• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

vitamin D for hair loss?

BUCKY

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Anyone here read the article recently about Vitamin D being the "cure" for baldness? I'm just checking what's your take on this? I always thought vitamin D was for bones and so on. The article mentioned about possibly having a cure for baldness 2 years from now, and it's derived from vitamin D enzymes etc.

Taking vitamin D supplements isn't going to do shit for your hair line.

Lmfao. Doubt it. Ever see a guy with leather tanned skin and bald?? Sure we all have!

ok thanks for this. I hope to mix this with my protein shakes. I thought you were talking about plain vitamin E which I already do have in my multi vitamin, which is 200 IUs per 3 tablets. Not sure if that was enough. I tried a product called Superior Hair - http://www.bestvite.com/search.aspx?find=superior+hair

I'm neutral about that product.

It is a full spectrum vitamin e product, you can visit this page to learn the benefits Complete Vitamin E - Natural source of Tocotrienols for hair loss, cardiovascular health, and testosterone production

Did some search about Folic Acid being good for hair as well. Not sure about dosing or if what came with my multi vitamin is good enough.

Did some search about Folic Acid being good for hair as well. Not sure about dosing or if what came with my multi vitamin is good enough.

Generally multis are rather low dose if you need a specific vitamin for a certain benefit. Vitamin E is the worst offender, because it consists of one isomer of vitamin E, and not the spectrum.

IML Gear Cream!
I've been trying out the Toco 8 for the last few days. Not sure if this is causing some weird feelings, and some chest pains. I read vitamin E can onset problems, but so do everything else when overdosing. If I'm not mistaken vitamin E can cause a heart attack? Or is it way off? I thought I heard about it in the news a few years back. I googled some info. on vitamin E and found that it has no real benefits, not much greater than getting some sunshine. I'd like to continue to use Toco 8 product for the hair benefits that it promised though.

Wasn't toco 8 debunked a long time ago?

And as far as I know there is nothing in it known to combat hair loss

Anyone here read the article recently about Vitamin D being the "cure" for baldness? I'm just checking what's your take on this? I always thought vitamin D was for bones and so on. The article mentioned about possibly having a cure for baldness 2 years from now, and it's derived from vitamin D enzymes etc.

try toco 8

Taking Vitamin D may be beneficial but only to a small extent. Sadly only taking vitamin d will is not a solution to hair loss..

The assertion that it stops hair loss, obviously. What's it got going for it, vitamin e? Gimme a break.

Patent US7211274 - Hair growth formulation - Google Patents

^ The study cited for hair benefits

What does Vitamin E have going for it? Really?

List of potential beneficial usage from WebMD:

• Bladder cancer. Taking 200 IU of vitamin E by mouth for more than 10 years seems to help prevent death from bladder cancer.
  • Alzheimer?s disease. Vitamin E might slow down the worsening of memory loss in people with moderately severe Alzheimer?s disease. But vitamin E does not seem to prevent moving from mild memory problems to full-blown Alzheimer?s disease.
  • Painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea). Taking vitamin E for 2 days before and for 3 days after bleeding begins seems to decrease pain severity and duration, and reduce menstrual blood loss.
  • Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Taking vitamin E by mouth seems to reduce anxiety, craving, and depression in some women with PMS.
  • Chemotherapy-related nerve damage. Taking vitamin E before and after treatment with cisplatin chemotherapy might reduce the chance of getting nerve damage.
  • Ischemic stroke. Some research shows that taking vitamin E might slightly decrease the chance of having a stroke caused by a blood clot (ischemic stroke). But taking vitamin E might also increase the chance of having a more severe type of stroke, called hemorrhagic stroke. This kind of stroke occurs when there is bleeding into the brain.
  • Liver disease called nonalcoholic steatohepatitis. Taking vitamin E 400-1200 IU daily seems to significantly improve symptoms in adults and children after 4-24 months of treatment.
  • Huntington?s chorea. Natural vitamin E (RRR-alpha-tocopherol) can significantly improve symptoms in people with early Huntington?s disease, but it doesn?t seem to help people with more advanced disease.
  • Macular degeneration. Taking vitamin E by mouth in combination with vitamin C, beta-carotene and zinc might slow the worsening of advanced age-related macular degeneration (AMD). There isn?t enough information to know if this combination helps people with less advanced macular disease or prevents AMD. Zinc needs to be present in the combination for there to be any effect on AMD.
  • Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Vitamin E taken along with standard treatment is better than standard treatment alone for reducing pain in people with RA. But this combination doesn?t reduce swelling (inflammation).
  • Male infertility.
  • High blood pressure during pregnancy (pre-eclampsia).
  • Movement disorders called tardive dyskinesia and dyspraxia.
  • Parkinson?s disease.
  • Kidney problems in children (glomerulosclerosis).
  • Helping to treat an inherited disorder called G6PD deficiency.
  • Beta-thalassemia.
  • Dementia.
  • Healing a type of skin sore called granuloma annulare when put on the skin.
  • Uveitis.
  • Sunburn.
  • Helping the eyes heal after surgery.
  • Treating a type of eye disease in newborns called retrolental fibroplasia.
  • Decreasing brain and heart bleeding in premature babies.
  • Helping some heart medications called ?nitrates? work better.
  • Improving physical performance and strength in the elderly.
  • Fibrosis caused by radiation.

Benefits on Cholesterol:
Comparative study of the effect of toco... [Niger Postgrad Med J. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Cardioprotective benefits:
Tocotrienols in cardioprotection. [Vitam Horm. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

Benefits of endocrine system, highlighting the role it plays in steroidogenesis:
Effect of vitamin E on function of pituitary-... [Endocrinol Jpn. 1982] - PubMed - NCBI

Shall I keep going?

If you feel like wasting time. Or we can just got the company website than to the forum link asking user feedback on toco 8 which is 3 pages long and almost nobody stated they Had new hair growth.

Unless you're talking about arm hair growth, in that case there were quite a few testimonies and you have my apologies :D

IML Gear Cream!
Unless you're talking about arm hair growth, in that case there were quite a few testimonies and you have my apologies :D

I was countering your statement on What vitamin e has going for it, by stating the range of benefits.

The hair loss needs more studies behind it, I agree. We have actually had some positive feedback concerning long term administration for this usage, including a rep for another company who supplies it to his mother for this purpose, and swears by its effectiveness.

OP bucky

Google and research:

finesteride. One of the pharma names for it is Propecia but the drug is called finesteride.

I have been taking it for 14 years. Fortunately for me, my hair actually grew back.

It is the only thing that works (for 80% of men).

OP bucky

Google and research:

finesteride. One of the pharma names for it is Propecia but the drug is called finesteride.

I have been taking it for 14 years. Fortunately for me, my hair actually grew back.

Did u take it right away at the first signs of hairloss? I havent lost my hair yet but a few close relatives have, maybe i should tell them to try it.

Did u take it right away at the first signs of hairloss? I havent lost my hair yet but a few close relatives have, maybe i should tell them to try it.

I will tell you my experience, then note the recent studies & research.

I always had a thick full head of hair. And on both sides of my family (I believe the mother's side is the link for hair retention vs. hair loss/going bald) had full heads of hair. When I got my hair cut, my barbers and beuty salon cutters would use thinning shears. My hair was that thick.

Then all of a sudden, my hair started falling out: I saw in on my pillow, in the sink when I brush sink, at the bottom of the tub after a shower, and on tables when I sat at them. Even the lady that cut my hair for years, noted the rapid loss of my hair. I was shedding like a dog.

What did I do after about 2 months and realizing that I was on the path to being bald at a young age? I went to my Dermatologist and he did 2 biopsies and tested my blood. The result was male-pattern baldness.

My hair kept shedding and after 2 years I did what is common. I grew my hair long, and combed my bangs back and long hair back with gel.

And the hair kept going.

Then, in 1998, my Dermatologist told me about Finesteride. A drug then (and now) sold under they name by Merk called "Propecia." Now you can get generic and cheaper pills. Maybe $10-15 per month or less.

How do I know it worked for me?

I stopped taking it twice. Just to see.

And my hair fell out right away. Too quickly.

As for when to start, the sooner you start the more hair you'll keep. I however, actually grew my hair back, and now have a short full head of hair.

There are many studies on this if you google.

I'm not selling it, but check it out, if you care.

Cheers. Smoothy.

Have you done bloodwork with a doctor to check circulating DHT levels? It seems odd that you would rapidly return to hair loss immediately after stopping.

It depends on what your hairloss is caused by. Hairloss that is from genetics and is early onset balding, is not curable. However you can slow down the rate at which you are balding. Shampoos that target thinning hair and other natural shampoos that invigorate the scalp to promote circulation as well as other hair products that invigorate circulation and promote thickness and new hair growth can help. And its rule of thumb to minimize wearing caps that can increase sweating and oi buildup causing more hairloss. If the hairloss is caused by steroid use, it's usually irreversable, but you can prevent more from falling out and thinning, but simply ending all supplementation.

The manufacturer of Toco 8, Primordial Performance is going out of business. I just checked their website again. They had a statement that there was an FDA raid of their warehouse. There were 30 armed agents and so on. The statement mentioned it happened in Portland, Oregon. I googled this "incident" and haven't really found anything about such "raid". The company is going out of business due to the "raid" and confiscation of their products. I'm just wondering why they are having a 25% off "going out of business" sale when they have just been "raided"? Something is fishy here.

If you feel like wasting time. Or we can just got the company website than to the forum link asking user feedback on toco 8 which is 3 pages long and almost nobody stated they Had new hair growth.

I have done my research. I was told this shit really works, but I'm not a fan of its side effects. There was an article online the first time I opened this thread about vitamin D for hairloss. I'm not really shedding hair. Just curious if it ever happens I know what to look for.

OP bucky

Google and research:

The problem is that there are loads of things that help hair grow a little bit, or grow hair on mice etc etc but even if they really work they aren't usually strong enough to halt the progress of MPB. I see these kinds of studies all the time for hair loss in my other job as a hair transplant surgeon.

As Big Smoothy said the best thing available right now is propecia. Two other things you should use are minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo.

Obviously being healthy, taking a multi-vitamin etc will help but they should be add-ons to a proven medication like propecia.

I'm not quite sure how hair transplant surgery works. Does this mean I would grow natural hair back or is it like a permanent tupe (or however you spell it). Kinda like a breast implant is not really real tits growing but something is implanted to it to make it look bigger. Is a hair transplant similar in a way? There are all kinds of surgeries out there. I even heard of one where they can perform surgery on my voice box to make me be a better singer.

The problem is that there are loads of things that help hair grow a little bit, or grow hair on mice etc etc but even if they really work they aren't usually strong enough to halt the progress of MPB. I see these kinds of studies all the time for hair loss in my other job as a hair transplant surgeon.

As Big Smoothy said the best thing available right now is propecia. Two other things you should use are minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo.

Obviously being healthy, taking a multi-vitamin etc will help but they should be add-ons to a proven medication like propecia.

Back