• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Electrical Muscle Stimulation

kanun

renewbie
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
You see loads of ads/infomercials for so called EMS units that contract muscles using electrical pulses.
Now I know that spot reduction doesn't work, and that using these products isn't give get you a 6-pack or anything, but can EMS work (at all)?
I think: 'Hey, if the muscle is still contracting, it doesn't make a diffrence if it's me or the machine" - but then that's probably what they want me to think. :(

Comments? Is it a kind of cheating that might yield results, or just another gimmick? :confused:

PS: I have NO intention to buy/use any such products, just curious! :D

I have tried one, and there is nothing more uncomfortable than sitting and having your muscles tense up like your being electrocuted. It MAY be worthwhile to someone, but in general I do not believe at all that it is a substitute for weights IF you are looking for mass. I would also believe it to build static strength but not dynamic, so for me, a waste.

I had some back problems at one point, and a Chiropractor I went to used it to relieve tension in certain areas of my back....I highly doubt any variation of this could be used to gain or tone muscle though, and if I'm not mistaken those ab stimulators are close to being declared illegal since they offer no real help whatsoever....

Edit: ah, ok, I see Pylades links to the FTC's criticism of those things.....

There is no way Electrical stimulation could produce the necessary muscle fiber recruitment to induce hypertorpohy in a muscle.
As far as gaining a 6 pack of abs, that comes from proper diet & nutrition.

ok.. thanks for the replies! :thumb:

Back