• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Why is gold valuable?

Diesel618

big for a notbig
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I can't understand. Of what value is it really? It's rare, and shiny sooo.....mankind decides to base it's currency off of it? I genuinely don't understand how it came to represent what it does today. I mean, what purpose does it serve besides jewelry. When did someone say, "I have this good or service to offer, and in return I would like a piece of that shiny rare metal from the ground,"?

I'm genuinely perplexed by precious metals and how they became the base of currency. I could see oil, as it has a practical application, but what are you going to do with gold?

Because women love it and you get blowjobs, anal, and 3somes when you have a lot of it. For mellinia, simple men have been elevated to kings with harems because of it. Why do you think that the crip with the biggest chain around his neck is pimping all the hoes and controlling all the blow on his block? No need to try and understand it knig. It just is the way it is.

I know it is found on green boards and does have some practical applications, but I just genuinely don't understand why or how it came to be what it is.

It's highly ductile and malleable, doesn't rust, looks great as a cawk ring :thumb:

fighter jet canopies are coated with it, aircraft computers are full of it and steely dans are sometimes made with it

Sumerian lore...When the Gods arrived in sumeria long ago, their objective was to mine gold. The theory is they needed it for conductive or atmospheric purposes. If the theory seems far fetched, look at NASA and how they need and implement Gold into almost all of their missions. Based on how valuable it seemed to our "gods", we adopted it as valuable to us, as well.

Plus it looks good and attracts the hoes.

COLUMBIAN GOLD is worth more than PANAMA RED, it's just better WEED , if that answers the OP's question...
:nerd:

gold is undervalued deliberately to keep some currencies in the world stronger,some analysts say it should
be 3-5k an ounce and could reach this in a few years.

IML Gear Cream!
Monetary systems were based on precise metals because there wasn't much of it and it was very hard to fake. As stated above, gold doesn't oxidize with the air which means an ounce of gold will stay an ounce of gold. It was easy to break about making it ideal for trading and weighing.

Gold is a good system for trade.

because of people like azza..

what else would you base currency off of? its rare, pretty, and lasts forever.

I didn't know you meatheads were so intelligent. I feel enlightened. I think we should back our money with reps from internet forum boards personally, but what do I know.

They could have picked clam shells as a currency base and they would be as expensive as gold. Its what was chose as the backing for our monetary system. Some countrys used to use potatoes

Because the commodity's market says it is

Gold has several characteristics that made it a good choice for money.
(1) Until the atomic bomb was invented, nothing on Earth could create or destroy gold. Gold does not oxidize (rust) or react with other compounds. It is inert.
(2) While gold is rare, it is not too rare. There is enough available to make it practical to use for money.
(3) A piece of gold can easily be divided into smaller pieces and smaller pieces can easily be combined into a larger piece.
(4) All gold is equal. One gold bar is worth the same amount as any other gold bar of the same weight, while one half-carat diamond may be worth much more than another half-carat diamond due to difference in cut, clarity, etc.
(5) Gold is easy to handle and store.
(6) It certainly does not hurt that gold is shiny and attractive to the human eye.

Supply and demand

IML Gear Cream!
I can't understand. Of what value is it really? It's rare, and shiny sooo.....mankind decides to base it's currency off of it? I genuinely don't understand how it came to represent what it does today. I mean, what purpose does it serve besides jewelry. When did someone say, "I have this good or service to offer, and in return I would like a piece of that shiny rare metal from the ground,"?

I'm genuinely perplexed by precious metals and how they became the base of currency. I could see oil, as it has a practical application, but what are you going to do with gold?

like jewls they are/where hard to come by long ago that = worth. then over time its now man made worth really. i mean other then being a good trace element in our blood yes we have (or should have) gold in our blood, sounds strange but thats another topic.

gold = power because of the ego. due to the ego, currency is not bassed on food but off a metal....

I think that was mainly what I was trying to get at. The ego of humankind is a powerful thing.

more gold is traded than what actually exists, same as money.

because joos love it

Monetary systems were based on precise metals because there wasn't much of it and it was very hard to fake. As stated above, gold doesn't oxidize with the air which means an ounce of gold will stay an ounce of gold. It was easy to break about making it ideal for trading and weighing.

Gold is a good system for trade.

It wasn't hard to fake. Archemedes Principle? Basically the king at the time was getting jipped with fake gold. People would get lead and cover it in gold. Archemedes found that the bounancy force on an object in water is equal to the weight of the water displaced.

I thought that was a pretty cool story when I took physics.

That goes without saying. I hear DRSE is sitting on quite a reserve.
they are actually poor joos, they hired Sil to photo shop in more gold bars to make their stash looked bigger, then pay in bunk gear

Gold has several characteristics that made it a good choice for money.
(1) Until the atomic bomb was invented, nothing on Earth could create or destroy gold. Gold does not oxidize (rust) or react with other compounds. It is inert.
(2) While gold is rare, it is not too rare. There is enough available to make it practical to use for money.
(3) A piece of gold can easily be divided into smaller pieces and smaller pieces can easily be combined into a larger piece.
(4) All gold is equal. One gold bar is worth the same amount as any other gold bar of the same weight, while one half-carat diamond may be worth much more than another half-carat diamond due to difference in cut, clarity, etc.
(5) Gold is easy to handle and store.
(6) It certainly does not hurt that gold is shiny and attractive to the human eye.

Good post

Gold can be dissolved by cyanide, then leached from solution using carbon.

2013 the gold price will hit $3,000oz, Europe and the US are going to start printing money, viva la gold standard! :daydream:

Kryptonite cannot be disolved..it owns gold.

Back