out of a pie graph the top half is carb a bottom half is fats and the second bottom half is protien im trying to get into 1/3rds of each

Okay, so kind of like this then 33%p, 33%c, 33%f. That will work, provided you are in a caloric defecit. But are you sure that you are getting 33% of each macronutrient? Looking at your diet it looks like more carbs than anything....milk, oatmeal, bread, fruit, yougurt, rice (is this briwn or white rice). That is a lot of carbs... then your protein is turkey and chicken for dinner? that is not equal part to the carbs. What about your fats....no oils, or EFAs? that is not eaqual to the carbs either. Also, just becuase you are trying to eat your macros in equal parts doesn't mean that the meals should be unbalanced (a little of each macro in each meal). What about fiber? you have not listed any veggies.

no i was trying to illustrate that the top half was all carbs and the bottom part of the graph is split into 2 being fats/proteins and imtrying to get it to 33/33/33. usually for the dinner i have spinich, broccolli. i always get my vegs in usually i try to get that to be the most portion out of the dinner meal. fiber i dont know how i could get that throughou my day unless theres a good powder mix i could get in and fats i eat nuts maybe 1 every 2 days for fats. and im looking into the flax oil.

Well veggies, particulary green ones like broccoli, romaine lettuce etc..are about as good as it gets when it comes to fiber. So it you are dieting really pound those down. You don;t have to count them in your calorie or carb count becuase the fiber content is so high. Grapefruits are also a good source of fiber. You need to get more fats in.....eating a serving of nuts everyother day is not going to do it. Buy some olive oil and flax seed oil and pour them over top of chicken and brown rice or put them on tuna fush. Flax works great in protein shakes (do you use protein shakes?).

IML Gear Cream!
Originally posted by greatone3210
for breakfast i have oatmeal
then i cut a sandwich usually turkey into 4 parts. then about

10:30 i have a 1/4
11:30 another 1/4
12:30 another 1/4
1:30 another quarter and my sandwich is finished.

2:30 usually a yogurt
3:30 usually a fruit
4:30 small portion of rice and some other side like chick or fish or steak
5:30 another small portion
6:30 another small portion
7:30 another small portion

I'm going to take the liberty and semi-set up a diet for you, and i will try to stick to convenience as this is obviously what you need most. I will not list portions as that will be up to you to tweak depending on how many cals you need.

First of all, you are eating 10x/day, which is unnecessary, and your food choices could be much better.

Meal 1:
Oatmeal
Eggs + egg whites
Olive oil (you can fry the eggs in this)
some lean meat if you need to get more protein

Meal 2:
Tuna
Mayo
Whole Wheat bread

Meal 3:
Protein powder
water
flax or heavy cream
apple, peach or berries

Meal 4:
lean meat/fish
Brown Rice
Salad (green leafy veggies)
Flax + Apple cider vinegar for the dressing

Meal 5 (i'll assume this is post w/o for you):

Option 1:
Dextrose
Protein Powder

Option 2:
Oatmeal
Protein Powder
Heavy cream

Meal 6:
Cottage Cheese
some more veggies
lean meat
olive or flax seed oil

Instead of eating every hour, eat these meals every 2-3 hours.

i tryed a couple times but i dont know how to implement it into my diet should i just replace my whole 4/4 sandwich with just a shake how do i go about that. Everything i cook with has olive iol in it are you also taking that into account, so would that be enough or still need more? tell me if im on the right track should i pour like a tablespoon of olive oil in my tuna that will have like a tablespoon of mayo already next time im making a sandwich?
and the flax oil take one tablespoon of it everyday? its better in liqid and not in pill form right?
and i will start stalkin up on more greens i really aprreciate your help P-funk

Yanick,

that sounds like pretty big portions for each meal. arent i suppose to trick the body into thinking it will get more food soon by eatting less portions? it sounds like im eating too much and im gonna end up making the body believe its not gonna get any for a while and store up what im eating.
Did you mean oatmeal or eggs or both oatmeal and eggs?

thanks for doing that Yan, lol I don;t have the energy today......got food poisoning last night and had to wake up early this morning and go to work.

GT:

You can keep al your regular meals and have a shake post workout. then just eat your next meal about 1.5-2hrs after the shake. You can mix the shake with either fats or low GI carbs if you want to keep you insulin levels stable or mix with high GI carbs or dextrose if you want to spike insulin levels. That is entirly up to you and dependent on your body and your goals....I am not going to say anymore about that becuase that is an entirly different can of worms that I don;t want to open (it has been discussed many times so do a search. There are many opinions on this and the discussions usually end up getting ugly so I am not going there). The mayo is okay, you don't need the oil as well. If you are cooking with the oil count it into your calorie count. You should gett some flax or fish oil to balance out your omega's. The pills can get pricey since you have to take a lot of them to get the amount of fat you need. The liquid is cheaper and works better because it mixes right in with food (just don't cook with it and keep it in the fridge after you open the bottle.)

Those meals are balanced, and you cannot judge how big the portions are because i didn't list the portions. For example:

Meal 1:
1 cup oatmeal
12 egg whites
2 tbsn olive oil
6 oz chicken breast

That is a big meal

Meal 1:
1/3 cup oatmeal
4 whites + 1 egg
1 tbsn olive oil
3oz chicken breast

This is a type of meal that i might eat, while cutting (i'm 5'8'' 183-5lbs).

Eating 5-6 times a day is all the meal frequency you will ever need, quite frankly. I do agree that you had the right idea when you ate very little every hour, but that is overkill. Not to mention that your 'meals' were unbalanced and your food choices weren't the greatest.

Just trying to give some friendly advice man.

Originally posted by P-funk
thanks for doing that Yan, lol I don;t have the energy today......got food poisoning last night and had to wake up early this morning and go to work.

Food poisoning? From what?

thanks i appreciate it :) i will turn my meals around it looks like i was more then a little off course you guys set me straight thanks alot

Food poisoning? From what?

I was eating some food last night and I need some extra protein and cals to round out my meal. I had some kidney beans that had been sitting there all week so I decided to use them with my brown rice and chicken. (no this is how stupid i am) As I was eating I noticed that the kidney beans tasted strange and they were starting to really upset my stomach. But I was hungrey and to lazy to cook anything elso so I just ate it all. Then 3hrs later I ate my last meal and hit the hay with a terrible stomach ache and feeling like shiat. I ended up jumping out of bed in the middle of the night and running to the bathroom, I vomited all over the place.....I was so damn sick....lost my last to meals, lots of water and weighed in 1.5lbs lighter today:( .

Originally posted by greatone3210
thanks i appreciate it :) i will turn my meals around it looks like i was more then a little off course you guys set me straight thanks alot

Your welcome :)

Pat,

your a dick, lol :D

GT:

You're welcome

Yan:

thanks

Back